Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Dec 20, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #226 of 4,459
Just sold my Mobius. I will miss 3D sound, but wireless will let me actually use them as I mostly play games on my TV now, which is still connected to my PC but far away from it. Maxwell here I come :D

@Audeze if I order from an official retailer in Poland (TopHiFi) soon, will it still be the first batch or do I need to order from you directly?

Dec 21, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #228 of 4,459
@Audeze any idea when we might see reviews start coming through? I know some have them in hand but I assume there is a review embargo until a closer to final firmware is out?

I figure a nice thorough review is going to answer a lot of questions like how exactly the bt multipoint will function.

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #229 of 4,459
@Audeze

Hello, I am very interested in your Maxwell headphones.
Congratulations on your new product!
¡ I love Audeze !

Could you tell me when Maxwell will be released in Spain?

Can you tell me if Maxwell will go on pre-sale on Amazon Spain?

Thank you very much for your information and sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #230 of 4,459
Everyone, please refer to this page, before asking questions. It will keep redundant questions from being asked multiple times. It's also on the first page here, and the FAQ will be periodically updated as more common questions roll in.

Maxwell FAQ Page

We do not have any more information on shipping/availability. When we do, it will be posted on that page.

Pasted from the FAQ page:

When will Maxwell be available in ____ (insert international country)?

We expect Maxwell to be everywhere in January, however it is up to our distributors to place orders with us, meaning some of them may receive inventory before others. The one exception is China – which should see shipments in late Feb.

This includes Amazon, etc. Expect those international shipments to be available first for international dealers, Amazon after. Dealer list:

Official Audeze Dealer List

As for Reviews, we do not have a timeframe. Soon, is about all we have at this time. We are still working diligently on firmware/software, so it would not make much sense for reviewers to push out their thoughts at this time.

@Audeze

Can you confirm that all all Xbox Maxwell orders placed directly through you as of close of business on 12/19 will ship in the first batch?

Thanks

We anticipate having enough stock to fulfill most if not all existing orders worldwide. This may be subject to change of course. We have not received our shipment yet, so we can't provide a firm timeframe yet.

Once we have more info, please refer to the Maxwell FAQ page, which will be updated with the pertinent updates.

Last edited:
Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Dec 21, 2022 at 9:29 PM Post #231 of 4,459
Everyone, please refer to this page, before asking questions. It will keep redundant questions from being asked multiple times. It's also on the first page here, and the FAQ will be periodically updated as more common questions roll in.

Maxwell FAQ Page

We do not have any more information on shipping/availability. When we do, it will be posted on that page.

Pasted from the FAQ page:

When will Maxwell be available in ____ (insert international country)?

We expect Maxwell to be everywhere in January, however it is up to our distributors to place orders with us, meaning some of them may receive inventory before others. The one exception is China – which should see shipments in late Feb.

This includes Amazon, etc. Expect those international shipments to be available first for international dealers, Amazon after. Dealer list:

Official Audeze Dealer List

As for Reviews, we do not have a timeframe. Soon, is about all we have at this time. We are still working diligently on firmware/software, so it would not make much sense for reviewers to push out their thoughts at this time.

We anticipate having enough stock to fulfill most if not all existing orders worldwide. This may be subject to change of course. We have not received our shipment yet, so we can't provide a firm timeframe yet.

Once we have more info, please refer to the Maxwell FAQ page, which will be updated with the pertinent updates.
Do you guys know when you will get the first shipment?

Dec 22, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #233 of 4,459
Man this is going to be a hard choice. I'l be waiting for the reviews, if they are good i might save up for a pair. The convenience with wireless combined with great audio.. On the other hand i have been starting to save up for a pair of lcd-2 closed and a boom mic cable for when i want to game and chat in discord.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #235 of 4,459
They said this in the post you quoted.
Do you guys know when you will get the first shipment?
You asked this.
I saw a generalised month that they would ship I was wondering if they had a date yet when they would get their first shipment in. It’s all good though happy to wait was just curious
Generalized month is all they have, and when they have more, it will be posted on the FAQ page.

Dec 22, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #236 of 4,459
Man this is going to be a hard choice. I'l be waiting for the reviews, if they are good i might save up for a pair. The convenience with wireless combined with great audio.. On the other hand i have been starting to save up for a pair of lcd-2 closed and a boom mic cable for when i want to game and chat in discord.
The 2 headsets compete in two completely different leagues. The Maxwell is an upgrade to the Penrose, so if you picked the LCD-2 over the Penrose, you'll probably pick it over the Maxwell as well. Considering you picked the LCD-2, I imagine you have a use outside of gaming as well.

BTW you should also factor in a dac/amp to your math as the LCD-2 will likely need one.

Dec 22, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #237 of 4,459
The 2 headsets compete in two completely different leagues. The Maxwell is an upgrade to the Penrose, so if you picked the LCD-2 over the Penrose, you'll probably pick it over the Maxwell as well. Considering you picked the LCD-2, I imagine you have a use outside of gaming as well.

BTW you should also factor in a dac/amp to your math as the LCD-2 will likely need one.
Yeah I understand that they are made for completely different purposes. I already have a dac/amp, mostly use a pair of fostex t50 modded. But have been eyeing a new pair of headphones for a while and specifically a pair of audeze closed backs. It’s just that if I get these I’m not able to also get a pair of lcd. That’s why it’s a tough choice.

But we’ll see, maybe I can’t resist them.. the convenience of switching wireless between pc and my Xbox would be great.

Dec 22, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #239 of 4,459
I ordered the PS version but will be using it as my main headset for my PC as well. However my PC doesn't have a USB-C port on it.

Will using a USB-A to USB-C adapter work just fine for this? Is there any downgrade in doing this for PC usage?

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-CableCreation-Converter-Charging-Chargers/dp/B074V4QBS4?th=1

NskMMUo.png

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #240 of 4,459
Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back