Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Jan 24, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #4,276 of 4,444
Connected the dongle to my iPhone 15 Pro and the audio is distorted and full of static. I just subscribed to Amazon Music so I can listen in Dolby Atmos. Am I missing something, I have seen where audio is possible connected to the dongle from other people. I’m using the latest firmware.

Jan 24, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #4,277 of 4,444
Should the headset firmware be 1.0.1.51 after the firmware update?

Jan 24, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #4,278 of 4,444
Should the headset firmware be 1.0.1.51 after the firmware update?

Nevermind. I forgot it had to be done with USB cable...

Jan 24, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #4,279 of 4,444
The volume wheel sucks! It's unfortunate because the headset feels very premium overall but then every time you adjust the volume and it sounds like something's rattling around inside the cups and it's never smooth to adjust the volume to what you want.

Glad you like them though. There's probably not a better choice on the market now for wireless headphones for gaming/TV.

I really wish movie studios would bring 2.0 mixes back though. It sucks always having 5.1 downsampled.
Tnx for the answer 😊 Was wondering if my headset was defect.Totally agree.The wheel is really bad. And also, sometimes the sound is too loud. Yesterday i had problems setting the right volume. I turned on and off the headsett multiple times, to see if it could help. I also can adjust the volume on the fiio btr30. Too bad the btr30 also are not perfect. It can be an pain in the ass to connect headphones to it 😞

Just one question, when u choose an preset/equalizer on the v moda app like "rock". Is it then saved on the headset, if i use the headset with another devices?

Jan 24, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #4,282 of 4,444
Tnx for the answer 😊 Was wondering if my headset was defect.Totally agree.The wheel is really bad. And also, sometimes the sound is too loud. Yesterday i had problems setting the right volume. I turned on and off the headsett multiple times, to see if it could help. I also can adjust the volume on the fiio btr30. Too bad the btr30 also are not perfect. It can be an pain in the ass to connect headphones to it 😞

Just one question, when u choose an preset/equalizer on the v moda app like "rock". Is it then saved on the headset, if i use the headset with another devices?

Are you on the latest firmware? I seem to recall there being issues with the volume switching between devices on earlier firmwares.

As far as the presets, the presets you can set in Audeze's own app on mobile or PC do "stick" when you switch to another device. You can even change them from the headset itself by double clicking (I think) the volume knob and moving it up or down to cycle through them.

Third party EQ will only work within that app/device (depending) and won't apply universally.

You can also save custom EQ profiles through the Audeze app and save them onto the headset itself.

Jan 25, 2024 at 5:49 AM Post #4,283 of 4,444
Are you on the latest firmware? I seem to recall there being issues with the volume switching between devices on earlier firmwares.

As far as the presets, the presets you can set in Audeze's own app on mobile or PC do "stick" when you switch to another device. You can even change them from the headset itself by double clicking (I think) the volume knob and moving it up or down to cycle through them.

Third party EQ will only work within that app/device (depending) and won't apply universally.

You can also save custom EQ profiles through the Audeze app and save them onto the headset itself.
I updated them now. Earlier today i wouldnt get them connect properly to the fiio btr30. And when i managed, an extremely load and horrible sound came out of them. Was worrying that they got damaged. But they still work. But the fiio btr30 is maybe the cause here. Its an great product for using Bluetooth headphones to the tv with Ldac, but its too much bugs.

After the update, i now can change volume, but it also shifts songs. So still not easy to change volume 😞

Sorry about the v moda app question. I guess i was really tired yesterday 😂😂😂. It should have been posted in the v moda thread. Since i was wondering if the crossfade 3 headphones saves the eq preset in the headphone itself when changing it in the app.

Jan 25, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #4,284 of 4,444
EDIT: seems like a larger issue after reading more closely. I'd try to test with another device if you have access to any. Laptop, friend's computer etc.

Maybe try reinstalling USB firmware or seeing if there's an update available also?

OLD COPY:

Probably just needs to be repaired if I had to guess. Audeze posted instructions a while back in the thread.

Some updates require you to repair afterward.

Re-paired, I should say, to avoid confusion
It is actually defective USB dongle hardware. The USB device (the dongle) is simply not recognized by the PCs at all and can not be reseted. Re-pairing is thus not possible. Audeze support was super helpful and the dongle will be replaced.

Feb 2, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #4,288 of 4,444
How do you all hang the Maxwell? By the strap or headband?

I've been babying them because of their weight and all the QC reports but I have too many headphones now to keep putting them in their own box every time, lol.

Feb 6, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #4,289 of 4,444
Any way to disable the 2.4ghz RF on the Audeze Maxwell?

Even when my Audeze Maxwell's are in bluetooth / wired mode this headset seems to be giving full power to the RF and they're putting out an absolute ton of RF radiation. A bit surprised to see RF radiation levels this high on something intended to be used on your head.

I like the sound so I'm trying to find out whether it's possible to get the radiation profile back down to earth. Not thinking I can make them emf free or anything extreme like that, just hoping to get the radiation profile down into a range comparable to other comparably priced bluetooth headsets like the XM5 / M4 / QC Ultra.

Feb 6, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #4,290 of 4,444
Back on January 16th I had the right driver fail on my Maxwell, so I emailed Audeze. They responded the next day and requested that I ship them my Maxwell. I received notice early last week that I would receive a replacement unit. It arrived today. Works great. So three weeks to the day after I had the issue, I have a new set (unused, brand new set in sealed box) in my hands. I would say that is pretty excellent customer service. Only cost me about $14 for insured, signature required, ground shipping via UPS. Thank you @Audeze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back