source : AK 240 use LINE OUT
Amp : Cypher Labs Duet use Low Gain
Headphone : Beyerdynamic T5p stock cable
LCD XC SAA. endorphin balance 4 pin > balance 4 pin to mini plug
Cable : mini to mini Crystal Cabel Dreamline DIY
Music file : WAV ,AIFF , FLAC hi rest 24 bit / 196 KHz and DSD

My impression :
High : very detail and very clear and very good clarity
Mid : very clear and sweet and natural mid that I can hear every clear how the Sanger breath
Very good pronounced and rendering
Bass : very good impact and fast bass reproduction and very clean and detail
Separation : very good separation that for close I can detect very clear the musician placement
Soundstage : wide and very good depth , that I feel not like close headphone
Background : very black background
Hissing : No hiss

Overall :
Duet is new amp , the SQ is one level above my old school Headroom portable micro amp and pico dac amp
With duet pair with AK 240 has very good synergy , very good rendering , at low Gain I have power full
Amp to drive T5p and LCD XC .
The best synergy pair with LCD XC , with T5p the bass is not so tight
Duet is my favorite amp for all rounder music genre
That's why I have two sets Duet one in Silver and one in Copper

Note :

Before I go ins bed , I heard DSD file from OPUS 2 : teach me tonight and Here's that rainy day , wow my hair stand up now , how beautiful DSD sound quality with this set up on my LCD XC , like your musician blow saxophone near you , man o man I love it , I can sleep well tonight hahaha

IMO

Mar 29, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #1,145 of 4,158
I've had my pair of LCD-XCs for about 2 months now, and I'm really enjoying them.  I'd been on a quest for the perfect closed setup for a while (trying T5ps, ED8s), and think I've finally found it!  Been meaning to do a more detailed write-up review, but I thought I'd share some quick notes.  My setup is:

Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet for playback (JRiver Media Center / Foobar2000) 
NAD M51 DAC
Questyle CMA800R Amp

I don't have any particularly fancy cables.  I'm using USB in, and balanced from dac to amp.  So far, I am really loving the sound.  I was previously using the XCs with a Burson Conductor which has plenty of power (4wpc) but wasn't giving me the sound stage and instrument separation. With this setup, sounds amazing!  The highs are definitely there, but I haven't had any problems with brightness (whereas the T5p would kill me with this.)  The sound is intimate and clear.  I've been enjoying all types of music, but anything with guitar or prominent vocals really sings.  I can also throw on some Metallica and the cans can really rock.  Bass has not been a problem.  They are absolutely heavy, but I've gotten used to them.  Isolation is good enough that I can listen in bed (at low volume admittedly) while my wife goes to bed which is saying something!  The soundstage isn't quite what the t5ps have (which is just insane) but it's quite good.  Overall, I'm really really happy with this setup.  Been searching for a while, and this is the first time I can remember being more excited to use my gear than upgrade it! 

Anyway, hope these notes are useful.  At some point, I hope to do a deeper review - but if you have questions let me know! 

I am agree with you
My two Best close headphones are :
Fostex TH 900 and LCD XC

IMO

Mar 29, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #1,148 of 4,158
You're getting funny looks because you're sitting in the wrong franchise. Go to McDonalds or Burger King wearing the XC with your head tilted 90 degrees to one side. You'll fit right in with all the burgers. =P

lol!

Mar 29, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #1,149 of 4,158
I am agree with you
My two Best close headphones are :
Fostex TH 900 and LCD XC

IMO

I tried for a year to love the T5ps.  The are super comfortable, really easy to drive, and the sound quality and stage are both fantastic.  Unfortunately, the sounds was really 'thin' to my ears, and the highs were just too much.  The Ts and Ss on vocals were almost painful.  I got the Conductor specifically to try and darken them - it helped, but not enough.  Eventually I just gave up (about to sell them.)   

Didn't consider the TH900 mostly it looked like they didn't do a good job isolating.  Love to try them some day though.  

Mar 30, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #1,152 of 4,158
+1

Great for transportable, but not portable. I love that I can just unplug the LCD XC from my desktop rig, plug it directly into my DX100 and listen to music while enjoying a coffee on the patio. Very nice.

Mar 30, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #1,153 of 4,158
Jayboy, how much are they costing in Singapore?

Ross you have PM.
wink.gif

Mar 30, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #1,154 of 4,158
Congrats for your new LCD XC
beerchug.gif

Thanks Rudi, I've been saving up for these for almost 8 months ever since I wanted to plonk down serious cash for LCD2s and heard that a closed-back design was coming out. 

Its joy so far.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #1,155 of 4,158
  Thanks Rudi, I've been saving up for these for almost 8 months ever since I wanted to plonk down serious cash for LCD2s and heard that a closed-back design was coming out. 

Its joy so far.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm glad you're happy with your new XCs, jayboy. I'm falling more and more in love with mine. I just ordered a cable from Double Helix Cables where I will have a copper/SPC hybrid terminated with a custom made 2.5mm TRRS plug so I can run my XCs out of the balanced output of my AK240. It's going to be a long 6 weeks before I get them ... 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back