AUDEZE LCD XC
Jan 28, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #617 of 4,137
Doesn't look like any buyer is forthcoming for my XC's so I guess I'll just have to hang on to them :rolleyes:

Having sold my Burson Conductor and not being overly impressed with the EF-6, I need a new amp.

Budget: £1000

Jan 28, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #618 of 4,137
This relatively obscure amp has piqued my interest. It looks like a high-end Lyr and the specs suggest that it has been designed with orthos in mind

http://www.pathosacoustics.com/aurium.html

Jan 28, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #619 of 4,137
Doesn't look like any buyer is forthcoming for my XC's so I guess I'll just have to hang on to them
rolleyes.gif

Having sold my Burson Conductor and not being overly impressed with the EF-6, I need a new amp.

Budget: £1000

Your are very hard to satisfy, heheheh!

Jan 29, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #623 of 4,137
I'm so in love with the X that I'm going to start working on justification on why I also need a pair of XCs 
biggrin.gif

If I hadnt' started a new job where I work from home, that would have been perfect...I'll have to come up with something else now. 

Jan 29, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #626 of 4,137
  I'm so in love with the X that I'm going to start working on justification on why I also need a pair of XCs 
biggrin.gif

If I hadnt' started a new job where I work from home, that would have been perfect...I'll have to come up with something else now. 

Why both if you don't need the XC's isolation?

Jan 29, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #627 of 4,137
biggrin.gif

So you have a "real" reason for ignoring the lady friend? 
eek.gif

Jan 29, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #628 of 4,137
haha, well done gents! I wrote all those down :)

Sbradley: that's just it...I don't NEED both...I just am so smitten that I'm tempted to get the XC, as well :D

The Xs are the first headphone I've owned where I literally was counting the minutes until work was over and i could fire them up...love these Big Vaders!!

Jan 29, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #629 of 4,137
  haha, well done gents! I wrote all those down :)

Sbradley: that's just it...I don't NEED both...I just am so smitten that I'm tempted to get the XC, as well :D

The Xs are the first headphone I've owned where I literally was counting the minutes until work was over and i could fire them up...love these Big Vaders!!

This is easy; you want furniture upgrade and the Bubingas are a great starting showpiece 
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #630 of 4,137
  This is easy; you want furniture upgrade and the Bubingas are a great starting showpiece 
biggrin.gif

Well done! Added to the list lol

BTW, those of you who have the Xc, what is the sound stage like? I cannot get over how much bigger the stage is on the Xs than the LCD-2s...it's become a strength of the headphone, in my opinion. Movies are AMAZING on these things. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back