Audeze - MM-Series - MM-500
Nov 20, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #361 of 369
I notice how little people talk about this headphone.

Recently I got it and really enjoy it. Due to its really low power requirement characteristic, I just run it with my Apple or questyle dongle and I get a enjoyable sound.

The only thing I notice is the bass dont slam quite deep, but it’s also the same thing I felt with with the lcd 5 and I’m not into the affair of EQ. Other than that I enjoyed the sound a lot . I think it’s not often you get good quality sound that’s easy to drive especially for planar.
I sold mine about two months into ownership as well because of similar reasons. I vastly prefer the older Audeze House sound where sub bass is a standout feature. I find both the LCD5 as well as MM-500 to be way too forward in the mids with not enough extension in both the lows and highs. I understand the MM-500 needs to be tuned that way for a mixing/mastering tool but I'd way rather have my LCD4 or LCDX 2021 than either of the newer models.

Nov 20, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #362 of 369
Greetings all,

Does anyone have a spare MM-500 headband they would be willing to sell? I am looking for one for my LCD-5; Audeze will not sell me one directly.

Nov 20, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #364 of 369
We do not have spring steel headbands readily available for general sale for the new style of headphones. And the current headbands are specifically made for the MM-500 including having its logo (we do not mix and match parts from other models, hence why someone asking for say, an LCD-X grill for the XC is not possible.)

We will pass along the desire to have a spring steel headband for the LCD-5.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
May 14, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #366 of 369
I am about to order an Audeze MM-500 B stock ('new' condition, but a customer who has returned the product).

One thing I am worrying about is how feasible is it with these returned products that someone could have bought both an MM 100 and an MM 500, then swapped the MM 500 driver into the MM 100, then returned the MM 500 (with the MM 100 driver now inside it) and kept the MM 100 with the MM 500 drivers and therefore essentially obtained an MM 500 for 1/4 of the price? The drivers are the same size and almost the exact same sensitivity (and are meant to sound pretty similar too) so it would be very difficult to tell...

And this would then leave some unknowing schmuck like me to later buy the MM 500 with the MM 100 drivers inside it and therefore buy essentially an MM 100 for 4x the price?

May 15, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #367 of 369
I am about to order an Audeze MM-500 B stock ('new' condition, but a customer who has returned the product).

One thing I am worrying about is how feasible is it with these returned products that someone could have bought both an MM 100 and an MM 500, then swapped the MM 500 driver into the MM 100, then returned the MM 500 (with the MM 100 driver now inside it) and kept the MM 100 with the MM 500 drivers and therefore essentially obtained an MM 500 for 1/4 of the price? The drivers are the same size and almost the exact same sensitivity (and are meant to sound pretty similar too) so it would be very difficult to tell...

And this would then leave some unknowing schmuck like me to later buy the MM 500 with the MM 100 drivers inside it and therefore buy essentially an MM 100 for 4x the price?
It's not the same driver. Completely different headphones in every regard.

May 17, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #369 of 369
I thought the drivers are both 90mm and within 2dB sensitivity of each other?
That's irrelevant to them being totally different drivers, made for totally different headphones. Perhaps check out the Audeze website for official information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back