Audeze, live long and prosper
Nov 28, 2022 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

LeChef86

New Head-Fier
I’d like to take this chance and tell you about an amazing experience I had with guys from a company called Audeze

I lost a very expensive pair of headphones among other stuff when hurricane Ian hit Florida not too long ago. Due to the nature of my work, I was absent when that happened, but, with the help of friend, I managed to retrieve my stuff, and then we put enormous effort into desperately trying to revive the equipment by rinsing it in distilled water, and what not... Of course, having been exposed to saltwater for two days – there wasn’t much we could do.

Then came in the guys from Audeze. I addressed them by email seeking counsel and asking them to take the headphones in for inspection. I just wanted to know if there is any hope… But the guys went above and beyond. They offered to replace them with a brand-new pair. I was: “like, what? Are your for real? Someone please pinch me, am I tripping or dreaming!”, but the guy on the other side replied: “You're cool... Live long and prosper. ”… I honestly wasn’t sure if it is going to happen, but then, one day, my friend texted me I got a package, and it says Audeze on the box!

I mean, c'mon, who does that? Who replaces 5K$ pair of cans for you just because: "We have no problem taking care of few of our customers. "?
Sincerely, it is not like I am buying gear from them every month, so they are looking to keep my cash flowing in. I just bought something that should last me a 10+ years and most likely I will not buy anything else in a while, if ever…
Look, those guys spitted out that kind of money on me (me=nobody), clearly without any reasonable expectation that it is going to bring them profit in the long run. They just did it because they care. Like, there is someone over there that genuinely cares. I mean, c’mon, how often do you stumble upon a company that cares? No profit is involved!

If you want a good pair of headphones, a truly blissful experience that is going to give you many, many hours of unique sensation by reproducing music in a way that you couldn’t imagine before. It will take away stress after a long day, and if you incorporate music listening into your daily routine, you will be a happier person.
Buy from these guys!
Buy from someone that treats clients with respect and cares about them.
These guys can, and will have you covered. They will be there for you when the need arises.

Thank you Audeze, you made my year!

Nov 28, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #2 of 8
Nice story. Good to hear that Audeze has great CS and that everything worked out.

Nov 29, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #3 of 8
Back in the day, they had a few years of very poor quality control in their expensive planars, membranes coming apart, etc. It's good to see that they've reacted in the best positive way since then. A lot of companies don't do that and fall by the wayside.

Nov 29, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #4 of 8
Back in the day, they had a few years of very poor quality control in their expensive planars, membranes coming apart, etc. It's good to see that they've reacted in the best positive way since then. A lot of companies don't do that and fall by the wayside.
Well, I cannot agree more. I had other headphones that suffered the sam fate, DCA's Noir. I contacted them also and asked if they'd take them in for check-up. They refused briefly and offered nothing. Honestly, I expected DCA to be more compassionate because they are much smaller company than Audeze.. I even went with Noires in part because DCA is small business and I like supporting small companies. I guess it was too much for them to offer some sort of support.

Dec 5, 2022 at 3:53 AM Post #5 of 8
great story but is that not what insurance is for ? Don't you have insurance for your personal stuff being destroyed by natural desasters like hurricanes, flooding etc. in Florida?

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022 at 4:16 AM Post #6 of 8
great story but is that not what insurance is for ? Don't you have insurance for your personal stuff being destroyed by flooding etc. in Florida?
Unfortunately, I do not have insurance. I am not an U.S. resident; I work there on seasonal basis (10 months on/ 2 months off) so I rent an apartment. I left my expensive equipment for safekeeping in my friend's house that got flooded badly. I personally do not have any sort of insurance in U.S. Do you think I could claim this from my friend's insurance, having in mind that all receipts are on my name. I mean, it got destroyed in his house..

Dec 5, 2022 at 4:44 AM Post #7 of 8
Unfortunately, I do not have insurance. I am not an U.S. resident; I work there on seasonal basis (10 months on/ 2 months off) so I rent an apartment. I left my expensive equipment for safekeeping in my friend's house that got flooded badly. I personally do not have any sort of insurance in U.S. Do you think I could claim this from my friend's insurance, having in mind that all receipts are on my name. I mean, it got destroyed in his house..

Interesting and at the same time sad to hear how things seem to work (or not work) in the US ...

Over here it is mandatory to have an insurance as soon as you own a home or have a renting contract (even a short one) so everyone is automatically covered.
If you leave your stuff at your friends house then his insurance needs to cover since it was "in his care" (= his third party / liability insurance would have to cover) - at least that's how it works here.

Awesome that the guys from Audeze got you covered anyway.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #8 of 8
Interesting and at the same time sad to hear how things seem to work (or not work) in the US ...

Over here it is mandatory to have an insurance as soon as you own a home or have a renting contract (even a short one) so everyone is automatically covered.
If you leave your stuff at your friends house then his insurance needs to cover since it was "in his care" (= his third party / liability insurance would have to cover) - at least that's how it works here.

Awesome that the guys from Audeze got you covered anyway.
It's mandatory to have property insurance in Florida. HOWEVER, like all scams that people get away with, if you don't read the fine print, insurance companies will do everything in their power to not pay insurance claims, or pay as little as possible. It's a business where the moment they actually have to help people, they're paid to learn to NOT pay.

In any case, as many people have found out this past season, home insurance doesn't actually cover floods. That's a separate insurance altogether. You have to pay flood insurance on TOP of home insurance. Flood insurance is an option.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back