AUDEZE LCD XC
Feb 23, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #2,356 of 4,151
How do you choose wood cups on this headphone? There seem to be multiple kinds of wood on these cans from the photo thumbs up on the right, but no wood selection on Audeze LCD-XC page ?
What kind of wood do you guys have on yours ?

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #2,358 of 4,151
  I think that you just get what they have.... plus, I think that photos vary based on lighting and camera.

I just saw 3 LCD-XC lined up on a photo in LCD-X thread and it may just be staining variation, though after seeing that wild cup grain posted recently (can be seen top right) it may be variation in wood as well.

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #2,359 of 4,151
How do you choose wood cups on this headphone? There seem to be multiple kinds of wood on these cans from the photo thumbs up on the right, but no wood selection on Audeze LCD-XC page ?

The XC was initially offered with a variety of wood choices, but these have been discontinued for a long time. Now it's Bubinga wood only and random luck of the draw on grain.

These were the original wood options:

hand-worked Bubinga, Purple Heart, Iroki or Walnut
:)

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #2,360 of 4,151
Here's mine...

Feb 23, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #2,361 of 4,151

The XC was initially offered with a variety of wood choices, but these have been discontinued for a long time. Now it's Bubinga wood only and random luck of the draw on grain.

These were the original wood options:

hand-worked Bubinga, Purple Heart, Iroki or Walnut
smily_headphones1.gif

What Relic said. I bought mine last August and wood selection was not available anymore, it's bubinga only these days.
My preference would have been bubinga or walnut (the dark one).
The woods are, left to right, top to bottom: Iroko, Walnut, Purpleheart and Bubinga.

Also, standard is black leather eapads or veggie earpads as they used to call them. I prefer leather (and a T-bone steak) and was lucky enough to buy me some spare black and brown leather earpads and heabands as well.

Feb 23, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #2,364 of 4,151
Mine is Bocote, just bought it 2 months ago

Cool! Bocote has an interesting grain for sure, and is a fairly new offering I presume. Congrats! :)

Pics?

Feb 23, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #2,366 of 4,151
Thanx :D if you can back like 2 pages at this forum u will see some pics with the new headband,,, tho the pics was while I was on a hurry xD

Right. I just assumed they were Bubinga wood but I can see the difference now. Looking good. :)

Mar 1, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #2,367 of 4,151
Time for an amp shootout--apologies if the below amps are discussed elsewhere in this thread. With the LCD-XC, what is your experience with the following amps--or even general thoughts? For work, I need a small footprint for my desk. DAC not important right now as this is for a work setup--IT won't let us stream Tidal.

- Burson Soloist SL MK2
- Woo Audio WA6-SE or WA7
- Violectric V-200
- ALO Audio Pan-AM

Are the above amps (or others you know of) worth paying the premium over the SL MK2? I want more energy/punch with rock and house music. Oppo HA-2 is powering my EL-8C...will upgrade to LCD-XC as soon as I can find a used unit. 

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Mar 1, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #2,368 of 4,151
Time for an amp shootout--apologies if the below amps are discussed elsewhere in this thread. With the LCD-XC, what is your experience with the following amps--or even general thoughts? For work, I need a small footprint for my desk. DAC not important right now as this is for a work setup--IT won't let us stream Tidal.

- Burson Soloist SL MK2
- Woo Audio WA6-SE
- Violectric V-200
- ALO Audio Pan-AM

Are the above amps (or others you know of) worth paying the premium over the SL MK2? I want more energy/punch with rock and house music. Oppo HA-2 is powering my EL-8C...will upgrade to LCD-XC as soon as I can find a used unit. 

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I dont got answer but im as you wondering,, (what work good for LCD-X doesnt mean for sure it will work good for LCD-XC) that what I learned...
I wish ppl will give us info.. cheers

Mar 4, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #2,369 of 4,151
Two LCD Questions:
Which has more bass?
Which has faster bass?
XC vs 3
Also comments on bass quality and detail please.
I have LCD-2 F, seems a little slow and lots of blowback affecting the sound after a big bass hit when sub bass boosted +14db.. maybe I need JVC HA-DX1000?

Mar 4, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #2,370 of 4,151
  Two LCD Questions:
Which has more bass?
Which has faster bass?
XC vs 3
Also comments on bass quality and detail please.
I have LCD-2 F, seems a little slow and lots of blowback affecting the sound after a big bass hit when sub bass boosted +14db.. maybe I need JVC HA-DX1000?

XC on both counts. I comapred them for a few hours side by side on the same Bryston amp.
I liked them both though, it was a tough choice to make.
The XC had a little more slam in the bass and also a little more pronounced highs where the 3 was a bit softer, smoother overall.
We're splitting hairs here though, the differences were rather subtle to me. That's why I say a "little" and a "bit".
Both good phones, choosing one over the other was a matter of preferences.
And I like the looks of the XC better as well. Might not be important to everyone and not my first consideration as well but I do like beautiful stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back