Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 4, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #1,981 of 4,444
Is there a way to know exactly what volume level Maxwell is on for console? For example can I set the volume on my Max with the app then switch to PS5? Seems like a guessing game otherwise with the wheel. I wish the iOS app was working similar to Sound Blaster where one can adjust volume w/ the app.
The headset beeps when you set the wheel to maximum, no?

But yes we should probably be able to see volume level on the app. I think the mobile app does not yet work for Maxwell, though.

Mar 4, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #1,984 of 4,444
how do you update it? i was able to update the headphones and it made a difference in sound for me. would like to update the dongle if there’s one.
Plug the dongle into computer and connect the headset through the dongle then open the app then settings and it will say update dongle firmware

Mar 4, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #1,985 of 4,444
Everything updated however at the end it noted an error that the dongle wasn’t updated but it’s showing the latest update (shrug). Played one round of COD don’t really notice a difference but they still sound great. I have to review the patch notes which I believe are listed in the email Audeze. It’s nice Audeze sends out an email firmware notification.

“Canceled : Amplifier gain limit”
Does this mean volume increase is possible?

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #1,986 of 4,444
Plug the dongle into computer and connect the headset through the dongle then open the app then settings and it will say update dongle firmware
I'm not seeing that option anywhere. I connect to the dongle first, have the headset on, then plug it in to my PC through USB, open the Audeze app and only see that the headset is at the latest firmware. Does it show your dongle in the app?

LoCFwVF.png

Mar 4, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #1,987 of 4,444
I'm not seeing that option anywhere. I connect to the dongle first, have the headset on, then plug it in to my PC through USB, open the Audeze app and only see that the headset is at the latest firmware. Does it show your dongle in the app?

LoCFwVF.png
Have you set the dongle to pc mode? and are you using the cable adapter for the dongle?

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #1,988 of 4,444
Everything updated however at the end it noted an error that the dongle wasn’t updated but it’s showing the latest update (shrug). Played one round of COD don’t really notice a difference but they still sound great. I have to review the patch notes which I believe are listed in the email Audeze. It’s nice Audeze sends out an email firmware notification.

“Canceled : Amplifier gain limit”
Does this mean volume increase is possible?
Yea happened with me It seemed louder at full volume I need to test the decibel range though.

Mar 4, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #1,990 of 4,444
I have it set to PC but I'm using a USB A to USB C adapter. Maybe that's what stopping it from connecting to update? Hope they have a work around if so since not everyone has a USB-C port on their PC.
No I used the adapter too but it didn’t work till I connected the headset to the dongle while it’s plugged into laptop/computer

Mar 4, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #1,993 of 4,444
Funny. I asked LDLC about my December preorder on the same day you posted this and they told me that they are expecting to receive some stock on Thurs. the 2nd (that's tomorrow).
Maybe that date on the site is for a second batch? Fingers crossed.
Tbh Im kinda disappointed of LDLC. Especially of the lack of information and lack of updates. I preordered, its marked as sold out on their website now and I have no idea what that means for my preorder. Is there an European customer (exluding UK) that has received their Maxwell yet?

Mar 4, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #1,995 of 4,444
Tbh Im kinda disappointed of LDLC. Especially of the lack of information and lack of updates. I preordered, its marked as sold out on their website now and I have no idea what that means for my preorder. Is there an European customer (exluding UK) that has received their Maxwell yet?
No we in the UK are a special bunch...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back