Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
May 13, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #3,301 of 4,464
I think it had a QA sticker on it and someone shamefully decided to push it through

https://imgur.com/a/VQjsVjU
I recommend you get in touch with @Audeze and have them provide you with a replacement, keeping yours until you receive the new one.
This is what they have done with other clients with problems similar to yours so that they do not have to be without the headphones for as many months.
What is clear is that they should not have sent them in such a state and knowing that they did not comply with quality control.
It's a shame because they sound great but you can't keep them like that.
Good luck and let us know...

May 13, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #3,302 of 4,464
I recommend you get in touch with @Audeze and have them provide you with a replacement, keeping yours until you receive the new one.
This is what they have done with other clients with problems similar to yours so that they do not have to be without the headphones for as many months.
What is clear is that they should not have sent them in such a state and knowing that they did not comply with quality control.
It's a shame because they sound great but you can't keep them like that.
Good luck and let us know...
Thanks, I’ve already sent images to Audeze in Uk, just awaiting a reply.

May 13, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #3,303 of 4,464
Is Maxwell worth to buy only for music? I’m not a gamer at all. But love the idea of a BT planar from Audeze.
Definitely. I use Maxwell for music listening only and all other features are just 'optional' bonus for me. This is a far better purchase than the wireless headphones from Apple or Sony.

One day Audeze might make headphone dedicated for music listening but until then Maxwell is a great choice.

Last edited:
May 14, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #3,307 of 4,464
That is totally unacceptable.

Push for a replacement as hard as possible.

P.S. What is that storage case you have?
Thanks for sharing this, while I am no expert in adhesives but this is bound to happen sooner or later especially when there is a huge temperature swings in the environment is is being used. I hope this is not common after 2-3yrs of owning the headset.

May 14, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #3,309 of 4,464
Has Adueze said anything about this imbalance issue? I am looking at upgrading from a Penrose and I am excited to get the Maxwell but this issue is a bit concerning.
I really love my Penrose, despite a couple of small things the Maxwell looks to do better (range and presenting as two devices for hardware game/chat mix) so I'm in the same boat. I'm ready to hit buy the second there's a good answer here.

May 14, 2023 at 9:59 PM Post #3,310 of 4,464
Been loving the headset, but the one unresolved issue is that I want to use Sidetone, but it crackles and this has been known for a loooong time. What's the solution?

If it's hardware, it will just never be fixed. But if it is something that can be fixed with firmware, what is going on already. We need an answer either way.

May 14, 2023 at 10:24 PM Post #3,311 of 4,464
Been loving the headset, but the one unresolved issue is that I want to use Sidetone, but it crackles and this has been known for a loooong time. What's the solution?

If it's hardware, it will just never be fixed. But if it is something that can be fixed with firmware, what is going on already. We need an answer either way.
Is this sidetone with the mic plugged or unplugged?

May 15, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #3,312 of 4,464
Anyone else have this issue with the Inner Headband not being glued in correctly to Steel Headband ?1.jpg3.jpg2.jpg
Just got Xbox version. Mine is glued, but there is little bit difference left side.

Attachments

• IMG20230515141850.jpg
    IMG20230515141850.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
May 15, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #3,313 of 4,464
I just got my Xbox version, and listening to some music it sounded great, but when I was listening to spoken audio, like a podcast or chat, there was almost an echo going on. Would this be caused by the imbalance issue people have been speaking about? I had to switch to another set of headphones to ensure I wasn't going crazy.
Everything was updated and on the latest firmware according to the app. Thankfully this seemed to resolve with a quick unplug/replug of the USB.
Other than that small hiccup everything seems to be going smoothly and I'm really enjoying them. I don't notice the weight and think these are extremely comfortable and actually enjoy the lightened clamping force.
One thing I do want to bring up is I apparently have giant ears. Even with the pads being brand new I can just slightly feel them touch the drivers. I will have to see if after-market pads can take care of that as I really want to keep these. For reference, I have not had that issue with HD 6xx, or other HD sets, or the ModHouse Argon's. I have experienced this with the Sony PS5 headsets that came out at the same time as the PS5. Just wanted to give people a heads up that may have had issues previously like this to be prepared.

May 15, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #3,314 of 4,464

I think it's a hardware issue, but hopefully they can introduce some of their noise filtering to it before it gets piped back to the ears, so that it's not as much of an issue as it currently is.

May 15, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #3,315 of 4,464
For ANY issues, please contact support@audeze.com, where we are MORE than happy to assist.

As for the QA sticker one, it was likely just one person's error, not something to expect in general, and not something we've seen before that one instance. Of course it was unintended and we've immediately contacted the owner to get it replaced with a new unit as soon as possible.

The easiest solution for any of these kinds of problems is to contact us, and rest assured, we'll make it right.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back