Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Jan 18, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #632 of 4,459
Daaaamn... I wasn't ready for PTSD... Cyberpunk developer here. Working on it for more than 6y now. It was tough and I agree with you lunch was bad but I hope you enjoy it more after all the updates and I believe you will even more in the future!

@Mad Lust Envy Thanks for your reply!
I LOVE Cyberpunk. One of my fave games of all time, and I can't wait for the Liberty DLC and DLSS3.

1674075446758.png

I mainly brought out Cyberpunk, because it's the most well known instance of this. I played on release and actually didn't encounter many issues on PC. Mostly funny ones that weren't game breaking.

Speaking of, when's DLSS3/Psycho RT? That was supposed to come out ages ago! :p I got a 4090 in anticipation! I check steam daily for 'Update' to pop up on the listing. XD

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #633 of 4,459
Understandable, but that's the nature of pre-orders. There can be changes due to unforeseen issues, or delays sometimes in, sometimes outside of our control, etc. We can always strive for targets, but the world doesn't usually make it easy to have a 100% perfect rate in hitting targets.

I myself am waiting for a QD-OLED monitor that was supposed to launch last year, and now it's likely to come out in the middle of this year. Sometimes, logistics just plays us all, lol. Personally speaking here. Samsung, I want my Odyssey G8! :p

I'm DYING HERE. But I know patience is a virtue.
Another example is Bethesda's Starfield that was supposed to release in November 2022, but now is first half of 2023. The delay was to make sure the game is 100% ready rather than release it with several bugs.

Jan 18, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #635 of 4,459
I LOVE Cyberpunk. One of my fave games of all time, and I can't wait for the Liberty DLC and DLSS3.

Speaking of, when's DLSS3/Psycho RT? That was supposed to come out ages ago! :p I got a 4090 in anticipation!
Hahaha glad you liked it! I was responsible for some of the assets as an Environment Artist :wink: as for the DLC I'm sure you will love it too!

As for the second question, I sadly can't answer that but I believe it will be worth a wait too.

Jan 18, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #636 of 4,459
Another example is Bethesda's Starfield that was supposed to release in November 2022, but now is first half of 2023. The delay was to make sure the game is 100% ready rather than release it with several bugs.
I'm not much of a Bethesda game fan, but this one looks really interesting. I definitely would rather any and every game release when it's 100% ready even if it's years.

Hollow Knight Silksong comes to mind lol.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #637 of 4,459
Hahaha glad you liked it! I was responsible for some of the assets as an Environment Artist :wink: as for the DLC I'm sure you will love it too!

As for the second question, I sadly can't answer that but I believe it will be worth a wait too.
Whose decision was it at cd projekt red to hide the console gameplay like that and to send out the yellow chairs to buy the reviewers. 😂😂

Jan 18, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #639 of 4,459
The point is that it's better to have things well and ready before being released. That is all. You can take it as you will. That's my 2 cents as an individual, not as a rep.

On my end, I've been enjoying Maxwell for awhile now, and I can't wait to for you guys to experience it for yourselves. I've put a lot of myself into it as well. Some QoL things if you've come from Mobius or Penrose. :)

I'll give you a good example: Functions that require a press or double of the two wheels like the EQ presets (which is double press of the top/volume wheel), will provide voice prompts letting you know you're in the EQ setting, and after you've finished adjusting, after a few seconds you'll hear a subtle audio tone, which lets you know you're back to the default wheel action (in the case of the top wheel, it reverts to Volume Adjust). Things like that were decisions I helped make. So I'm hoping you guys find the user experience to be much improved. It reflects on me.
This sounds like a great improvement from the Penrose. Would you be able to elaborate on exactly how it works? If I want to change eq I’d hold the wheel and after the prompt do I then scroll the wheel up/down to cycle through the presets? Does it have an audio cue for each preset number? And finally, are you able to name the presets using the HQ app?
Thanks for your time

Jan 18, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #640 of 4,459
This sounds like a great improvement from the Penrose. Would you be able to elaborate on exactly how it works? If I want to change eq I’d hold the wheel and after the prompt do I then scroll the wheel up/down to cycle through the presets? Does it have an audio cue for each preset number? And finally, are you able to name the presets using the HQ app?
Thanks for your time
You don't need to hold the wheel.

For EQ, you double press the wheel inwards, and the voice prompt will say 'EQ". Then as you adjust up/down, the voice will mention which EQ preset you're in.

Audeze
Alternate,
etc, etc,
up to the last 4 being Preset 1-4 (the user configurable ones).

Once you made your selection, after a few seconds you'll hear a subtle beep, which means you're back to the normal volume adjust.

Any adjustment where you have to press either wheel in gives you about 5 seconds to make an adjustment. If you make an adjustment at that time, the 5 seconds refreshes. After 5 seconds of not doing any adjustment, you'll hear the beep meaning you're back to Volume control on top wheel, and Game/Chat balance on bottom wheel.

Note that Game/Chat balance is only for Xbox and PC. Unfortunately, due to proprietary Sony reasons, we can't incorporate it on Playstation.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #641 of 4,459
You don't need to hold the wheel.

For EQ, you double press the wheel inwards, and the voice prompt will say 'EQ". Then as you adjust up/down, the voice will mention which EQ preset you're in.

Audeze
Alternate,
etc, etc,
up to the last 4 being Preset 1-4 (the user configurable ones).

Once you made your selection, after a few seconds you'll hear a subtle beep, which means you're back to the normal volume adjust.

Any adjustment where you have to press either wheel in gives you about 5 seconds to make an adjustment. If you make an adjustment at that time, the 5 seconds refreshes. After 5 seconds of not doing any adjustment, you'll hear the beep meaning you're back to Volume control on top wheel, and Game/Chat balance on bottom wheel.

Note that Game/Chat balance is only for Xbox and PC. Unfortunately, due to proprietary Sony reasons, we can't incorporate it on Playstation.
That sounds perfect!

Jan 18, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #642 of 4,459
Hi all, we have an update to provide for shipment times:

We now have Maxwell units in our SoCal warehouse, and are making some changes to optimize the firmware.

Playstation: Once the firmware is updated, we’ll ship the PS units immediately worldwide (this means international dealers/distributors as well). We hope this will be in just a few weeks.

Xbox: We have to wait for Microsoft’s certification before we can ship. Unfortunately, we have no control over this process, and we have no idea how long this will take.

Be assured we will ship every Maxwell order as soon as we can. We're excited to get this product into our customers' hands, but we need to know you'll have a good experience with it (and get Microsoft's blessing for the Xbox units).

No further info is available at this time.

Maxwell shipping dates will be updated on its Product Page (below add to cart).

Shipment info will also be available and updated on the Maxwell FAQ Page.

Last edited:
Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jan 18, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #644 of 4,459
Hi all, we have an update to provide for shipment times:

We now have Maxwell units in our SoCal warehouse, and are making some changes to optimize the firmware.

Playstation: Once the firmware is updated, we’ll ship the PS units immediately worldwide (this means international dealers/distributors as well). We hope this will be in just a few weeks.

Xbox: We have to wait for Microsoft’s certification before we can ship. Unfortunately, we have no control over this process, and we have no idea how long this will take.

Be assured we will ship every Maxwell order as soon as we can. We're excited to get this product into our customers' hands, but we need to know you'll have a good experience with it (and get Microsoft's blessing for the Xbox units).

No further info is available at this time.

Maxwell shipping dates will be updated on its Product Page (below add to cart).

Shipment info will also be available and updated on the Maxwell FAQ Page.
So not in January more like February then. I am happy to get this information.

That sounds grim for Xbox orders 😂😂
I mean tbey said "few weeks" for Playstation headset. Regardless getting information is a good things.

Jan 18, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #645 of 4,459
I'm not much of a Bethesda game fan, but this one looks really interesting. I definitely would rather any and every game release when it's 100% ready even if it's years.

Hollow Knight Silksong comes to mind lol.
Will the current EQ's for the Penrose be optimised for the Maxwell?. There are 6 pre defined ones isn't there? 2 are default and alternate what about the other 4?. You mentioned like the Mobius so are we talking Footsteps, Ballistics and RPG?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back