Audeze MM-100
Jun 7, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #436 of 1,447
We’re now on day four of a conversation about pads that obviously there’s some contention about and we collectively don’t even know if the MM-100 will ship with glued on pads. This is all an assumption based on zero facts. Nobody has a unit available to test this.

An Audeze employee has confirmed that the MM-100s use adhesive for the pads in the Maxwell thread, so not really speculation at this point

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-introducing-our-maxwell-gaming-headsets.966020/post-17591014

Jun 7, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #437 of 1,447
So will I be able to use my balanced cables with this, seems to be some confusion. I have a 2x3.5mm terminated in 4.4mm pentacon
depends on if the cable is glued to the port.

Jun 7, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #438 of 1,447
Jun 7, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #439 of 1,447
Jun 7, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #440 of 1,447
🤣 🤣🤣

Not out of the box. This is a one-sided design, but you can choose sides :D
Just curious and I'm not interested in getting into an argument about this either but why would you assume that you can't have both sides plugged in at once?

I don't care if one termination side of the cable isn't providing a signal, I just don't want to have to buy a new single sided cable to run balanced.

Jun 7, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #441 of 1,447
If it is 2x3.5mm connection rather than just using a single side for balanced, you'll still need to confirm that your particular cable is configured the correct way or else you might have a pretty bad day. Really the balanced question isn't answerable until Audeze publishes the pinout configuration

Jun 7, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #442 of 1,447
If it is 2x3.5mm connection rather than just using a single side for balanced, you'll still need to confirm that your particular cable is configured the correct way or else you might have a pretty bad day. Really the balanced question isn't answerable until Audeze publishes the pinout configuration
Good to know. I've asked Audeze and Headphones.com customer support so hopefully they can get back to me with the answer i'm looking for.

Jun 7, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #443 of 1,447
Headphones.com got back to me and said the dual 3.5mm will work but didn't mention anything regarding the pinout. I'm sure once some reviews come out this question will be addressed.
Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 11.39.14 AM.png

Jun 7, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #444 of 1,447
April directed me to the Headphones.com forum as well. https://forum.headphones.com/t/aude...eadphones-official-discussion-thread/20979/10

Netforce tried a pre-production unit at NAMM:

Is the single entry cable system on the MM-100 the same as the LCD-1 where you can plug it into either side? And for folks who want to try to use a dual 3.5mm cable, does it work?
Yes, same as the LCD-1 where you can put the 3.5mm cable into either side and it will still work. For people that are guitarists for example, if you are a righty or a lefty, you can position the cable either way. For using the a dual cable on either side, it probably depends on how the cable is made but it should work though he wasn’t too sure why folks would want to do that (speaking for pro-audio context)
From Iron_Dreamer on Head-Fi: The connectors on the headphone are 3.5mm, and can be used with single- or dual-entry cables, single-ended or balanced. The stock cable is single-entry, single-ended with a 6.3mm on the amp side, with an included adapter to 3.5mm.

Is the pads similar to any existing or past Audeze headphones?
Completely original to the MM-100, shares tech or material from existing headphones but the MM-100 is pre-production so still tweaking things on the MM-100, pads themselves are still a work in progress.

Jun 7, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #446 of 1,447
🤣 🤣🤣

Not out of the box. This is a one-sided design, but you can choose sides :D
You can use the laugh emoji all you like but the only thing funny here is you posturing like you know the answers. What you said to @jonmbarlow was 100% inaccurate. Why lie if you don't know the answer?

What you said has now been refuted by two people that have actually heard and spent time with the headphone. You and @Hifiearspeakers are in good company.

Jun 7, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #447 of 1,447
Good to know. Doesn't change my decision to purchase or not purchase in the slightest.

The cable is removable so no glue is on the ports.
That’s all an assumption, no one has a unit available to test this.

Jun 7, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #448 of 1,447
That’s all an assumption, no one has a unit available to test this.
What's an assumption?

The cable isn't attached to the headphone. It's a detachable cable.

Jun 7, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #449 of 1,447
Link to where Iron_Dreamer clarified about it earlier in this thread!

No mention of balanced option here, just the possibility to use either side connection: 1:40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back