Audeze MM-100
Sep 12, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #1,006 of 1,460

this is very confusing to to me , but i'm glad i went with beyerdynamics now .
why does this forum allow someone to advertise themselves as an audeze sponsor and also state " My opinions here are my own and do not reflect Audeze in any capacity." ????

audeze should correct this , it doesn't look good for them .

Sep 12, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #1,007 of 1,460

this is very confusing to to me , but i'm glad i went with beyerdynamics now .
why does this forum allow someone to advertise themselves as an audeze sponsor and also state " My opinions here are my own and do not reflect Audeze in any capacity." ????

audeze should correct this , it doesn't look good for them .

I can see the reverse being an issue too. If you don't label users who work for sponsors and they're going around offering opinions on different products, even potentially competitor's products, without a disclosure that could be seen as a conflict. So it's tricky either way.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #1,009 of 1,460
IMO .... and we all know what they're like ...... it's very deceptive . first claiming/seeming to be someone officially connected with a company and then posting a disclaimer that you're basically just another person with an opinion .

the mm-100 was still potentially on my radar after the new year , but not anymore .
i have nothing else to add other than that's to the people that contributed to this thread .

Sep 12, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #1,010 of 1,460
IMO .... and we all know what they're like ...... it's very deceptive . first claiming/seeming to be someone officially connected with a company and then posting a disclaimer that you're basically just another person with an opinion .

the mm-100 was still potentially on my radar after the new year , but not anymore .
i have nothing else to add other than that's to the people that contributed to this thread .
Uh, MLE is most definitely officially connected to Audeze -- in fact, he was part of a group of Audeze reps who worked the ticket on my Maxwell (I had crinkle in right driver after a couple of weeks that they RMA'd), so I am 100% certain he works for Audeze. He is not being deceptive claiming to be officially connected to Audeze.

The disclaimer to me is plain as day -- and he even clarified as such in response to this complaint in this thread about it -- that his opinions (such as him preferring Dekoni pads on LCD-GX) do not represent Audeze.

Speaking for myself, I have bought several Audeze headphones and still almost of the ones I've bought, and I've had to contact Audeze support over the years and they've always been responsive, courteous, and fair. They are taking care of me on my issue with the MM-100 not working properly when the stock cable is plugged into the left cup.

Sep 12, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #1,012 of 1,460
Sheesh! I just hope this thread won't get moderated to be spot-clean like what happened to the Lithium thread. Lots of good insights made here. I am for one is going to be waiting on that future Audeze updated instructional video.

Sep 12, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #1,014 of 1,460
Pad swapping MM-100 will be like pad swapping LCD headphone pads. There's no need to differentiate. They attached by the psa adhesive ring. You peel old pads off in the same manner as LCD pads.

If you have any issues on this, contact support@audeze.com and we will be happy to assist you there.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #1,015 of 1,460
Fanboys are PITA in any thread. No reasoning, just serving punches left and right :)

Good to see, that the problem has been noticed and acknowledged.

Who knows, it may even be addressed by Audeze at some point :)

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #1,016 of 1,460
Pad swapping MM-100 will be like pad swapping LCD headphone pads. There's no need to differentiate. They attached by the psa adhesive ring. You peel old pads off in the same manner as LCD pads.

If you have any issues on this, contact support@audeze.com and we will be happy to assist you there.
Then again, making it sound like it's a no brainer. Peeling is never an issue.. it's what comes next that matter most.

Sep 12, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #1,018 of 1,460
I can't wait for the MM-100 to actually come out so that this thread can actually be about the headphone! (Also just really curious about how it sounds.)
Well, I did get mine already, it just had a problem, so I've had to send it back. :sweat_smile: They didn't sound too different from the LCD-GX -- better, to my ears, enough that I will be selling my GX as it is the least comfortable of all my Audeze phones except the on-ear Sine -- and I have the OG super heavy LCD-2 Closed back, lol. Something about the way the GX don't stay on my head in a stable way really irritates me every time I've used them... the MM-100 don't have that problem for me.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #1,019 of 1,460

Users who are viewing this thread

Back