Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 28, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #2,777 of 4,462
On the subject of the different spatial software out there (Tempest, Atmos, DTS, etc.), I’ve always been pretty bullish about DTS being the best of the bunch, and that has remained the same with Maxwell.

I used to use Atmos on Xbox almost exclusively until the DTS:X license became available on the platform and have found that it by far does the best job of preserving the rich quality of a stereo signal while providing its spaciousness and directionality. It’s actually one of the reasons Xbox is the preferred platform for me as I view Tempest to be somewhat of a failing on Sony’s part, both because of the way it sounds and because they don’t offer any other options.
Thanks for the insight! I had no idea DTS was supported on XBox now. I'll definitely start using that instead of Atmos. Wishing Sony would allow it on Playstation. :frowning2:

Mar 28, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #2,778 of 4,462
I have to say that DTS does sound very nice and balanced. I guess my only worry with it is with games that support dolby atmos natively. Would the mix maybe not be as good, not sure. I already own dolby atmos and DTS is a bit expensive right now though, so I guess I'll wait on a sale for DTS and buy it then.

Mar 28, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #2,779 of 4,462
Maxwell Battery Cheat sheet:

1% Battery is almost an hour of listening time
1% Battery charges in about 1 Minute, so you charge roughly an hour a minute (depending on charge level/current, more below)
So IF it's ever empty: You need exactly 1 workday of charge? 10 Minutes... Watch a movie? 2-3 minutes max.
With a semi-normal sleep cycle and nightly charging it's impossible to drain below 80%, no matter how long you listen.

Interesting note on charge speed!
I've seen it charge as fast as 8 Watts! That is up to 8x faster than many other headsets! The fuller it get's the slower it charges... If you're waiting on it and don't want to waste time, don't charge above 80% (but why would you...)

Definitely the BEST battery solution of many headsets I used so far, including the big ones from Steelseries (14 hour Double Battery) and Logitech (20 hours single battery)!

(Disclaimer: All data collected/charging done while NOT in use... Didn't see the point to get data on "pass through", wouldn't ever use it on this...)

Mar 28, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #2,780 of 4,462
I have a minimal problem with the use of the headphones, does anyone else notice the annoying rubbing of the band with the inside of the headband in the plastic area?
Sounds like an old pier...
I hope it doesn't go any further, I adjust them at the top and I don't think it will happen with larger heads.
They sound amazing both on ps5 and with music.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #2,781 of 4,462
Really enjoying the Maxwell for the Xbox. Only issue outside of the sidetone sound, is a static/crackle when I speak over discord (on Xbox).

Anyone found a solution to this yet? No static over standard game chat or Bluetooth. Seems to happen regardless if mic sound reduction is on or off.

Mar 29, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #2,786 of 4,462
Can anyone give feedback on their music playback prowess? Comparisons to other wireless cans?

I sold my Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless after I got these, if that tells you anything. They're the best closed-back wireless headphones I've ever heard (I prefer my Deva Pros, but they're open back, so that's a whole different ballgame).

They're excellent for music. The frequency response using the Audeze preset is pretty much perfectly balanced for my taste. Detail and resolution are good for this price. I have not auditioned any of the newer high end Bluetooth headphones like the Solitaire T, 5909, Focal Bathys, etc., so I can't speak on that. Those are a whole different price range, so you'd hope they have a bit of an edge (although the Amiron was originally closer to that price range, and they aren't better, so who knows). They'll blow away any sort of consumer oriented ANC Bluetooth headphones like XM5s for sound quality.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #2,787 of 4,462
Have any Xbox units been shipped to US dealerships or distributors yet? It's about to be April.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back