AUDEZE LCD XC
Feb 11, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #2,341 of 4,151
  For me it worth it, the new headband covers more surface at the head so the weight won't be focused on small area, also its ligher that the ordinary one, tho i'm sure that AKG headband modification will do the trick but will add more weight (check my post UP)

That AKG suggestion looks great, I just ordered a few of those headbands to try out as suspenders (at a fraction of the price of the new Audeze bands).

Feb 11, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #2,342 of 4,151
It's sad to say but I think I gonna have to sell the new pair of LCDXC I just got. My tinnitus is so loud right now. This sucks. I think I may have to stop listening to any headphones for a while to calm this down
frown.gif

I was really worried about mine. Even at low volumes they were very fatiguing when I first got them. It took a couple of months to settle down for my pair. I did leave them plugged in 24x7 playing random songs to get them to 100 hrs. I'd guess they needed to get to 200+ hrs to relax. I absolutely love them now. I'm really glad I didn't return them. The other factor in my situation that I didn't isolate is that I bought the headphones+DAC+Amp at the same time so I was dealing with all of it burning in at the same time.

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #2,343 of 4,151
I was really worried about mine. Even at low volumes they were very fatiguing when I first got them. It took a couple of months to settle down for my pair. I did leave them plugged in 24x7 playing random songs to get them to 100 hrs. I'd guess they needed to get to 200+ hrs to relax. I absolutely love them now. I'm really glad I didn't return them. The other factor in my situation that I didn't isolate is that I bought the headphones+DAC+Amp at the same time so I was dealing with all of it burning in at the same time.
Maybe that's my issue as well

Feb 12, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #2,344 of 4,151
that was part of the reason i sold my LCD-XC, brightness. after listening sessions, i would notice fatigue/ringing. i switched back to my LCD2 (original), which has a warm, smooth sound and have not experienced it since. i am completely satisfied and happy with my LCD2. the only other headphone that really interests me is the HE1000, but i have some reservations due to price and potential build issues/durability.

Feb 12, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #2,345 of 4,151
  I just got the carbon fiber headband I like it so much so damn light and a bigger surface also very flexible.

the first two pics to compare the old and the new headbands.

I've also got the new carbon headband for both the XC's and my LCD-3's and find them a big improvement. As some have pointed out the leather strap is too long so it touches the carbon fiber. I haven't noticed any hot spots though.

Feb 12, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #2,346 of 4,151
I've also got the new carbon headband for both the XC's and my LCD-3's and find them a big improvement. As some have pointed out the leather strap is too long so it touches the carbon fiber. I haven't noticed any hot spots though.

I guess I may have to order me some now for my Xc if I keep them. I may need to order some more LCD-3's if I v like the Lcd-4's

Feb 13, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #2,348 of 4,151
yeah, I suggest anyone who love any of the LCDs to get the new headband.

I heard audeze is revsing the length of the leathe headband so that it does not touch the carbon headband. Has anyone compared that carbon headband to lohb's leather band that I and sone others have for their lcds? I am fairly happy with lohb's solution.

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #2,349 of 4,151
I am fairly happy with lohb's solution.

Thanks, I tried fixed bands at first, but elasticated straps were more comfortable due to the slight give and sprung feeling it creates around the head.

Feb 14, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #2,350 of 4,151
  Thanks, I tried fixed bands at first, but elasticated straps were more comfortable due to the slight give and sprung feeling it creates around the head.

Yes, for anyone who's head is not shaped exactly like a fixed band, a suspension strap will always be better because it naturally conforms to the shape of the head.

Feb 16, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #2,351 of 4,151
Just a comment - I still consider myself a newbie so I'm trying to train my ears on what I should be hearing and get a better handle on the lingo.  

I have the LCD-XC's running from the Woo WA7d and WA7tp off my Macbook and yes, they sound fantastic.  I also recently acquired the new Beyerdynamic TP5 Gen 2's and have been comparing the two - everyone on the new Gen 2 TP5 thread has been raving about how they are so balanced and open sounding (despite being closed backs too) and they keep talking about how it's a "reference" sound.  

I do like them (the T5P's) but to me compared to the LCD-XC's, they seem light - maybe it's just my preference, but when I put on the LCD's it's like I added a sub to the room and when I put back on the TP5's, it's like I turned off the sub, still clear and great sounding, but without that sub bass.  

Anyone out there have both?  Just wondering if that's how others would view it.  Are the LCD's considered to be bass heavy?  Is the more middle of the road clear sound of the TP5 what most consider more audiophile quality?

I really do like them both and I think it depends on what I'm listening to that also makes one stand out more than the other - R&B sounds weak on the TP5's compared to the LCD's, but certain Jazz stuff sounds crisper on the TP5.  

As for portability, the TP5 is waaaayyyy more portable.

Thanks all!

Feb 16, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #2,352 of 4,151
I got my XC's in June and I continue to like them, even amazed by them. They have broken in nicely and I can relate to system break-in time; be patient. There's is a rich full sound that awaits. Some of that might be the associated equipment, everything counts.

As far as comfort, the longer yoke rods helped the comfort level, I do not see a need for replacing the headband but time will tell. It didn't change the weight but it did alter the geometry, less clamping and better distribution. I may just be one of the lucky ones. I went with a light, pure silver balanced cable configueration. (The cable broke-in kind of all of a sudden with a "belch" one evening, I kid you not).

I use mine at home, they are too nice to risk "road trips" or office loss. Besides, I have CIEM's for that.

Currently on? The 442's. Really fun.

Happy listening.

Feb 19, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #2,353 of 4,151

I take this back! After longer sessions I do get a hot spot on top of my head. I've now modded both my new carbon headbands by shortening the suspension strap. Very easy and looks stock. Comfort is now very good. A shame you have to mod £180 headbands though...

Feb 22, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #2,354 of 4,151
Is anyone running the V200 & V800 amp/DAC combo with the XCs? I've heard great things about that combo with the hd800 but wasn't sure about the LCD series. Looking for an upgrade from my Hifi m8. It's good, but I want to know if there's better options in portable with the XCs.

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #2,355 of 4,151
Is anyone running the V200 & V800 amp/DAC combo with the XCs? I've heard great things about that combo with the hd800 but wasn't sure about the LCD series. Looking for an upgrade from my Hifi m8. It's good, but I want to know if there's better options in portable with the XCs.

As an amp some ppl saying Cavalli liqued carbon is good with lcd-xc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back