AUDEZE LCD XC
Feb 8, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #2,326 of 4,151
  Yes some will never find XC as heavy but I do :"(
for me the cable doesn't matter because i'm sitting on the floor XD
btw I bought SAA Endorphin cable and i'm still waiting for them to arrive, a friend told me it's the best cable for all the LCDs

Damn, the SAA Endorphin looks sweet! Will have to try them out some time.

Hope that Carbon Fiber headband works for ya
beerchug.gif

Feb 9, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #2,327 of 4,151
I got the LCD-XC back in August. It's been a great purchase. I'm really happy with them. They were uncomfortable at volume for a long time. Now after everything is past break-in period they're amazing. I've been lurking on and off head-fi for years. Decided I should set up an acct and say hello. Currently using the LCD-XC with either Mytek Stereo-192 -> Woo WA5 or Cowon Plenue P1. I got the Cowon not long ago. I'm really impressed with Mach3bass + the LCD-XC.

Feb 11, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #2,328 of 4,151
I just got the carbon fiber headband I like it so much so damn light and a bigger surface also very flexible.

the first two pics to compare the old and the new headbands.

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #2,335 of 4,151
I only paid $222 that site will takeout VAT (20%) if the shipping address is outside the UK, the shipping was about $25

Audeze still don't sell it (I didn't contact them) so I just bought it from that website,,, my concept is (whatever) lol,,, most of us already paid $5000 or more for our sound hobby, so $50 or $100 is nothing IMHO :)

Makes sense!

Feb 11, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #2,336 of 4,151
I read a while back that Audeze was going to offer the Carbon Fiber headband around the Feb time frame IIRC. I also vaguely recall some people saying that the CF headband wasn't really that much more comfortable. I had a chance to spend about 5 minutes with the LCD4 so I have no idea how comfortable the headband is longer term. Really wondering is it worth it to upgrade?

Feb 11, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #2,338 of 4,151
  I read a while back that Audeze was going to offer the Carbon Fiber headband around the Feb time frame IIRC. I also vaguely recall some people saying that the CF headband wasn't really that much more comfortable. I had a chance to spend about 5 minutes with the LCD4 so I have no idea how comfortable the headband is longer term. Really wondering is it worth it to upgrade?

For me it worth it, the new headband covers more surface at the head so the weight won't be focused on small area, also its ligher that the ordinary one, tho i'm sure that AKG headband modification will do the trick but will add more weight (check my post UP)

Feb 11, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #2,339 of 4,151
It's sad to say but I think I gonna have to sell the new pair of LCDXC I just got. My tinnitus is so loud right now. This sucks. I think I may have to stop listening to any headphones for a while to calm this down
frown.gif

Yes I agree, LCD-XC hights are alot but I saw at some posts that it will be better after 50 hours of burning-in, mine still at 30 hours now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back