AUDEZE LCD XC
Sep 2, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #2,806 of 4,151
Anyone knows what's the best option to replace stock earpads with thinner options? They are too tight for me. If I just slightly pull the pads out a little, the sound improves. Are the microsuede pads thinner profile?

Sep 2, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #2,807 of 4,151
Anyone knows what's the best option to replace stock earpads with thinner options? They are too tight for me. If I just slightly pull the pads out a little, the sound improves. Are the microsuede pads thinner profile?

The micro suede pads are thicker on mine. The problem with going to thinner pads is that the grill will touch your ears and begin to hurt after a while.

Sep 2, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #2,808 of 4,151
I find the vegan pads are more comfortable because they are softer and give more. Less pressure on the ears.

Sep 6, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #2,809 of 4,151
What is everyone driving the XC with transportably? I have been using Android OTG -> Centrance HIFI M8 -> XC for a while. It sounds really good, but I feel there are more potential to tap into. It's not as clear and dynamic as it should be. I don't have any high-end desktop setup, so it's hard to say, but I never listen sitting at my desk, so I don't want to invest in high end desktop setup yet. I only listen to the XC in bed at night after the kids are sleep :smile_phones:. I'm perfectly happy to upgrade from the M8 if it means better sound for the XC.

Sep 6, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #2,810 of 4,151
What is everyone driving the XC with transportably? I have been using Android OTG -> Centrance HIFI M8 -> XC for a while. It sounds really good, but I feel there are more potential to tap into. It's not as clear and dynamic as it should be. I don't have any high-end desktop setup, so it's hard to say, but I never listen sitting at my desk, so I don't want to invest in high end desktop setup yet. I only listen to the XC in bed at night after the kids are sleep :smile_phones:. I'm perfectly happy to upgrade from the M8 if it means better sound for the XC.

I use either my Sony NW-ZX2 or the ZX2/iPad Air/iPhone 6s into my Aurender Flow. The XCs sound good plugged directly into the ZX2 however the ZX2's amp does not have enough juice when I play older lossless tracks (i.e. Billy Joel's Greatest Hits 1 &2) that have been recorded at a lower volume level. No such problems if I use the Flow. With the Flow the sound is bigger and is more dynamic.so the XCs really benefit from the increased power but in a pinch can get by with the ZX2 and still sounds pretty good.

Sep 11, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #2,811 of 4,151
Was wondering...I have the 2016 LCD-X and I absolutely love it, my favorite headphone..Was wondering how would you'll compare the X to the XC..? I'm considering getting a pair of high end closed headphones, but was wondering if I should get the XC or something different so I won't have 2 similar pair of headphones..

Sep 11, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #2,812 of 4,151
I have never tried LCD-X. I had the LCD3. The XC is more neural compared to the 3. The 3 is a little warmer. XC is just perfectly toned for a pair of closed cans. Obviously you lose the sound stage and separation you get from a pair of open cans.

Sep 11, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #2,813 of 4,151
XC is a lot more closed in sound. Put both hands over the grills of your X and it will simulate somewhat. The tonality is a little different too, but the closed in soundstage is the most noticeable difference imo.

Sep 14, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #2,815 of 4,151
XC is a lot more closed in sound. Put both hands over the grills of your X and it will simulate somewhat. The tonality is a little different too, but the closed in soundstage is the most noticeable difference imo.
Putting hands over grills on an open headphone is not comparable to the LCD-XC. So I would say this is a false statement.

Sep 15, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #2,818 of 4,151
I have a pair from January 2016 and they're the updated 2016 drivers. Yours probably are also, but the only way to know for sure is to have Audeze check the serial number. I verified mine with them.

Sep 21, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #2,820 of 4,151
Just got my 2 Audeze LCD-XC returned from upgrade. It's not only updated elements, but they look brand new (shiny, clean and nice). Reduced mids; less boomy and more detailed bass; removed peak at 300Hz and dip around 8000Hz also seems to be good. This sounds really good; I really missed them :) One for home and one for the office. Big thanks to the Nordic distributor that did this for free! :)

They sound much closer to the Audeze LCD-4 (200 ohm edition); more open. Probably need to let them play for a few days - previous version took a while to get to its best.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back