Audeze mobius?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #106 of 122
Hmm, so I pulled the trigger. Love me some good spatial sound in gaming when in sims and with VR what they're harking sounds good to me. (The potential to be a better sound whore also doesn't hurt xD) I switched to the newer creative software based eax and its just not very impressive.

I'm familiar with Audeze but never actually owned any of their products. Any ideas on what could be most similar to this in an existing product I could demo out? I see people comparing it to the LCD-2 and LCD-X.

Mar 14, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #107 of 122
Heh.

Indiegogo Goal: $50,000

Not even 24 hours in with a month left to go, amount raised: $313,281 by 1219 backers.

Woof.

Mar 14, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #108 of 122
I have done work on nearly a dozen crowdfunding projects in the past and backed quite a few personally.

One bad experience can really taint the whole experience overall, people can sometimes promise too much and under deliver if sometimes they just don't plain deliver at all. Things and life get in the way, being a backer is being an investor and investors getting burned all the time.

That being said, I don't blame kickstarter or indiegogo for the issues.the project creators cause. Audeze is going to bat for the first time with a crowdfunding project with the Mobius. Could they run into roadblocks by doing a project of this size just because of unforeseen things to come? Possible. But Audeze is already doing scale by being in Apple stores/Magnolia all across the country and even the world. Scaling up or down always seems to hit issues such as Tesla with the Model 3.

Audeze did an indiegogo campaign for their amp a few years ago

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #110 of 122
Actually, a flexible adjustable mic like they are using is the best possible scenario, as it allows the user to position the mic as optimally as possible with respect to angle and distance for the best sound quality. A built-in fixed position mic allows no such adjustments. Mics on headsets have been standard for ages know. How is it "funny looking"? It's the norm.

There are additional reasons why it is better to have a boom mic: you can put a directional mic in there, so external noise is attenuated relative to the user's voice. This will help a lot on conference calls, and phone calls in noisy environments. I think they will also add some omnidirectional mics in the headset so it still has (reduced) functionality. Having both options is the way to go. Then you can leave the boom at your gaming/work desk, but still answer calls.

Mar 15, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #111 of 122
There are additional reasons why it is better to have a boom mic: you can put a directional mic in there, so external noise is attenuated relative to the user's voice. This will help a lot on conference calls, and phone calls in noisy environments. I think they will also add some omnidirectional mics in the headset so it still has (reduced) functionality. Having both options is the way to go. Then you can leave the boom at your gaming/work desk, but still answer calls.
YEP. that's what i meant. both mic in the headphones AND with boon.

walking around on the street with the boon is kinda dorky!

Mar 22, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #113 of 122
I suppose you can still use an analog amp with the AUX output right?, I don't care if signal gets double amped (in fact DigiZoid ZO was designed that way), I just want to know if it works thanks.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #114 of 122
Ok so serious question: what makes these new technology-packed 100mm driver headphones that "sound like punchier LCD-2 and LCD-X" cost $400 MSRP, $200+ on indiegogo... As opposed to LCD-2 costing $1000, and LCD-X costing $1700? So we can expect a sound close to their $1000-1800 headphones in a $400 package WITH added built in amplifier, bluetooth wireless option, microphone, and other bells and whistles? I don't mean to be a negative Nancy--I want to hope these will be great music headphones too, but I'm worried about only 10-hr battery life for music and also the fact that these headphones are priced so low by the same company who makes $1600 headphones and previously had the SINE at $450/500 and SINE DX at $600 without all the extra features. Something has to give to tick all those spec boxes at that price.

I think the LCD-X has higher tolerances for what they're willing to put in the headphones (matched drivers, etc), which probably results in a bit of rejected material. The smaller size of the drivers in this, combined with DSP correction for flaws can mean a better sound for a much lower price. It's just an engineering trade-off.

Apr 13, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #116 of 122
Just ordered a pair of these in blue, can't wait til they get here! I recently got a pair of the iSine LX and am enjoying them very much with the various eq solutions for non cipher users. Having the cipher built into these phones will make gaming / listening much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back