Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v109)
Apr 24, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #3,122 of 4,480
Yes. Series X
Yeah it's just like any other headphones / headset on xbox. Doesn't matter what the dongle converts it to. The xbox is outputting uncompressed.

IMG_4201.jpeg

Apr 24, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #3,123 of 4,480
Yeah it's just like any other headphones / headset on xbox. Doesn't matter what the dongle converts it to. The xbox is outputting uncompressed.

IMG_4201.jpeg

I got home before and went back in the menus and saw that. I guess I only went down. Most menus drop down starts at the top so I supposed I didn't even look.

Played for a bit again and footsteps are much better again. Also the range on this headset is great. I can now go to the bathroom and my kitchen and not worry about disconnects.

Currently switching between the Audeze and Immersive presets, leaning to Audeze for gaming right now.

Apr 24, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #3,124 of 4,480
I got home before and went back in the menus and saw that. I guess I only went down. Most menus drop down starts at the top so I supposed I didn't even look.

Played for a bit again and footsteps are much better again. Also the range on this headset is great. I can now go to the bathroom and my kitchen and not worry about disconnects.

Currently switching between the Audeze and Immersive presets, leaning to Audeze for gaming right now.
How is it for music? Does it compare to the LCD-X or 109Pro?

Thanks

Apr 24, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #3,125 of 4,480
How is it for music? Does it compare to the LCD-X or 109Pro?

Thanks
I'll definitely listen to music later or tomorrow. I got to say these definitely don't feel heavy since I'm used to the LCDX lol and I've also really gotten used to the LCDX they don't feel heavy anymore

Apr 24, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #3,126 of 4,480
Listened to a bit of music - Bluetooth. It's not fair to compare these to the LCD-X or 109 Pro at all. And not just because they are wired and those are from really good sources too. A lot of the Maxwell price is about the gaming related features and wireless ones, whereas the X and Meze are only about SQ. But the Maxwell are a nice bluetooth headset though. I'll compare them to m Momentum 4's after the new firmware update for the senns.

If I use the aux in for the Maxwell, it still can't be coming from an amped source correct?

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #3,127 of 4,480
Listened to a bit of music - Bluetooth. It's not fair to compare these to the LCD-X or 109 Pro at all. And not just because they are wired and those are from really good sources too. A lot of the Maxwell price is about the gaming related features and wireless ones, whereas the X and Meze are only about SQ. But the Maxwell are a nice bluetooth headset though. I'll compare them to m Momentum 4's after the new firmware update for the senns.

If I use the aux in for the Maxwell, it still can't be coming from an amped source correct?

so, you're saying they are not worth their current price just for sound quality alone ? other reviewers said they were worth much more than their price.

Apr 24, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #3,129 of 4,480
so, you're saying they are not worth their current price just for sound quality alone ? other reviewers said they were worth much more than their price.
I never said I don't think they're worth their price. Somebody asked me to compare them to the LCD-X and 109 pro and I just said that's not fair.

Been gaming since 7:00 and I got to say these are great headphones for 300 bucks. I've tried like six Bluetooth gaming headsets and none have this range and apparently none had this battery life either. Of course I haven't had them long enough to test battery but everybody is agreeing that's their experience so it's safe to say.

Sound quality is great for the price.

I have a big head and I find these comfortable at the loosest setting with the strap-on

Apr 25, 2023 at 5:31 AM Post #3,132 of 4,480
Nice! Are they they Xbox version and where did you order? What was the ETA when you initially ordered?
Yeah the Xbox version and I ordered in December with Hifiheadphones. When I initially ordered they were expecting them in January.

They also told me that if my order wasn't fulfilled in this shipment it would be end of May. But luckily had delivery confirmation since then.

Apr 25, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #3,134 of 4,480
Maxwell Xbox should be arriving soon, hopefully. Looking for a recommendation for a usb switch so I can use my ps5 and Xbox without removing the dongle. I’ve never used one before, does it switch over automatically when it detects which console is powered on or would you have do it manually?

Apr 25, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #3,135 of 4,480
a nice touch about these cans - they made the power button nice and big and put it on the lower middle side of the left earcup and there is no other button near it. Ditto with the mute button. It's big and on the upper middle of the left earcup. They are both super easy to find and utilize vs some headsets I've seen where all the buttons were on the edge of the earcup. Just makes the interface smoother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back