AUDEZE LCD XC
Mar 27, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #1,127 of 4,158

Mar 27, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #1,128 of 4,158
I haven't heard the LAu sorry. I have owned both the LL and LF and don't plan on owning a third amp from that manufacturer any time soon. With regards to power, I think the LAu has more, but unless you're looking at the HE-6s, both have plenty of power for pretty much any headphone out there. 

The GS-X Mk2 is a window into your DAC/source material and is as clean and true as an amp that I've heard. For more info, I suggest you check out the GS-X thread.

Thank you For Your information

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #1,129 of 4,158

I have long Time not use My pico dac / amp , until i saw Your picture inspired Me to use today :beerchug:

Source : IPhone 5s
Dac / Amp : Headamp Pico Dac amp 16 bit / 44,4 KHz
Headphone : LCD XC With SAA Endorphin balance 4 PIN > balance 4 PIN to mini plug going to Pico HP out
Cable : iPhone 5 s use apple lightning to USB > USB to mini USB to Pico Dac Amp
Music file : WAV

High : smooth not so extended like Tube sounding High
Mid : very sweet , thats The strong from Pico dac amp
Bass : like Tube sounding bass , very Good impact
Separation : very Good separation from My Pico Dac Amo
Soundstage : not so Wide , fior Close headphone is Good

Note : i havent tried My Pici Dac Amp before pair With iPhone 5s , wow surprised Me works very Good

Impression like Yours above :D

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #1,130 of 4,158
I have long Time not use My pico dac / amp , until i saw Your picture inspired Me to use today :beerchug:

Source : IPhone 5s
Dac / Amp : Headamp Pico Dac amp 16 bit / 44,4 KHz
Headphone : LCD XC With SAA Endorphin balance 4 PIN > balance 4 PIN to mini plug going to Pico HP out
Cable : iPhone 5 s use apple lightning to USB > USB to mini USB to Pico Dac Amp
Music file : WAV

Impression like Yours above :D

Glad you liked the combo too!

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #1,131 of 4,158
I notice a lot of sound leak from these from the outer perimeter of where the wooden cups meet the aluminum rings-- moreso than from the pads themselves.  I moved my ear around to find out.   I think Audeze should've sealed this small opening up with epoxy or some other form of self-leveling sealant that's able to get down in that crack.  These things isolate a bit better than something like a Denon Dxxx series, but they let out sound worse than one, just because there's so much energy being thrown outward from that large planar driver.

Mar 27, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #1,133 of 4,158
Yes is like it , thats impressed Me from old school pico dac amp
biggrin.gif

Our set Up like twins hahaha

Except for those cables! 

Yeah, the now 7 year old Pico design still holds up really well!

Mar 27, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #1,134 of 4,158
Except for those cables! 

Yeah, the now 7 year old Pico design still holds up really well!

I have 3 headamp :
Pico dac amp
Pico slim
Pico power

That's really impressed that pico dac amp can pair with iPhone 5s and can drive LCD XC in very good SQ

Thank you for your picture , that's inspired me :D

Note please try use different USB to mini USB , you will like it more , every cable has their characteristic SQ
My first USB to mini USB was smooth less bright , the other bright and better bass impact
IMO.

Mar 27, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #1,135 of 4,158

I didn't feel this when I tried the Schiit gear at the SoCal meet, but I remember early impressions of the Schiit stack that were along those lines from the Gungnir sounding a bit harsh, which I believe they've rectified.

I have always really liked the Audezes through my Audio-gd Phoenix, so a Reference 9 would obviously be my recommendation, but I would be surprised if it were possible to go wrong with any of the balanced SS amps that are popular here. I also really like them out of the slightly warm WA7 (which is less so with the new PSU) fed by a high-end DAC (and the Studio Six too, obviously). However "Get thee to a meet" is the best plan for helping make this kind of decision.

The MJ + GN isn't bright at all. But on it's own, I would classify the MJ as a "brighter" amp...the GN seems to compliment it that way. Together they're quite good.

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #1,136 of 4,158
  The MJ + GN isn't bright at all. But on it's own, I would classify the MJ as a "brighter" amp...the GN seems to compliment it that way. Together they're quite good.

Mac,

thanks for he clarification. After your initial post, I went back and listed to the Gungnir/Mojo stack with my LCD-XC and was plainly wondering where the brightness was ! The stack is very synergistic indeed.

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #1,137 of 4,158

Just got these beauties in from the local distributor in Singapore and am loving it so far!

Mar 29, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #1,138 of 4,158
I've had my pair of LCD-XCs for about 2 months now, and I'm really enjoying them.  I'd been on a quest for the perfect closed setup for a while (trying T5ps, ED8s), and think I've finally found it!  Been meaning to do a more detailed write-up review, but I thought I'd share some quick notes.  My setup is:

Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet for playback (JRiver Media Center / Foobar2000) 
NAD M51 DAC
Questyle CMA800R Amp

I don't have any particularly fancy cables.  I'm using USB in, and balanced from dac to amp.  So far, I am really loving the sound.  I was previously using the XCs with a Burson Conductor which has plenty of power (4wpc) but wasn't giving me the sound stage and instrument separation. With this setup, sounds amazing!  The highs are definitely there, but I haven't had any problems with brightness (whereas the T5p would kill me with this.)  The sound is intimate and clear.  I've been enjoying all types of music, but anything with guitar or prominent vocals really sings.  I can also throw on some Metallica and the cans can really rock.  Bass has not been a problem.  They are absolutely heavy, but I've gotten used to them.  Isolation is good enough that I can listen in bed (at low volume admittedly) while my wife goes to bed which is saying something!  The soundstage isn't quite what the t5ps have (which is just insane) but it's quite good.  Overall, I'm really really happy with this setup.  Been searching for a while, and this is the first time I can remember being more excited to use my gear than upgrade it! 

Anyway, hope these notes are useful.  At some point, I hope to do a deeper review - but if you have questions let me know! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back