AUDEZE LCD XC
Jul 9, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #3,092 of 4,142
Hi everyone,

What stand are folks using for these? Ideally looking for something clean/modern looking, but sturdy.

Cheers

Silverstone, all the way. Can hold two Audeze headphones (see pic), and it’s so solid it may be used as a blunt object against thieves.

https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=490&area=en

9BC2891A-50DC-406C-BEC4-060200A3444C.jpeg

Jul 9, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #3,094 of 4,142
Silverstone, all the way. Can hold two Audeze headphones (see pic), and it’s so solid it may be used as a blunt object against thieves.

https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=490&area=en

Nice. I like those and might be a good solution, as I am adding the Audeze Mobius to my computer headphone selection for my gaming needs.

The Sieveking Omega is fantastic if you're into classy wood ones. Very high quality but pricey.

There's a Chinese knock-off on Amazon for ~$30, but I can't comment on how good/bad it is.

Ah yes, thank you. I had seen photos of these on display, found them on Amazon, but they were just the cheap knock-offs.

Jul 9, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #3,095 of 4,142
Wow what a good sound and the attention to detail on these hp's is very good, just got them I've been looking for a really good closed back headphone and to my ears these are the best sounding, the level of quality, tonal balance and transparency of these hp's are second to none. They come with a new cable not that old Audeze ribbon type cable my LCD3's came with, the new cable is much more attractive. Also the headband has changed these are weighty hp's for sure more so then my LCD3's very happy to have gotten them..enjoy

20180709_160026.jpg
20180709_160144.jpg

Jul 10, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #3,096 of 4,142
Jul 10, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #3,097 of 4,142
Wow what a good sound and the attention to detail on these hp's is very good, just got them I've been looking for a really good closed back headphone and to my ears these are the best sounding, the level of quality, tonal balance and transparency of these hp's are second to none. They come with a new cable not that old Audeze ribbon type cable my LCD3's came with, the new cable is much more attractive. Also the headband has changed these are weighty hp's for sure more so then my LCD3's very happy to have gotten them..enjoy

Looks great!
Does the new headband feel more comfy? They sell them separately and I'm tempted to splash $200 for the carbon fiber one :)

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #3,099 of 4,142
I also like the new headband over the older one on my LCD3's, yeah the carbon fiber band is great looking I'm also thinking of getting that one for the XC's and replacing the old one on the LCD3's plus it's time for new pads. Audeze sound is amazing..enjoy all

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #3,100 of 4,142
Looks great!
Does the new headband feel more comfy? They sell them separately and I'm tempted to splash $200 for the carbon fiber one :)
Do it, it’s totally worth it. The CF headband makes the XC’s feel less like weights and more like the great headphones they are. I have the CF headband on my XC’s and it’s the best upgrade you can make for them.

Jul 11, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #3,101 of 4,142
Do it, it’s totally worth it. The CF headband makes the XC’s feel less like weights and more like the great headphones they are. I have the CF headband on my XC’s and it’s the best upgrade you can make for them.

I totally agree. I now can listen for hours on end without feeling the weight of the XC’s

Jul 11, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #3,102 of 4,142
That's good to hear @PinoNL the CF band not only looks good but helps balance XC's weightiness, I'll be getting that soon..

Jul 17, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #3,103 of 4,142
I bought the XC's and holy crap are they bright. Is that normal?

My normal listening headphones are the LCD-3 and iSine 20 so maybe those are a warmer signature. I'm using an iDSD Black Label as the DAC/amp so I don't think it's the source.

Jul 17, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #3,104 of 4,142
XCs are the brightest Audezes I have tested (2, 3, X). Which I prefer, btw. Try their Reveal plugin maybe, it changes the tonality.

Jul 17, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #3,105 of 4,142
I bought the XC's and holy crap are they bright. Is that normal?

My normal listening headphones are the LCD-3 and iSine 20 so maybe those are a warmer signature. I'm using an iDSD Black Label as the DAC/amp so I don't think it's the source.
I agree.
I generally prefer a warmer sound but they completely changed my preference. The highs are so musical; they grab your attention but are never harsh or out of place, even though I'm pretty treble sensitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back