Audeze MM-100
Sep 18, 2023 at 5:51 AM Post #1,096 of 1,463
Headphone connoisseurs refer to this as the "deep throat" technique :wink:
look it seems you have been trying to continue this back and forth with me for awhile now (for some reason your last few comments are only to me - which I find odd by the way when a stranger on the internet suddenly takes great interest in one individual in particular) but I don't think guests and members are coming to this thread to see two users throw sexual innuendos at each other.
yeah I mean a user who has had a lot of experience with headphones. so has plugged in more jacks. 😀
my previous sentence above was not intended as a sexual innuendo so I apologise if you perceived it that way.

I think most are here to read feedback, updates and comparisons related to the MM-100, so I don't think it's helpful to clog up the thread with random comments.
most users here have been very informative and direct in their comments in response to me, after which they go their own way. but you seem to be responding in metaphors and innuendos which I don't really care much for. I prefer when people are more direct. I can see you are from the EU, so I am willing to account for a difference in culture so I'm trying not to be too rude.
to be honest your responses make it seem like you are unable to say what you really want to say, so you "imply" it. which forces the other person to do the thinking and guess what you are really trying to say. I am not angry at you for it, it just doesn't seem like communication to me. sorry.

here so I will try to end it in a logical and informative way. my opinion is that I think that the vast majority of consumers could make an error plugging in the MM-100's 3.5mm TRRS plug resulting in it being not properly seated. (I account for the fact that even experienced users can be dumb sometimes, and also account for the vast majority of people/consumers who are quick to point out a flaw - then later have trouble admitting they made a mistake)

but you think that it's highly unlikely (or impossible) for most people to make this same error. let's leave it at that.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #1,097 of 1,463
Please treat my comment as weekend banter :)

Coming back to the topic at hand. I have not had bad experience with any of my HiFiman headphones (HE400i 2020, Sundara, Editio XS or Ananda Stealth) nevertheless many of my friends did and there is plenty more evidence on the net (this thread included). Hence my interest in MM-100 as a "bulletproof" replacement for HiFiman planars. Trouble is that 1. it may not be bulletproof as hoped and 2. the plastic (synthetic leather) pads (particularly if not easily replaceable) are a "no-go" for me :frowning2:

Sep 18, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #1,098 of 1,463
.............. my opinion is that I think that the vast majority of consumers could make an error plugging in the MM-100's 3.5mm TRRS plug resulting in it being not properly seated. (I account for the fact that even experienced users can be dumb sometimes, and also account for the vast majority of people/consumers who are quick to point out a flaw - then later have trouble admitting they made a mistake) ..........

audeze hasn't replied to my request for detailed info or a video on how to properly plug in a 3.5mm TRRS plug . could you give a detailed dissertation on how to do it please
? i've only ever plugged in 1/4 inch and 1/8 inch headphone TRS plugs for home equipment .... although 45ish years a go i was in a band and used balanced cables to connect mics and such to our mixer and power amps . and i'm afraid i may be too dumb to plug in a 3.5mm TRRS plug . i've always just pushed the plugs in all the way till they stop and never had a issue with that . is there something unique to 3.5mm TRS that i may need to take extra steps to follow a unique process to successfully make the connection ? i admit i'm closer to a audiophool than a audiophile so i may certainly be too dumb to use that extra ring and going from imperial to metric has exposed just how dumb i am a few times im my time on this rock .

thanks , jeff .

Sep 18, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #1,099 of 1,463
audeze hasn't replied to my request for detailed info or a video on how to properly plug in a 3.5mm TRRS plug . could you give a detailed dissertation on how to do it please
? i've only ever plugged in 1/4 inch and 1/8 inch headphone TRS plugs for home equipment .... although 45ish years a go i was in a band and used balanced cables to connect mics and such to our mixer and power amps . and i'm afraid i may be too dumb to plug in a 3.5mm TRRS plug . i've always just pushed the plugs in all the way till they stop and never had a issue with that . is there something unique to 3.5mm TRS that i may need to take extra steps to follow a unique process to successfully make the connection ? i admit i'm closer to a audiophool than a audiophile so i may certainly be too dumb to use that extra ring and going from imperial to metric has exposed just how dumb i am a few times im my time on this rock .

thanks , jeff .
uhh. not sure why you think I am the correct person to ask about the matter. in my previous comments I have pointed out I am just a mainstream consumer and don’t have much experience with wired headphones in general, maybe since my first pair of headphones were wireless.

my first post in this thread was asking if any members could explain to me the MM-100’s internal wiring and why the MM-100 has a merged ground on the stock cable and what the implications of that are compared to the plug with split ground on the T60RP cable which has the same internal wiring (confirmed).

I also want to know if this internal wiring + Audeze merged ground cable plug could potentially result in swapped L+R channels if not seated properly. but I might not have asked that yet here, because step 1 I wanted to find someone who understood the internal wiring function through explanation.

I am not sure if the members that know how the wiring works+potential issues haven’t seen my original comment yet or it’s just that I am a complete muppet and it’s common knowledge - that merged ground doesn’t matter in headphones and it would not have any impact or have the potential to cause channel reversal.
if it’s common knowledge it makes sense that my comment is ignored by those who understand it already.

to the typical consumer like me, this plug difference of a merged ground might mean a potential for higher incorrect connection.

also just from basic understanding of TRS and TRRS (R = ring, RR = ring ring) every extra ring shortens each contact area.
so I thought more ring contacts (in this case the MM-100’s TRRS socket) increases the chances of contacts making incorrect connections with one or two rings if not seated properly.

I think it’s reasonable for me to expect to hear from someone with technical knowledge here, because I know some headphone users like to make their own headphones and also re-wire their headphones to balanced etc. so they must have tried such combinations of connections and plugs and know the technical stuff about them.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #1,100 of 1,463

Sep 18, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #1,102 of 1,463
Headphones.com have it for sale and they have the test equipment needed. Hope they'll get to it soon
Unfortunately we have not received any MM-100s. When we do, we’ll be sure to get that information up right away but at this time not a single dealer / distributor have seen a MM-100.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Sep 18, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #1,103 of 1,463
What broke on your Ananda Stealth? I have a pair and am interested to see where the weakness is. If the MM100s provide the sound signature that I'm hoping for then I'll sell the Anandas. Also, have you heard the LCD1s and if so could you do a brief comparison? Something about the LCD1s really clicked for me.
Right side distortion/crackle in driver - Replacement pair had the exact same issue - 3rd pair was good

Sep 18, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #1,104 of 1,463
Most people who have actually worn the headphones have been pretty positive about them.
Unfortunately we have not received any MM-100s. When we do, we’ll be sure to get that information up right away but at this time not a single dealer / distributor have seen a MM-100.
Y'all can just shoot the first one you get to me for my pre-order, you can test the second one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sep 18, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #1,105 of 1,463
Y'all can just shoot the first one you get to me for my pre-order, you can test the second one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
We always make sure our customers get their headphones before we pull any retail inventory for review. So no need to worry there! :beerchug:

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Sep 18, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #1,106 of 1,463
Not much seems to have changed in EU :D

Today's screen from Thomman:
th.jpg

Sep 18, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #1,107 of 1,463
How do you find the spectral balance?
Sorry it took me a lifetime to reply! Busy day at work. In my opinion, it sounds very neutral and natural. Often when I have heard headphones that claim to be neutral, I find them to be on the brighter side (HD 560S) but that is not the case with the MM-100. Nothing sounds overly accentuated. I suppose some people could prefer less sub-bass response but I find it to be very flat and natural.

Sep 19, 2023 at 2:57 AM Post #1,109 of 1,463
I'm happy to wait and see.

You have what is takes to be a "satisfied Audeze customer" :D
Just kidding

The note saying "Available in several months" is probably just an expression of the distributor's frustration.

I still hope to test the MM-100 before Christmas :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back