Audeze MM-100
Apr 13, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #121 of 1,447
I’m in SoCal too and thought about going. Tickets are $140 so I’ll pass. I imagine it would be a cool show though. I interviewed with NAMM a couple decades ago and part of the process was touring their on-site museum. It was impressive.
Audeze's version of : "Kicks

Pay us now.
Wait for
So what? No one is forcing anyone to pre-order.

If anything, pre-orders will give Audeze an idea of the demand for the product, and it can adjust supply accordingly. Or does everyone prefer when the HiFiMan Edition XS was damn near impossible to get for the first month after its release, and the Meze 109 Pro suffered a similar, but less acute, fate last year?

Pre-orders are nothing new in consumer electronics. Sony and Microsoft raked in MEGA MILLIONS in pre-orders for the PS5 and Series X/S gaming consoles, respectively.
It’s pure attempt at manipulation of headphone addicts 😆

Seriously, why should anyone “pre-order” something they have no idea what it sounds like? Are Audeze worried it might suck and will be reported as same by early adopters and they will be stuck with a warehouse full of them?

If you have faith in your product and are confident it is a great headphone, build what you feel will sell and release it. It will sell more than that.

Apr 13, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #122 of 1,447
MDR-MV1 MM-100
MSRP$399$399
StyleOver-ear, open-backOver-ear, open-back
Transducer typeDynamicPlanar Magnetic
Magnetic structuren/aFluxor™ magnet array
Fazor™
Magnet typeNeodymiumNeodymium N50
Diaphragm typeCurved corrugation diaphragm shape
and Tri-duct structure
Ultra-Thin Uniforce™
Transducer size40 mm90 mm
Maximum SPL100 dB>120dB
Frequency response5 Hz - 80,000 Hz20Hz-25kHz
THD<0.1% @ 100 dB SPL, 1kHz<0.1% @ 100 dB SPL, 1kHz
Sensitivity100 dB/1mW
(at Drum Reference Point)
98 dB/1mW
(at Drum Reference Point)
Impedance24 ohms18 ohms
Max power handling1.5W RMS5W RMS
Min recommended power?>100mW
Recommended power level?>250mW
EarpadsSuedeGel-filled Leather
Weight223g385g - TBC Audeze has not confirmed the weight yet
AvailableEU Pre order, US Pre order, APAC?US Pre order shipping June, EU ? APAC?

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #123 of 1,447
Well, Sony (MV1) and Audeze (MM100) are in a serious battle for natural sound, with almost the same price, I like it
MM100 has natural sound?

Apr 13, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #124 of 1,447
Actually, just checked on Audeze's website and they say the MM100 has a FR of 20Hz - 25kHz.
HiFi Trends also say 10Hz - 50kHz, so this must have been mentioned in some press release at some time. I wonder if they decided to say the are 20Hz to 25kHz now just so people don't start to think they are being over charged for the MM500's?

Apr 13, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #125 of 1,447

Seriously, why should anyone “pre-order” something they have no idea what it sounds like? Are Audeze worried it might suck and will be reported as same by early adopters and they will be stuck with a warehouse full of them?

If you have faith in your product and are confident it is a great headphone, build what you feel will sell and release it. It will sell more than that.

I can't speak for others or for Audeze and I see where you're coming from, but FWIW I pre-ordered mine because I already own the MM-500s and a headphone in that line that's cheaper is something I would want to check out for myself regardless of reviews.

Most of the time I'm the type that waits to see how something turns out, but every now and again a product comes along that I know right off the bat I want to try for myself. The MM-100 is one if those products so I didn't feel the need to wait. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who decided that purchasing the MM-100s was inevitable so they just did it.

Apr 13, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #126 of 1,447
Well, Sony (MV1) and Audeze (MM100) are in a serious battle for natural sound, with almost the same price, I like it
You've heard the MM-100?

In theory, I agree. I've never preordered a headphone or any electronic gear.

But for those who want in on day one, preordering is an attractive option and a way to avoid any inventory shortage at launch.

Like you, I will wait for feedback from sources I trust and ears I know are pretty similar to mine.

Apr 13, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #127 of 1,447
HiFi Trends also say 10Hz - 50kHz, so this must have been mentioned in some press release at some time. I wonder if they decided to say the are 20Hz to 25kHz now just so people don't start to think they are being over charged for the MM500's?
Its prob not a canniblization issue as MM-100 aimed at the volume market.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #128 of 1,447
I can't speak for others or for Audeze and I see where you're coming from, but FWIW I pre-ordered mine because I already own the MM-500s and a headphone in that line that's cheaper is something I would want to check out for myself regardless of reviews.

Most of the time I'm the type that waits to see how something turns out, but every now and again a product comes along that I know right off the bat I want to try for myself. The MM-100 is one if those products so I didn't feel the need to wait. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who decided that purchasing the MM-100s was inevitable so they just did it.
And this makes perfect sense and is totally logical. And if something is not satisfactory it can be returned.

I think I’m just a wee bit tired of the “create a demand” pre order ritual song and dance routine.

-There’s an announcement.
-Then the pre-order is up.
-Then the glowing reviews from the usual suspects come out en masse a day or two later.
-massive pre-orders ensue
-A month or two later? Meh.

But maybe this will be the DIANA for $399 and people will be overjoyed. And it will have been worth every long second.

Apr 13, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #129 of 1,447
And this makes perfect sense and is totally logical. And if something is not satisfactory it can be returned.

I think I’m just a wee bit tired of the “create a demand” pre order ritual song and dance routine.

-There’s an announcement.
-Then the pre-order is up.
-Then the glowing reviews from the usual suspects come out en masse a day or two later.
-massive pre-orders ensue
-A month or two later? Meh.

But maybe this will be the DIANA for $399 and people will be overjoyed. And it will have been worth every long second.

Believe it or not, I totally feel you on that. Watching that cycle play out over and over again can be annoying, for sure. It's one thing if the products live up to the hype and are successful over the long term, but seeing mediocre crap get schilled hard only to disappear from the scene once everyone who bought them realizes they got over-hyped gets old real quick.

Apr 13, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #130 of 1,447
So what? No one is forcing anyone to pre-order.

If anything, pre-orders will give Audeze an idea of the demand for the product, and it can adjust supply accordingly. Or does everyone prefer when the HiFiMan Edition XS was damn near impossible to get for the first month after its release, and the Meze 109 Pro suffered a similar, but less acute, fate last year?

Pre-orders are nothing new in consumer electronics. Sony and Microsoft raked in MEGA MILLIONS in pre-orders for the PS5 and Series X/S gaming consoles, respectively.
I pre-ordered 2 Series X's, 1 Series S, and a PS5. Wasn't charged anything until they shipped. Though the way this preorder is done is better than Maxwell. At least it's not full price. I'm contemplating preordering these though.

Apr 13, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #131 of 1,447
New thread, same old conversation about pre-orders.

Get over it, they exist, and will continue to exist for literally every new product lunch from here on out.

Apr 13, 2023 at 8:46 PM Post #132 of 1,447
I'd rather they have a preorder system where I know I'll be getting it than how no one can get the Maxwell

Apr 13, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #134 of 1,447
I happily paid $39.95 to put myself in the queue and towards the purchase when it ships. It looks to be quite a bit sturdier than the LCD-1, and I’ve been curious about the MM series.

Even if they sound terrible, I know I'll at least be able to harvest that frame and make a cool DIY build. Obviously, I'm hoping it doesn't come to that, but if it does, that frame is too solid and cool lookin' to not get used. 👍😎

Apr 13, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #135 of 1,447
I do not mind pre-orders if it means I'll get my goods on launch day. I usually hate the feeling of being that guy who decides to buy after the product releases only to find out it's sold out and availability is pushed back month(s). Worse case if I don't like what I hear about the MM-100 I can cancel it. Plenty of time to learn about it while people get their hands on it at some of these events or previews before launch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back