Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 6, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #2,086 of 4,465
@Audeze is it possible to create a configuration to limit amount of devices that can be connected to these cans? It seems the bandwidth is shared between devices. I'd like to connect via BT one device at a time because I use the highest bitrate in LDAC. When two devices are connected to Maxwell, the sound cuts off for what am assuming is a lack of bandwidth. Not a big deal though, it's a small inconvenience.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #2,087 of 4,465
Has there been anymore talk about purchasable replacement straps? I'm stuck in that my big head is somehow not big enough for the largest setting, but also too small for the medium. I'm sure I could figure out something in way of attachments but I'd rather just buy/make a new strap.

I know wicked cushions was working on Maxwell cups, these are great but they do run warm so waiting for the WC pads.

Mar 6, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #2,088 of 4,465
Has there been anymore talk about purchasable replacement straps? I'm stuck in that my big head is somehow not big enough for the largest setting, but also too small for the medium. I'm sure I could figure out something in way of attachments but I'd rather just buy/make a new strap.

I know wicked cushions was working on Maxwell cups, these are great but they do run warm so waiting for the WC pads.
Someone mentioned to just move one side of the headstrap for an in between size. So have one size set at largest and one at the middle setting.

Mar 6, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #2,089 of 4,465
I already had it downloaded from the Penrose days. I just updated it. I didn't have any problems pairing. Just paired through my phones normal process and when I opened the app it was there (which never works for my V-Modas).
So I just paired. That was fine. However, I see no place I can put in a custom eq. Just in the equalizer they have the presets which I can do that on my computer or on the headset itself.

Edit: found it in the drop downs. It didn't show anything the first time. So glad to be able to play around a bit when this :).

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #2,091 of 4,465
So I just paired. That was fine. However, I see no place I can put in a custom eq. Just in the equalizer they have the presets which I can do that on my computer or on the headset itself.

Edit: found it in the drop downs. It didn't show anything the first time. So glad to be able to play around a bit when this :).
Be sure to pump music or audio through the headset to allow you to edit them. Some reason it won’t let you do it otherwise.

Mar 6, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #2,092 of 4,465
I’d just like to chime in and say that I too have an issue with the volume ceiling on the Maxwell. I’ve found them to be noticeable quieter than that of the Penrose. The problem was significantly inherent when I tried to watch the new episode of The Mandalorian with them. For whatever reason, programs on Disney plus are typically quieter than programs on other platform. However, this was never an issue for me with the Penrose, as the higher volume overhead just allowed me to turn the volume up to my liking. With the Maxwell, I found the program to be almost unwatchable. It’s hard to get immersed when you can barely hear anything.
I’m waiting on the Xbox version. Hope they fix this low volume issue too. I honestly don’t care if battery life went down to 40 with an increase in volume. I listen to things at higher volume so I can hear good.

Mar 6, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #2,096 of 4,465
so i made some EQ presets on my samsung tablet, makes a world of difference playing music. sooooo much clearer on there vs my iphone. do they automatically get saved to the headphones? if not how do you upload it to use on the iphone? they sound way worse on the iphone playing the same song on my tablet .

Mar 6, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #2,097 of 4,465
so i made some EQ presets on my samsung tablet, makes a world of difference playing music. sooooo much clearer on there vs my iphone. do they automatically get saved to the headphones? if not how do you upload it to use on the iphone? they sound way worse on the iphone playing the same song on my tablet .
Are you also using the Dolby Atmos EQ/presets on the tablet in addition to the Audeze EQ?

Mar 6, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #2,098 of 4,465
no i has some music on and saved a few in the presets, like more bass on one, more treble, and a V shaped curve. i guess it just sounds better bc of the better bluetooth codec support vs the iphone? do all android phones support LDAC? the tablet does. wonder if that’s making a difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back