Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v107 beta on June/12/24)
Feb 9, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #1,187 of 4,477
Happy to hear about the iOS app, means I can easily config the headphones without having to always reply on desktop software. I expected as much about shipping dates and have been keeping my expectations low. Cant wait to play the upcoming PC games on this headphone like the Last of Us and Re4 remake etc :) And I am hoping this can take over from my wired headphone setup at my desktop as well since I am growing less and less fond of having a massive stack just taking up space.

Feb 10, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #1,189 of 4,477
@Mad Lust Envy

Can you please compare the sound signature between LCD-X and the Maxwell? I'm wondering if they are comparable or if the LCD-X will blow it away. Thanks.
Sound signature, the Maxwell is closed and the X is open. That alone causes a difference in how they compare. The Maxwell is more along the lines of the Mobius and Penrose in terms of sound, if an evolution of those. We also have some really awesome presets that to me is like having multiple headphones all in one. They're all usable, and make the Maxwell target different signatures.

The X is still my fave LCD, and Maxwell won't shift that, though of course I think Maxwell is excellent in its segment.

If you're looking for raw horsepower, so to speak, I mean... LCD-X is literally in another, higher tier.

I will say, I'm not an EQ using person, but I swear Maxwell is so fun, I find myself juggling between the EQs we have.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #1,190 of 4,477
Sound signature, the Maxwell is closed and the X is open. That alone causes a difference in how they compare. The Maxwell is more along the lines of the Mobius and Penrose in terms of sound, if an evolution of those. We also have some really awesome presets that to me is like having multiple headphones all in one. They're all usable, and make the Maxwell target different signatures.

The X is still my fave LCD, and Maxwell won't shift that, though of course I think Maxwell is excellent in its segment.

If you're looking for raw horsepower, so to speak, I mean... LCD-X is literally in another, higher tier.

I will say, I'm not an EQ using person, but I swear Maxwell is so fun, I find myself juggling between the EQs we have.

I love switching eqs depending on need and situation. All the better if the pre-made eqs are great. Iirc you can a few favs on board and switch between them right?

Feb 10, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #1,191 of 4,477

When you said you have some awesome presets do you mean thee are separate to the built in ones?

Feb 10, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #1,192 of 4,477

The price should already suggest the LCD-X to be superior. Still it would be interesting to know how good Maxwell will fare vs LCD-XC or LCD-2 Classic Closed as that comparison is more realistic.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2023 at 6:17 PM Post #1,194 of 4,477

How bout on Xbox? I know you probably cant get the best performance with the LCD GX plugged into the Xbox controller, so in that case would the Maxwell sound better?

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #1,195 of 4,477
I would be more than happy with an identical sound quality to that I experience with Penrose (minus the whoosh) along with the added improvements of a solid wireless connection, durability, an iOS app and user-friendly chat mixing (PS5). I do not expect the sound quality to rival that experienced on higher-end Audeze cans for obvious reasons.

I have great, although admittedly cautious, hopes for the Maxwell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back