Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 17, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #2,573 of 4,465
@Audeze

I just updated my AudezeHQ to the latest one dated 16th March.
I tried updating both but my dongle keeps failing to flash properly. My headset managed to update the 2nd time but it still shows the same version as I had before.
In the changelog it shows Release v1.0.1.38 as the latest and I do not know why the app keeps saying there is a new version but it is the same as what I had flashed a few weeks back.

2023/03/16
Release v1.0.1.38

Odd thing is the Android App says that v1.0.1.32 is the latest version and doesn't show any available update.

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2023 at 3:40 AM Post #2,575 of 4,465
For anyone that's interested...I've settled on this for warzone 2....came across it on Reddit, it's a Penrose Eq but works well on Maxwell..this combined with the setting headphone and not headphone bass boost in warzone settings works extremely well, the directional audio is by far the best I have heard as of yet

Wow I just tested it and the directional sound is so much more accurate. Thank you so much for this. This is a really good baseline for footsteps. Even better than the stock preset footsteps that seems a bit confusing to decipher directional sound. This preset pretty much narrows the direction that you hear footsteps from.

Just to check, did you use any spatial sound enhancement? Because mine is switched off and it already sounds so good.

This was tested on MW2022 with headphones only setting. Not headphones bass boost.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2023 at 7:05 AM Post #2,577 of 4,465
This might seem like a bit of a dunce question, but just so I fully understand the connection technology:

Maxwell dongle is actually using the Bluetooth LE/LC3 tech, instead of 'wireless'/Wi-Fi frequency that was presumably used by the Penrose dongle.

Doesn't this explain to some extent why Maxwell can't run multiple sound sources? If Penrose was Wireless (console/dongle) and then a completely separately recognised source (Bluetooth), then you have two distinct sources, whereas Maxwell is connecting to ALL wireless sources via Bluetooth, and so it can connect to multiple devices but only output sound from one at a time.

Is this about right as far as explaining why it can't do multiple-source wireless audio as before?

Not an issue for me as it's not a feature I use, but the question/criticism is constantly coming up, and I'd love to understand it more.

Mar 17, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #2,578 of 4,465
Wow I just tested it and the directional sound is so much more accurate. Thank you so much for this. This is a really good baseline for footsteps. Even better than the stock preset footsteps that seems a bit confusing to decipher directional sound. This preset pretty much narrows the direction that you hear footsteps from.

Just to check, did you use any spatial sound enhancement? Because mine is switched off and it already sounds so good.

This was tested on MW2022 with headphones only setting. Not headphones bass boost.
I'm using it with 3d audio on at setting number 4......

Mar 17, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #2,579 of 4,465
This might seem like a bit of a dunce question, but just so I fully understand the connection technology:

Maxwell dongle is actually using the Bluetooth LE/LC3 tech, instead of 'wireless'/Wi-Fi frequency that was presumably used by the Penrose dongle.

Doesn't this explain to some extent why Maxwell can't run multiple sound sources? If Penrose was Wireless (console/dongle) and then a completely separately recognised source (Bluetooth), then you have two distinct sources, whereas Maxwell is connecting to ALL wireless sources via Bluetooth, and so it can connect to multiple devices but only output sound from one at a time.

Is this about right as far as explaining why it can't do multiple-source wireless audio as before?

Not an issue for me as it's not a feature I use, but the question/criticism is constantly coming up, and I'd love to understand it more.
Yeah, I bet that's why it can't do it. At least I can switch to my phone calls though. That's all I really need. Would I want to be able to do both? Yeah, but as long as I can switch when I'm on call for work, it'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back