Audeze - MM-Series - MM-500
Aug 24, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #166 of 365
So to get back to the topic of the mm-500, but on the same subject of bass 😉. To anyone who actually owns the MM-500, how is the overall bass performance after eq to the bass shelf? Is the impact and slam with no audible distortion at least on par with an eq’d lcd-x?

Aug 25, 2022 at 12:29 AM Post #167 of 365
Surprised nobody mentioned Beats by Dr. Dre. :laughing:
Pair of Beats walks into a bar. Bartender says "we don't serve your kind here". Beats replies, "Hey, I'm not here for any treble". :beyersmile:

Aug 26, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #169 of 365
So to get back to the topic of the mm-500, but on the same subject of bass 😉. To anyone who actually owns the MM-500, how is the overall bass performance after eq to the bass shelf? Is the impact and slam with no audible distortion at least on par with an eq’d lcd-x?
The slam with a 3.5 db low end shelf lift is amazing. It's extremely stable, coherent , and accurate all while giving you that raw, visceral excitement that you want from it.

Aug 26, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #171 of 365
Nobody talks about these anymore, anywhere, here, reddit, other headphone forums.
Why such cold reception?
Perhaps it's because outside of a few initial batches, we haven't shipped out the vast majority of orders yet. That's all happening within these next few weeks. Dealers/distributors are still receiving units as well.

That, and this isn't a flagship product, which is usually where all the headfi hype tends to revolve around.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #173 of 365
Checking Amazon US every day and they always seem in stock. 🤷‍♂️
Not everyone buys from Amazon? Most people like to direct buy from us as well as use our dealer network internationally.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #174 of 365
And here it starts.
Yeah. Really not a good sign. I've seen three units up for sale second hand in the past two days and two of them are still available.

I've said this a few times before but Audeze tuned these specifically to be a studio tool so we might not see the audiophile community embrace these. That might be okay if Audeze is targeting a different demographic.

As soon as I saw the graphs, watched Resolves review and heard early impressions I knew they weren't for me. I don't like the LCD5's tuning at all and these are basically that but with less technical capabilities.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #175 of 365
The only negative experience I have had so far with these phones are the clamp fatigue. At first, it was ok, but over time its taken a toll on my ears, where they feel extremely sensitive to touch and irritated after about a 10-15 min session.

Aug 28, 2022 at 12:26 AM Post #176 of 365
Greetings all. So I've had the MM-500 for a couple of days now..in fact it's my first Audeze period. I have a slight concern with the pads on these. I believe I saw somewhere that you don't really do pad swaps with Audeze (and if I'm wrong on that please correct me), so the wearing of them worries me. I have oily skin and I tend to stay away from headphones that tend to stain too easily (looking at you Focal fenestrated pads). The leather pads on the MM-500 is very nice and plush, but also seems as though they will pick up staining over time. If this is the case, any recommended way to clean them to prevent this from happening? Also beings that they are pretty clampy, that seems to make them act like a sponge for oil. Not to be gross at all ha! Just stating facts.

Aug 29, 2022 at 5:12 AM Post #177 of 365
Greetings all. So I've had the MM-500 for a couple of days now..in fact it's my first Audeze period. I have a slight concern with the pads on these. I believe I saw somewhere that you don't really do pad swaps with Audeze (and if I'm wrong on that please correct me), so the wearing of them worries me. I have oily skin and I tend to stay away from headphones that tend to stain too easily (looking at you Focal fenestrated pads). The leather pads on the MM-500 is very nice and plush, but also seems as though they will pick up staining over time. If this is the case, any recommended way to clean them to prevent this from happening? Also beings that they are pretty clampy, that seems to make them act like a sponge for oil. Not to be gross at all ha! Just stating facts.
You can replace Audeze pads-- they're glue-on pads, so you just can't easily put old pads back on. Audeze sells the regular LCD pads on their website under accessories. I don't see the LCD-5 or MM-500 pads on there yet, but I assume they'll add them at some point.

Aug 29, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #179 of 365
They should replace the whole heavy LCD line. And release a sub 999$ version of the LCD 2C with this new design.
I sure hope they don’t. I vastly prefer the old LCD line design. The new lighter designs have been plagued with clamp and pad issues. They need to rethink the new design philosophy. Lighter weight doesn’t matter when the clamp force makes you want to stop listening after 20 mins.

Aug 29, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #180 of 365
First versions never good, I guess. I own LCD 2C, love them, but they are the lightest old LCD and still feel a bit clunky really, a bit too much volume was used. Comfortable though. Maybe a hybrid would be good; older everything, with smaller cans like the new ones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back