Audeze LCD-X
Mar 1, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #6,031 of 12,748
I am sure they knew exactly what they were taking... it could even point to an inside job, perhaps an ex-employee or contractor or temp labor who knew where they stored the stuff and how to get in and out without tripping an alarm. someone from the after hours cleaning crew perhaps?

Mar 1, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #6,032 of 12,748
Just heard the news. It is just awful. 

With insurance, they will be ok. But still it has to feel very unsettling and demoralizing.

My thoughts are with you Audeze.

Now would be the time for anyone on the fence to order to show support for Audeze.

Mar 1, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #6,033 of 12,748
Might take a lot longer to fill your order though since typically with this sort of precision manufacturing you manufacture/machine the components in batches and then do you matching and assembling later. Hopefully they can spin the presses back up quickly without sacrificing quality.

Mar 1, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #6,034 of 12,748

With insurance, they will be ok. But still it has to feel very unsettling and demoralizing.

Now would be the time for anyone on the fence to order to show support for Audeze.

Yes, its very unfortunate for such a great company.  They never deserve this.  I've been considering the EL-8's closed back anyways so maybe it's time I can consider making an order soon.  :wink:

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #6,035 of 12,748

No it wouldn't. Those said people are on the fence for a reason - Audeze getting robbed shouldn't guilt-trip anybody into buying a premium priced headphone, and neither should somebody (you) try and guilt-trip other undecided users to do it as well.

This may crack the top 5 in the most ridiculous things I've ever read on this forum.

Audeze will be just fine. I'm not sure if you're hoping they will see your post and recognise that you're a more dedicated Audeze fan than the rest of us - but I assure you they won't.

My LCD x's arrive today or tomorrow - if only I'd waited and ordered them the day after the robbery instead!

Mar 2, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #6,036 of 12,748
No it wouldn't. Those said people are on the fence for a reason - Audeze getting robbed shouldn't guilt-trip anybody into buying a premium priced headphone, and neither should somebody (you) try and guilt-trip other undecided users to do it as well.

This may crack the top 5 in the most ridiculous things I've ever read on this forum.

Audeze will be just fine. I'm not sure if you're hoping they will see your post and recognise that you're a more dedicated Audeze fan than the rest of us - but I assure you they won't.

My LCD x's arrive today or tomorrow - if only I'd waited and ordered them the day after the robbery instead!

This is a small boutique business and this blow could kill them and If head-fiers want to support this company to go for it. Audeze is not a mega corporation and can not simply absorb this lost, till the real thieves, the insurance company decides to pay up. And I do not give a blazing rats arse if Audeze sees this post or not. I am doing this because it's the good thing to do.. and if kind hearted blokes want to help out, go for it.:)

Mar 2, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #6,037 of 12,748
This is a small boutique business and this blow could kill them and If head-fiers want to support this company to go for it. Audeze is not a mega corporation and can not simply absorb this lost, till the real thieves, the insurance company decides to pay up. And I do not give a blazing rats arse if Audeze sees this post or not. I am doing this because it's the good thing to do.. and if kind hearted blokes want to help out, go for it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ok- we get it - you're a better person than I, god speed.

To spend $2000 on a pair of headphones simply because the company has been robbed is absurd and should reside in the twilight zone.

I bought mine because I love them and want to support company - regardless of the recent incident.

The fact everyone is clambering over each other to look like the more dedicated supporter is hilarious

Mar 2, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #6,038 of 12,748

To spend $2000 on a pair of headphones simply because the company has been robbed is absurd and should reside in the twilight zone.

I bought mine because I love them and want to support company - regardless of the recent incident.

The fact everyone is clambering over each other to look like the more dedicated supporter is hilarious

No what is sad is people are so controlled by apathy, they loose their humanity. Nothing absurd helping someone who is hurt. What is hilarious is people are so apathetic, they can not pull their foot from their mouth. I hope your Audeze LCD X's put a smile on your face.

Mar 2, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #6,039 of 12,748

Let's not waste time on this kind of talk, pleeease!

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #6,040 of 12,748

I have enjoyed and respected your posts to date, potkettleblack. So I will assume you just had a bad day or lost your good sense momentarily for some reason.

I have no need for anyone to think anything about me. I am certainly not Audeze's biggest supporter. In fact I had a few discussions with them that started off good, then went downhill. To the point I almost didn't purchase. However, I got over it and went ahead. What I am is fair, to myself and others. And I'd like to consider myself, kind. When the chips are down, we can all use a little help.

What I suggested is that if anyone was on the fence, now would be a good time to order. I didn't suggest everyone run and buy just because Audeze has a problem. I stand by what I said.

I do believe it is a good time to show support - that is one of the powers of a community such as this. Togetherness, not cold heartedness. 

Your point may be that business is business so do what is most intelligent for you. And my point would be that behind the business are people. Just like you and me. People who are suffering. And if someone is on the fence, and the decision makes sense, this would indeed be a good time to order. 

I didn't post this for my benefit. Like you, I have already ordered. You will have yours before I have mine. Some people don't get compassion, and if that's you, so be it. But don't ridicule us for wanting to support a business whose products we love. 

No what is sad is people are so controlled by apathy, they loose their humanity. Nothing absurd helping someone who is hurt. What is hilarious is people are so apathetic, they can not pull their foot from their mouth. I hope your Audeze LCD X's put a smile on your face.

Well said, Reddog. I'm smiling in anticipation of mine arriving.

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #6,041 of 12,748

Try reading the second to last line I posted again and tell me I'm being apathetic (with a straight face)

I have no time for pseudo freedom fighters and the morally vein - especially those who are quick condemn others for not doing as much as them in times like this, in an attempt to look like better human beings.

It causes the same reaction to me as being force-fed a chocolate cake.

And please don't misquote me, or imply I mean something when I don't - it's a very wicked thing to do.

I never said there was anything absurd about helping people that are hurt, and I never would.

But you already knew that didn't you.

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #6,042 of 12,748
  I have enjoyed and respected your posts to date, potkettleblack. So I will assume you just had a bad day or lost your good sense momentarily for some reason.

I have no need for anyone to think anything about me. I am certainly not Audeze's biggest supporter. In fact I had a few discussions with them that started off good, then went downhill. To the point I almost didn't purchase. However, I got over it and went ahead. What I am is fair, to myself and others. And I'd like to consider myself, kind. When the chips are down, we can all use a little help.

What I suggested is that if anyone was on the fence, now would be a good time to order. I didn't suggest everyone run and buy just because Audeze has a problem. I stand by what I said.

I do believe it is a good time to show support - that is one of the powers of a community such as this. Togetherness, not cold heartedness. 

Your point may be that business is business so do what is most intelligent for you. And my point would be that behind the business are people. Just like you and me. People who are suffering. And if someone is on the fence, and the decision makes sense, this would indeed be a good time to order. 

I didn't post this for my benefit. Like you, I have already ordered. You will have yours before I have mine. Some people don't get compassion, and if that's you, so be it. But don't ridicule us for wanting to support a business whose products we love. 

Well said, Reddog. I'm smiling in anticipation of mine arriving.

Oh stop - you still enjoy my posts.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 2, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #6,043 of 12,748

I was thinking the same thing. I only just recently realized my desire to upgrade to the LCD-X because I still enjoy my LCD 2.2. Hearing this news makes me want to get to it sooner than later.

Mar 2, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #6,044 of 12,748
I was thinking the same thing. I only just recently realized my desire to upgrade to the LCD-X because I still enjoy my LCD 2.2. Hearing this news makes me want to get to it sooner than later.

Well said sir. I will be getting a pair of LCD-X later this year, though I am tempted by the LCD-3's.
On another note I would very much like to hear a comparison/ contrast between the LCD-2.2's and the LCD-X's.

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #6,045 of 12,748
Well said sir. I will be getting a pair of LCD-X later this year, though I am tempted by the LCD-3's.
On another note I would very much like to hear a comparison/ contrast between the LCD-2.2's and the LCD-X's.

Me probably too, but it's hard for me to decide between X and 3s. Would be interested in comparison between X and 3, too. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back