Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Jun 14, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #3,544 of 4,462
Hi everyone.
I received my Maxwell a week ago and i think sound and comfort are pretty good. Had the penrose before and the maxwell is a great improvement for me so far.
But sadly it does have the side tone issue as well as the left ear cup volume issue. Left definitly seems to be a bit louder. Not much but noticable enough to get distracted every now and then.

Would you suggest returning it or do you think these problems could be fixed with a future firmware update? Would love to keep them because they are hard to find in my country but hate beeing stuck with these issues after spending 400 €.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #3,545 of 4,462
Hi everyone.
I received my Maxwell a week ago and i think sound and comfort are pretty good. Had the penrose before and the maxwell is a great improvement for me so far.
But sadly it does have the side tone issue as well as the left ear cup volume issue. Left definitly seems to be a bit louder. Not much but noticable enough to get distracted every now and then.

Would you suggest returning it or do you think these problems could be fixed with a future firmware update? Would love to keep them because they are hard to find in my country but hate beeing stuck with these issues after spending 400 €.
I think for the money I wouldn't settle. There are headsets that cost far less that don't have channel balance issues. Just my opinion.

Jun 15, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #3,547 of 4,462
Jun 15, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #3,548 of 4,462
It shouldn't be. However, it has been reported that too high of the AI noise suppression the Maxwells have can interfere with some background processes that you may have enabled alongside using discord.
Here is a pretty in-depth support page for it.
https://support.audeze.com/hc/en-us/articles/15864241788045-Maxwell-Mic-Sounds-Muffled

I have the noise suppression off on Maxwell. I also swapped the mic incase that was the issue.

I just noticed that the Audeze App has a mic volume option, I have not tested it yet but It was my understanding that we could not change the volume and the gain was automatic?

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #3,551 of 4,462
just got the PS version of the Maxwell in today, what firmware version is it that presents the issues where custom EQ skips via LDAC on android?

Jun 17, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #3,553 of 4,462
Version V.46.
It has worked perfectly from the beginning and previous versions.
If yours has V.38, I would recommend not updating if you don't have problems.
Awesome thanks, haven't had a chance to listen yet, thought I would by now but will check and won't update until I see the fix posted if I'm on an earlier version.

Jun 18, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #3,554 of 4,462
I just noticed that the Maxwell is appearing as 2 devices on Window. Is there any difference to them?

1687125834548.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back