Audeze MM-100
Jun 7, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #451 of 1,447
No mention of balanced option here, just the possibility to use either side connection: 1:40

An Audeze rep confirmed balanced is supported here at the link that Netforce posted. So we know it supports balanced, we just don't know the pinout for balanced.

Jun 7, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #452 of 1,447
Yes, I have read it.

Plenty of conflicting information floating around :D

Jun 7, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #453 of 1,447
No mention of balanced option here, just the possibility to use either side connection: 1:40

Video seemed to just be Chris just showing off the cable entry and interviewer didn't mention balanced as a follow-up question and moved on.

From the post I linked:
can be used with single- or dual-entry cables, single-ended or balanced

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 7, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #454 of 1,447
Yes, I have read it.

Plenty of conflicting information floating around :D

Conflicting information would be someone else saying balanced isn't supported. The video just doesn't mention balanced, so there's no conflict

Jun 7, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #455 of 1,447
Conflicting information would be someone else saying balanced isn't supported.

Audeze web page does not state that balanced is supported, so it either isn't or this information is simply deemed insignificant.

Anyways, the varying statements regarding the origin of the MM-100 drivers are reason enough to justify the statement "Plenty of conflicting information floating around".

Lets hope that Audeze will eventually start shipping the headphones to customers and all speculation will cease :)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023 at 12:49 AM Post #456 of 1,447
Been reading Netforce’s impressions and a few other impressions from the few show appearances that the MM-100 has been shown in and I haven’t been this excited about an entry level for a long time.

Sankar said it’ll be shipping in June so I hope we start seeing some units in the wild soon.

Jun 8, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #457 of 1,447
it was stated earlier in the thread that Audeze will provide a pin-out configuration for both singe- and dual-entry balanced cables. I interpret this as not being able to use any standard dual 3.5mm balanced cable (like Hifiman). Audeze’s LCD-1 has a proprietary pin-out as well.

Jun 8, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #459 of 1,447
it was stated earlier in the thread that Audeze will provide a pin-out configuration for both singe- and dual-entry balanced cables. I interpret this as not being able to use any standard dual 3.5mm balanced cable (like Hifiman). Audeze’s LCD-1 has a proprietary pin-out as well.
I can’t speak for all 3.5mm balanced cable terminations but the Forza, Norne and Skedra cables all use universal pin outs.

For example my Norne cable worked with LCD1 and Rosson RAD-0. Both headphones have very different pin out configurations. I’m not concerned about my cables working. Audeze in general is very good at keeping their headphones user friendly, especially since this is a studio tool and will be used primarily in that environment.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #460 of 1,447
I can’t speak for all 3.5mm balanced cable terminations but the Forza, Norne and Skedra cables all use universal pin outs.

For example my Norne cable worked with LCD1 and Rosson RAD-0. Both headphones have very different pin out configurations. I’m not concerned about my cables working. Audeze in general is very good at keeping their headphones user friendly, especially since this is a studio tool and will be used primarily in that environment.
I just edited this. The Meze cables are Mono and don’t work with that pin out.

Jun 8, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #461 of 1,447
In fact, wild speculation that the mm100 would be any different would be an assumption without any past evidence or support.
Wishful thinking on my behalf. Audeze got back to me yesterday and unfortunately the MM-100 pads will follow the same adhesive model that the others do.

On top of that the MM-100 pad is a different pad compared to MM-500, LCD 5 and the standard LCD series so they won't be selling as an accessory at launch. Like the MM-500 pad it'll be a service ticket request to get a replacement pad.

Kind've a pain

Jun 8, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #462 of 1,447
Been reading Netforce’s impressions and a few other impressions from the few show appearances that the MM-100 has been shown in and I haven’t been this excited about an entry level for a long time.

Sankar said it’ll be shipping in June so I hope we start seeing some units in the wild soon.
Same.

This is all conjecture, but I get the feeling Audeze got sick of seeing HiFiMan rule the $300-500 planar market with the Sundara and Edition XS and created the MM-100 as a "Take that, motherf*ckers!" market segment disruptor.

Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #463 of 1,447
About the pads. Are you saying the phones have to be sent back to Audeze to have the pads replaced? If so, that probably means more business for aftermarket pad companies like Dekoni, etc.

Jun 8, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #464 of 1,447
About the pads. Are you saying the phones have to be sent back to Audeze to have the pads replaced? If so, that probably means more business for aftermarket pad companies like Dekoni, etc.
No. In order to replace the pads you have to open a service ticket with Audeze. They then get back to you (usually within 24hours) with a service order and they'll give you a payment/shipping option for the replacement pads.

You don't have to send in your headphones.

This process is the same for LCD1, CRBN, LCD5, MM-500 and now the MM-100. They don't sell maxwell pads either but there's already a couple aftermarket options available and those are easy to remove.

Currently Dekoni doesn't make aftermarket pads for anything other than the LCD series.

Jun 8, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #465 of 1,447
Wishful thinking on my behalf. Audeze got back to me yesterday and unfortunately the MM-100 pads will follow the same adhesive model that the others do.

On top of that the MM-100 pad is a different pad compared to MM-500, LCD 5 and the standard LCD series so they won't be selling as an accessory at launch. Like the MM-500 pad it'll be a service ticket request to get a replacement pad.

Kind've a pain
I am guessing ear pad replacement service won't be cheap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back