Audeze MM-100
Sep 22, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #1,156 of 1,447
Seems to be working for me

Could you paste the "working" link to the MM-100 page ?

Do you see the MM-100 price on the first page (where the arrow points) ?

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #1,157 of 1,447
Could you paste the "working" link to the MM-100 page ?

Do you see the MM-100 price on the first page (where the arrow points) ?
The URL to the MM-100 product page is https://www.audeze.com/products/mm-100. It is working for me. Maybe try clearing your browser’s cache?

The price is shown on the product page as well as on the MM Series info page, (between the MM-100 text and the Learn More button).

Sep 23, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #1,160 of 1,447
Not sure I follow anymore. Is this about the QC issue in initial ramp up ? Or something else.

Not particularly keen on doing this, but since you ask :wink:

First and foremost, I find your response a mix of naive, irritating and plain arrogant. Something that a junior marketing manager would write, not a CEO of a company that claims to be an "award-winning premium technology company designing and building some of the world’s most advanced audio solutions...."

Now, to be a bit more specific:

Cable mess
  • What sort of production workflow do you have, that allows for "occasional" cable mix-up ?
  • When customers started complaining, your immediate reaction was: "customers do not know how to plug a cable into our headphones". Pinnacle of arrogance.
Pads
  • You put leather pads in your flagship headphones ("When you put on a pair of LCD-5s, your head and ears are cradled in materials of the finest quality. Supple premium leather and....") yet you decided on this crazy narrative to prove to potential MM-100 owners that plastic pads filled with gel are not only more comfortable, but also more expensive than leather pads. Clearly, you believe that your customers are idiots.
  • MM-100 are one of cheapest products, so plastic pads are expected. Why the ridiculous arguments and theories on plastic vs leather ?
3,5mm Adapter
  • Yet another example of totally unprofessional business process, followed by a mix of naive and irritating rhetoric.
There is more: change of specs, notorious delays, etc.

Who knows, MM-100 may prove to be great headphones, but until they are widely available (also in Europe), all we have is what is in this thread and that is not very promising.

Last, but not least, this is not personal. Just my impression of a botched launch of what seemed like a very promising and exciting product.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #1,163 of 1,447
Some people are never satisfied lol
Oh yes we are. Some of us are just particular about the quality of the tools we use both in music production and for music enjoyment in our spare time. The new Audeze owners, Sony, have fulfilled my expectations again and again with their TOTL products since the 1970s, many of which I still use and enjoy every week to this day.

I have the same expectations to the professional headphones from Audeze - including the MM-100. The sound of the best Audeze cans is open, clear, full and detailed and I expect the same from their newest cans - and also from their support department BTW. Audeze's posts here since the MM-100 launch have been rather on the veiled and woolly side.
Sankars post on Thursday was better but still somewhat unclear. I hope he comes back after the weekend and clears up my follow-up questions from yesterday (post #1146).

The Audeze product page works fine here in Norway.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #1,164 of 1,447
Some people are never satisfied lol
His comments were a little harsh, but he made some good points.

If the gel-filled protein leather earpads cost more than real leather and are actually higher quality than real leather, why wouldn’t they be used on their flagship model? Why wouldn’t they be used on all of their higher end models?

Who puts lower quality and less expensive earpads on their flagship but higher quality more expensive earpads on their entry level model?

You all are so quick to defend, but his logic here is spot on.

Sep 23, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #1,165 of 1,447
The amount of transparency we've been afforded on this thread is already bananas.
No.
1. original specs: weight, pads, adapter
2. @Mad Lust Envy official status confusion
3. delays on addressing padrolling and warranty

They've gone way beyond what most hardware manufacturers would say publicly about internal decisions and issues with an early production run of a brand new product.
The bar is low.

You're allowed to not like those answers of course, but you're afraid of being BANNED due to these answers? Jeeze lol
Youre feigning ignorance to reduce significance of @marekm banning for criticizing a sponsor.

========

Edit: I think I got trolled. Im out!

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #1,166 of 1,447
Received mine a couple of weeks ago from pre-ordering in April and I think they are great for what they cost. I've had many Audeze headphones, still own the 5's and 4Z's and to my 68 year old ears to be honest after listening to them for a couple weeks I could live with just these. I'd say very unscientifically that they sound very close to both the others. For thousands less. One of my go to songs is Hurt by Johnny Cash, I just find the recording of his voice on that one cut remarkable and I like listening to that cut on my various headphones to discern the differences. Probably just my old ears as I'd like to think my others would sound remarkably better but for me they just don't. Out of the box and two weeks in I've had no issues listening just plugged into my desktop computer, directly into my Sony NW-WM1Z or plugged into my WA-5 using the Sony to drive the Woo. I don't have the left / right channel reversal issue. Just my 2 cents.

Sep 23, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #1,167 of 1,447
His comments were a little harsh, but he made some good points.
Agree.
First and foremost, I find your response a mix of naive, irritating and plain arrogant. Something that a junior marketing manager would write, not a CEO of a company that claims to be an "award-winning premium technology company designing and building some of the world’s most advanced audio solutions...."
Last, but not least, this is not personal. Just my impression of a totally botched launch of what seemed like a very promising and exciting product.
Seems personal to me, calling out the CEO's character.

I agree that there have been issues (delays, adapter supply chain issues, QC) but by all accounts the company appears to be making things right. To me the MM-100 still has a ton of promise esp given the price point and the positive early reviews.

Sep 24, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #1,168 of 1,447
Agree.

Seems personal to me, calling out the CEO's character.

I agree that there have been issues (delays, adapter supply chain issues, QC) but by all accounts the company appears to be making things right. To me the MM-100 still has a ton of promise esp given the price point and the positive early reviews.

Very personal, rude, and uncalled for. Questions and criticism can be levied in a professional manner without attempting to undermine someone’s integrity. No representative from any company deserves that type of treatment, let alone the CEO of a company who graciously took time to address the questions.
What makes HeadFi great is the involvement of many of the companies that make this industry great, whether it be Sankar , Rob Watts, Dan Clark, or others who field questions and provide valuable information about the hobby we all love. Hopefully these types of situations won’t discourage them from being a part of these forums in the future.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #1,169 of 1,447
Very personal, rude, and uncalled for. Questions and criticism can be levied in a professional manner without attempting to undermine someone’s integrity. No representative from any company deserves that type of treatment, let alone the CEO of a company who graciously took time to address the questions.
What makes HeadFi great is the involvement of many of the companies that make this industry great, whether it be Sankar , Rob Watts, Dan Clark, or others who field questions and provide valuable information about the hobby we all love. Hopefully these types of situations won’t discourage them from being a part of these forums in the future.
"Graciously". Oh wow he descended from the heavens to grace us with his presence, huh.

Fielding questions is nice and all, but having garbage communication for months isn't. People are upset precisely because of the lack of involvement as well as the extreme inconsistency in the information that was provided. Coming out of the woods months later is just lipstick on a pig at this point.

Sep 24, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #1,170 of 1,447
I wasn’t happy about the long delays (and eventually canceled my preorder) but I guess these kinds of bugs are not unusual when you outsource a product to be built somewhere else. There are warranties, you will be taken care of, and you pay $399 instead of $799 made in-house.

Having said that, while I appreciate the manufacturer coming on board with information, the “personal touch” would have also been appreciated during the original delay periods for reassurance purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back