Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 10, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #2,373 of 4,459
To the Audeze reps, is the noise/crackling with side tone with the mic being looked at? Is there something on your end that can be done to improve it?
It happens regardless of sidetone being enabled, sidetone just allows you to hear it. I've recorded some clips straight into Adobe Audition and it's present with sidetone enabled or not.

Mar 10, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #2,376 of 4,459
Or perhaps only some devices aren't impacted. GadgetryTech's review has a sample of audio without filtering and it doesn't seem to have the interference I hear in mine.
I don't hear the interference in the recording, only in the sidetone feedback. So GadgetryTech's testing isn't relevant. Audio records fine, even without filtering. Mic sound amazing. But the sidetone audio has buzzing.

Mar 10, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #2,377 of 4,459
I don't hear the interference in the recording, only in the sidetone feedback. So GadgetryTech's testing isn't relevant. Audio records fine, even without filtering. Mic sound amazing. But the sidetone audio has buzzing.
Actually I do hear it a bit in the non-filtered recording, now that I hear it. But the low filtering version completely fixes it. So ideally for me, if Auedeze can make the audio sidetone filtered to match what's on the output that would fix my biggest issue.

Mar 10, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #2,379 of 4,459
Actually I do hear it a bit in the non-filtered recording, now that I hear it. But the low filtering version completely fixes it. So ideally for me, if Auedeze can make the audio sidetone filtered to match what's on the output that would fix my biggest issue.
That would probably induce some latency that you can't have In a sidetone (i remember having this on the turtle beach, it was very distracting and made it unusable to me).

Mar 10, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #2,380 of 4,459
Thanks.

Just to confirm, on a PC the "BT call > dongle > BT audio" is not achievable (hence requiring to put the phone on silent to avoid sound notifications) ?
I believe that's confirmed. This is another post he made about it below.
It's different on PC. BT audio will prioritize over dongle audio. So if you're on the dongle, and playback a youtube video on the phone, the video audio will take over until you pause. As the BT audio is prioritize, I recommend disabling touch sounds or message tones, etc on your phones, so not to get interrupted every time you touch your phone. or check messages, etc.

Note that you may need to power cycle the Maxwell if the behavior changes.

Pixelcowboy: That is not the intended behavior, and may be a bug.

Mar 10, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #2,384 of 4,459
Let's goooooooooo XboX version!

Well, I have two pre-orders at this point - B&H and Bloom - let's see who ships first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back