Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Dec 9, 2022 at 8:38 PM Post #77 of 4,444
Is there any confirmation on simultaneous attack between sources?

Example:

Wired + bt?
Wireless + bt?
Wireless + wired?
Usb + wired?
Wireless + bt + wired (for the madman)?

They dodged an earlier question from me about it so I’m thinking it might not do simultaneous audio sources. Which imho would be a step backwards.

Dec 9, 2022 at 11:54 PM Post #78 of 4,444
Is there any confirmation on simultaneous playback between sources?

Example:

Wired + bt?
Wireless + bt?
Wireless + wired?
Usb + bt?
Usb + wired?
Wireless + bt + wired (for the madman)?
No. Maxwell cannot do simultaneous playback + mixing between BT and USB/Analog/USB-Dongle.
The USB Dongle has two end points in PC mode and can mix between them.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Dec 10, 2022 at 12:02 AM Post #79 of 4,444
It will work in the same way Penrose X works on PS5. However as stated a few posts ago, PS version will be tuned to work more efficiently on PS5, meaning better volume levels, leading to less distortion, better tuning, etc.
1. Unlike the Penrose, Maxwell WILL have differences, in which you will need to pair PS headset with PS dongle, Xbox headset with Xbox dongle. You cannot change between them, and buying a dongle for the wrong headset means you have a wasted dongle.

I am confused by these answers. I understand that I can not pair a PS5 Maxwell to an Xbox Dongle (vice/versa), but will I be able to plug in a PS5 Maxwell + Ps5 Dongle into an Xbox or an Xbox Maxwell + Xbox Dongle into a PS5?

Is there any possible way to buy 1 Maxwell headset and have used on both Xbox and PS5?

Dec 10, 2022 at 1:31 AM Post #84 of 4,444
Xbox recently integrated Discord so you can join on the console and not need the phone. I think Playstation is doing the same soon.
It's not just discord though, there are other methods or reason simultaneous can be make or break for some.

One example could be local music playback while playing a game if one doesn't want to use Spotify on the Xbox or PlayStation. Or maybe one just likes listening to a podcast?

For me I actually used it for work and had it connected to laptop via dongle but connected to my phone with BT. Multipoint isn't always the best solution.

The Penrose has this feature locked down, releasing a successor while removing one of its prime features is a significant loss. Understandably not a loss for everyone though of course, but this legitimately may stop me from purchasing them

Dec 10, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #85 of 4,444
It's not just discord though, there are other methods or reason simultaneous can be make or break for some.

One example could be local music playback while playing a game if one doesn't want to use Spotify on the Xbox or PlayStation. Or maybe one just likes listening to a podcast?

For me I actually used it for work and had it connected to laptop via dongle but connected to my phone with BT. Multipoint isn't always the best solution.

The Penrose has this feature locked down, releasing a successor while removing one of its prime features is a significant loss. Understandably not a loss for everyone though of course, but this legitimately may stop me from purchasing them
This single feature is what made me buy the penrose and now they nuked it. They even compare the maxwell to the steelseries arctis nova pro wireless - which does simultaneos bt+wireless.
@Audeze is there any chance of enabling it via update?

Dec 10, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #86 of 4,444
Maxwell Wireless Gaming Headset

INTRODUCING MAXWELL​

After years of relentless innovation building the world's best wireless gaming headset, Audeze presents Maxwell, designed from the ground up for serious gamers. Sound quality, wireless performance, and battery life are all pushed to new extremes, along with the latest spatial audio features and multi-platform compatibility.​
  • 80hr+ Battery Life with Fast Charging
  • Ultra-low Latency Wireless with 3X Range of Traditional 2.4Ghz
  • First-in-Class Bluetooth 5.3 supports LE Audio, LC3plus, LDAC
  • Class-Leading High-Resolution Audio up to 24-bit/96kHz
  • Embedded Dolby Atmos® License (XBox version only)
  • All-New Reinforced Chassis built with Aluminum and Steel
  • FILTER™ Noise Reducing Microphones for Clear Commuications
  • Award-winning Audeze 90mm Planar Magnetic Drivers

Maxwell for Playstation is $299 and Maxwell for Xbox is $329. First shipments of Maxwell are expected in January. Reserve yours now.

SHOP NOW
Too sad. What about PS5 users?

Dec 10, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #87 of 4,444
Too sad. What about PS5 users?

PS5 does not support Atmos processing at this time, so there is no such thing as an Atmos license for PS5.

If Sony were to add support, then you'd probably have to pay a fee to purchase the license. That's what you do on Xbox if you don't have an embedded license.

Dec 10, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #88 of 4,444
Areas where I'm hoping for improvement:
  • With Penrose, the frequency response of the mic is noticeably compressed in wireless mode compared to wired.
  • Noise floor for the earphones is also pretty noticeable when not playing anything.
  • Perhaps related to noise floor, a feedback issue where you occasionally get a sound like swirling wind
My biggest issue was with the comfort of the headstrap, but that's clearly different in the new design and hopefully improved.

Also, maybe don't put a constantly blinking LED on the dongle. Yeah, this one is easily rectified with a piece of electrical tape, but it baffles me as a design decision.

Not being able to play bt + usb dongle is a big step back
Does this mean i cant have my Phone Connected via Bluetooth and Chat in my Discord Voice Channel whilst still hearing the Game Audio like i do o my Penrose X ?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back