Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
May 31, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #3,439 of 4,462
i think the whole top part metal is glued to the headband and the hinghes i hope audeze can clarify this.

ps : audeze says its welded in further post here

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #3,440 of 4,462
Hey all,

PC user here. I want to get Maxwell, but I noticed something...all the PS5 ones seem to be out of stock and on backorder while a few xbox versions are available. I know that PS5 has the Tempest and Xbox has Dolby, but for a PC user does it really matter which one you get? I know I need the dolby license on PC and that's the extra $30 for the xbox version, but otherwise would it matter?

Cause if not I might just scoop up an xbox one. Might be nice to have the option to try Dolby as well. Either would work in BT as well so my steam deck would be perfect for this :)!

May 31, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #3,441 of 4,462
Hey all,

PC user here. I want to get Maxwell, but I noticed something...all the PS5 ones seem to be out of stock and on backorder while a few xbox versions are available. I know that PS5 has the Tempest and Xbox has Dolby, but for a PC user does it really matter which one you get? I know I need the dolby license on PC and that's the extra $30 for the xbox version, but otherwise would it matter?

Cause if not I might just scoop up an xbox one. Might be nice to have the option to try Dolby as well. Either would work in BT as well so my steam deck would be perfect for this :)!
Both will be the same when used on PC.

May 31, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #3,442 of 4,462
Both will be the same when used on PC.
Nice...any theory on why the PS one is out of stock while xbox isn't? Perhaps there are actually just more PS users?

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #3,443 of 4,462
Nice...any theory on why the PS one is out of stock while xbox isn't? Perhaps there are actually just more PS users?
Most likely. Xbox version is $30 more on top of that and people will only get it if they have both an Xbox and PlayStation. Otherwise having just a PlayStation and/or PC, the PS version would be all you need.

May 31, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #3,444 of 4,462
Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #3,445 of 4,462
May 31, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #3,447 of 4,462
Just ordered a set of WC Freeze Maxwell Red Camo for $$32.96, should be delivered tomorrow!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BZLK8DF4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
According to WC twitter page "Canada, Australia, Europe & UK, unfortunately could not enable pre-orders. June 10 is when we expect the stock to be live! Sorry for the wait."
Finally. Ordered a pair as well. Way too hot these days with the stock earpads.

Also on Amazon with free one day shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BZLJ36P6/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back