Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Jan 18, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #620 of 4,459
Not got one ordered, but keeping a close eye, and HifiHeadphones (official main UK distributor) and now Scan UK have no release date at all, just the ability to pre-order, so it's not looking too hot for an imminent launch.
I'm keeping watch also - think it was mentioned that Audeze estimated shipping would be last Jan now - I'm not expecting to get one here in the UK until mid Feb earliest now sadly (and to be honest may have to wait until the 2nd batch which is going to be closer to April here).

Says 28th January on scan
For the Xbox version - for the PS version says 'overdue since the 15th Jan'.

As mentioned before - those dates are just what Scan have been told to expect from the supplier so based on the PS date being totally wrong, doesn't fill me with any confidence whatsoever!

Jan 18, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #621 of 4,459
For the Xbox version - for the PS version says 'overdue since the 15th Jan'.

As mentioned before - those dates are just what Scan have been told to expect from the supplier so based on the PS date being totally wrong, doesn't fill me with any confidence whatsoever!
Yes the ps version said the 15th January but when that passed they removed it the 28th was added later.

Jan 18, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #624 of 4,459
Not got one ordered, but keeping a close eye, and HifiHeadphones (official main UK distributor) and now Scan UK have no release date at all, just the ability to pre-order, so it's not looking too hot for an imminent launch.
Spoke with hifiheadphones and they said they had no idea at the moment of a release date

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #625 of 4,459
Can I be candid with you guys? I can be candid, or I can be CS MLE.

We'll provide an update on the webpage/FAQ when we have one ready. All this guesswork will have you guys run around in circles and lead to more questions, and zero answers.

I understand the hype and impatience, but please be patient. We're absolutely working to Maxwell out when we're ready.

If Cyberpunk was anything to go by, it's always best to wait when things are ready rather than pressure a release and then get upset when things aren't at 100%

That's all I will say for now.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #626 of 4,459

We'll provide an update on the webpage/FAQ when we have one ready. All this guesswork will have you guys run around in circles and lead to more questions, and zero answers.

I understand the hype and impatience, but please be patient. We're absolutely working to Maxwell out when we're ready.

If Cyberpunk was anything to go by, it's always best to wait when things are ready rather than pressure a release and then get upset when things aren't at 100%

I don’t think comparing the headset to a disaster case like cyberpunk is the best reassurance for the people who already bought 😂😂

Jan 18, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #627 of 4,459
I don’t think comparing the headset to a disaster case like cyberpunk is the best reassurance for the people who already bought 😂😂
The point is that it's better to have things well and ready before being released. That is all. You can take it as you will. That's my 2 cents as an individual, not as a rep.

On my end, I've been enjoying Maxwell for awhile now, and I can't wait to for you guys to experience it for yourselves. I've put a lot of myself into it as well. Some QoL things if you've come from Mobius or Penrose. :)

I'll give you a good example: Functions that require a press or double of the two wheels like the EQ presets (which is double press of the top/volume wheel), will provide voice prompts letting you know you're in the EQ setting, and after you've finished adjusting, after a few seconds you'll hear a subtle audio tone, which lets you know you're back to the default wheel action (in the case of the top wheel, it reverts to Volume Adjust). Things like that were decisions I helped make. So I'm hoping you guys find the user experience to be much improved. It reflects on me.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #628 of 4,459

Cyberpunk announced their game years before they should of and on OG Xbox and Playstation 4 that they had to know couldn't handle it but still released it on them. Cyberpunk also over promises things too.

But I do agree with you in the end. Rushing something will be dumb to do. Thank You ❤

Jan 18, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #629 of 4,459
Can’t wait for it to be ready - absolutely want a product as ready as it can be rather than rushed out the door. Just wish Audeze were a little less ambitious or perhaps more realistic with their initial release date predictions.

I guess people are bound to get impatient when paying for something and then possibly not receiving it for another 3 months or so?

Fingers crossed it’s not too much longer now.

Jan 18, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #630 of 4,459
Can’t wait for it to be ready - absolutely want a product as ready as it can be rather than rushed out the door. Just wish Audeze were a little less ambitious or perhaps more realistic with their initial release date predictions.

I guess people are bound to get impatient when paying for something and then possibly not receiving it for another 3 months or so?

Fingers crossed it’s not too much longer now.
Understandable, but that's the nature of pre-orders. There can be changes due to unforeseen issues, or delays sometimes in, sometimes outside of our control, etc. We can always strive for targets, but the world doesn't usually make it easy to have a 100% perfect rate in hitting targets.

I myself am waiting for a QD-OLED monitor that was supposed to launch last year, and now it's likely to come out in the middle of this year. Sometimes, logistics just plays us all, lol. Personally speaking here. Samsung, I want my Odyssey G8! :p

I'm DYING HERE. But I know patience is a virtue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back