Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 15, 2023 at 9:06 PM Post #2,521 of 4,466
So, 7 days of normal use for me on the Maxwell, with pretty much a gaming session of at least 4-5 hrs every night, plus some music listening. Probably 40-50hrs of usage I think.

Battery is at 49%. Bloody awesome:thumbsup:

I was thinking I'd probably need to charge once a week but I could probably get the best part of 2 weeks usage of of these.
This is my favorite feature of Maxwell. I took a unit to CanJamNY and have been using it since then and it is still at 30%.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 15, 2023 at 10:37 PM Post #2,525 of 4,466
When will US distributors get the XBox versions?

Mar 16, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #2,527 of 4,466
@Audeze @Mad Lust Envy

I've spent most of the day with these things and they're pretty brilliant, and an improvement upon Penrose in pretty much every way (and I really liked Penrose). Robust build that feels hefty and of good quality in the hand, comfortable to wear (much more "pillowy" than Penrose out of the box), great sound, and I'm still at 90% battery after close to a full day of use. The biggest issue with Penrose for me were the cracks that formed above the earcups, which in my case necessitated a couple of replacements over the past couple years. Maxwell inspires far more confidence in this area upon first inspection.

What'll be of great importance to many people, even though I didn't experience many serious connection issues with Penrose as my WiFi environment isn't super busy, is that I haven't heard so much as a single click or pop since I first turned them on. The advantage that headsets like the Steelseries once had in terms of connection stability has seemingly been surrendered, and Audeze's now got the full package of both great sound and great reliability (or so I'm hoping).

The lack of wireless dongle/Bluetooth functionality's a bit of a loss as I did occasionally blend in some music or a phone call while I played, but it's a feature I have no problem giving up. The headband adjustment also takes some getting used to as I've found the best fit for me actually has me on the 3rd notch on one side, and the second on the other...but these are fairly small gripes in the grand scheme.

Anyways, thanks to Audeze for staying dedicated to the gaming space and building on what's been learned with past products - Maxwell looks like a winner.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #2,530 of 4,466
After having some time with the Maxwell and getting over the initial excitement, I noticed that the left ear cup was rubbing and catching on the yoke. The right cup moved freely and had good clearance. Just a QC issue to watch out for. The good news is that I reached out to Audeze support online. To my surprise Andrew responded minutes later. Yeah. Minutes! I have dealt with Audeze support once before for my lcd2c and now both times have had wonderful experiences.

Mar 16, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #2,533 of 4,466
Can someone provide a bit more details of the sound difference between Penrose and Maxwell? I mean - a lot more people have it now.
Music (Jazz, Metal) and Single Player Games (like RDR2) would be what I am most interested in, but anything is welcomed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back