Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Feb 21, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #1,487 of 4,456
Talked to a local dealer and put my name down for a PS5 unit, should get it next week. Lets get the hype train rollin boys and girls.

Edit: Just watched GadgetryTech's video and I gotta say I am pleasantly surprised by how good the cans turned out in the end. I was looking for an allrounder and this is it chief.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #1,488 of 4,456
you have a pc don’t you? Best way to achieve it until it releases there later. You can select the presets installed but if in android only you’d have to wait.
If you select presets or other settings via software are they retained in the headset when software is not in use?

Feb 21, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #1,490 of 4,456
Whenever anyone has time to skip a couple Netflix shows, I just uploaded my review. It's incredibly long (~38min), but I added chapters for convenience. The mic performance with Filter technology is insane. If you only have 2 minutes to spare, just watch the mic chapter! Sorry for the length (my original video was past an hour so I re-filmed). Hope you find it helpful!

Feb 21, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #1,492 of 4,456
how is the volume control on the Maxwell in 2.4 and bluetooth modes? Penrose was very tricky for me as volume jumped a lot in between clicks, is it more precise this time around?
Maxwell controls the OS volume now, both Mac and Windows included. The steps are very smooth.

Feb 21, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #1,493 of 4,456
Please refer to the FAQ:

https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/11454018172173

Is the Aux/3.5mm connection passive? Will it work like a normal headset without the unit being powered on?

Maxwell, like the Penrose and Mobius, requires power as it is an active headset on all connection types. Like those headsets, Maxwell utilizes an internal DSP and houses a balanced amplifier for each driver. We suggest common sense in what you plug the Maxwell into with a 3.5mm/aux cable. If you use an amplifier and don’t set the volume accordingly, you can overcharge the circuitry inside the headset. It is highly recommended you either bypass using amplifiers, or set the volume very low and adjust up until you achieve a good balance between the Maxwell’s volume control, and your source gear. Using external amplifiers may be detrimental to sound quality and potentially add more noise and distortion.

Basically, you're not going to get improvement by using AUX with a dac/amp. The best connections are Dongle and USB.

Please do not disassemble the Maxwell. Quick way to void your warranty, and it will not work that way. It requires power to work in ANY connection, period.
Thank you, i was gonna say "i hope audeze is paying you for all the help you are giving" and then i saw the sponsored in your profile :D

Feb 21, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #1,494 of 4,456
Whenever anyone has time to skip a couple Netflix shows, I just uploaded my review. It's incredibly long (~38min), but I added chapters for convenience. The mic performance with Filter technology is insane. If you only have 2 minutes to spare, just watch the mic chapter! Sorry for the length (my original video was past an hour so I re-filmed). Hope you find it helpful!

Just got home, got my snacks and drinks ready LFG

Feb 21, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #1,495 of 4,456

Thank You for this 💜

Feb 21, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #1,496 of 4,456

Great video! I’m impressed how it felt like a fully edited video that covered everything needed.

Feb 21, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #1,497 of 4,456

. The rest sounds promising but for me 30:56 isn't good and is very concerning.

Will be interesting to see what Audeze have to say about this but if L/R balance is because of say circuitry in one ear and battery in another they should've dialled that out.
e.g. on Penrose you can see additional holes in the cupoftge right ear not in the left that I presume is for tuning reasons.can you see similar on the Maxwell?
You mentioned attempting to EQ in another video but if EQ like Penrose left and right aren't individually adjustable and I wouldn't want to try to EQ an imbalance like that without measuring equipment anyway.

Thanks for the review

Chris

Feb 21, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #1,499 of 4,456
. The rest sounds promising but for me 30:56 isn't good and is very concerning.

Will be interesting to see what Audeze have to say about this but if L/R balance is because of say circuitry in one ear and battery in another they should've dialled that out.
e.g. on Penrose you can see additional holes in the cupoftge right ear not in the left that I presume is for tuning reasons.can you see similar on the Maxwell?
You mentioned attempting to EQ in another video but if EQ like Penrose left and right aren't individually adjustable and I wouldn't want to try to EQ an imbalance like that without measuring equipment anyway.

Thanks for the review

Chris
Thanks. Positioning on the rig/ear makes a big difference but I tried over a dozen measurements and had a similar result. It’s fairly minor, and I’m only mentioning this because the Maxwell excelled in so many other areas. There is a chance it’s specific to my unit, which is fine, but I didn’t want to not mention my findings.

Feb 21, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #1,500 of 4,456
Thanks. Positioning on the rig/ear makes a big difference but I tried over a dozen measurements and had a similar result. It’s fairly minor, and I’m only mentioning this because the Maxwell excelled in so many other areas. There is a chance it’s specific to my unit, which is fine, but I didn’t want to not mention my findings.

Hope the matching thing won't be an issue on my unit, this is my first time buying anything Audeze hopefully the QC is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back