Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Nov 17, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #4,486 of 4,801
Big time. They don’t necessarily need a lot of voltage but they need a lot of current which I don’t think the Qudelix can provide particularly for transients.
I'd have to try them on my system tomorrow then, haven't had the opportunity to do that yet. Been enjoying the portable factor so much! Also big thanks to @RPKwan for giving the 'tips' tip :wink:

Had those ordered before i4 arrived. Great fit.

Nov 17, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #4,488 of 4,801
Nov 18, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #4,489 of 4,801
Computer >> WA11 Topaz >> LCD i4 is where I'm at now. I can change it up. I can also engage the Audeze plug-in inside of Roon to see if it helps.
Since you’ve tried the Audeze plugin in Roon, don’t forget that you can also play with the “wetness” of the plugin. I find that 75% wet gives the best sound on my desktop system. Or else you can also try the following EQ:

B822A280-2D7C-4D83-96DC-339F0CD7745A.png

Nov 21, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #4,491 of 4,801
I’d be curious to hear your thoughts. What is your desktop set up?
I don't have One! I love portable factor and that's why I focus on IEM and BT DAC.

I was thinking of getting Roon and applying Reveal but then decided to give Poweramp Equalizer as try and I'm very happy now. That and increased output of my Galaxy Tablet is more than enough.

I'll look to buy Mojo2 at some point. What does yours look like?

Nov 21, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #4,492 of 4,801
I don't have One! I love portable factor and that's why I focus on IEM and BT DAC.

I was thinking of getting Roon and applying Reveal but then decided to give Poweramp Equalizer as try and I'm very happy now. That and increased output of my Galaxy Tablet is more than enough.

I'll look to buy Mojo2 at some point. What does yours look like?
My desktop set up, which is primarily where I listen to them, is an RME ADI-2 DAC. I am considering adding either a Burson Soloist or Singxer SA-1 for that added class A warmth and all the current I could ever need. I think the RME can give them enough power but for my Diana V2, LCD-3 and Arya I feel like I am currently doing them all a bit of a disservice.

Nov 22, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #4,493 of 4,801
My desktop set up, which is primarily where I listen to them, is an RME ADI-2 DAC. I am considering adding either a Burson Soloist or Singxer SA-1 for that added class A warmth and all the current I could ever need. I think the RME can give them enough power but for my Diana V2, LCD-3 and Arya I feel like I am currently doing them all a bit of a disservice.
That's awesome 🙏. I just purchased the new FIIO K7 to make my journey towards a desk setup. My wife is getting angry as I've been eyeing U12t for a long time now, and with Black Friday 20% off sale I really want to get it, but she insists me to stop looking as it is destroying our Hawaii travel budget 🤣

U12t will have to wait until next BF, for sure.

Thus, settling on FIIO. 😜

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #4,494 of 4,801
Yeah . . . and the i4 and Euclid are even further apart :)

That said, I haven't found anything that I find to be a good complement to the i4. For me the coherence and technicalities of the planar drivers just sound better than any multi driver earphone I've tried.
I find the KSE1200 to be a really good compliment to it. However, it isn't nearly as convenient.

Dec 6, 2022 at 8:06 PM Post #4,495 of 4,801
I like the i4 using the Qudelix w/EQ. I was wondering if anyone had found anything better, though? I sort of wish the Questyle M15 had PEQ. The Hugo w/2Go works well, but not on the go. I'm hoping Roon will add DSP into their new ARC app, then I can use whatever hardware I want.

Dec 6, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #4,496 of 4,801
I like the i4 using the Qudelix w/EQ. I was wondering if anyone had found anything better, though? I sort of wish the Questyle M15 had PEQ. The Hugo w/2Go works well, but not on the go. I'm hoping Roon will add DSP into their new ARC app, then I can use whatever hardware I want.
If you like the Hugo/2Go would you consider Mojo2/Poly? Not a PEQ, but I’m finding it enough to get the sound I’m after in different settings (outdoors, silent room, work office) and Audeze did say the OG Mojo was one of the testing dac/amps during the i4 design and testing.

Dec 7, 2022 at 12:29 AM Post #4,497 of 4,801
If you like the Hugo/2Go would you consider Mojo2/Poly? Not a PEQ, but I’m finding it enough to get the sound I’m after in different settings (outdoors, silent room, work office) and Audeze did say the OG Mojo was one of the testing dac/amps during the i4 design and testing.
I thought the Mojo2 had something like a 3 band PEQ? It gives me hope that maybe the next Hugo could take convolution filters or something...yeah right...but at least more bands for EQ.

Back on topic,, I sorta put the Mojo in the same size category as the Hugo. Something like the Qudelix/BTR7/QuestyleM15 is great for walking around with.

edit. Why hasn't anyone made an amp/eq that attaches to an iPhone using MagSafe? It can still be used on phones without it, and it'd be so easy to carry. Could also be much larger than the current dongles without really adding bulk.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2022 at 2:00 AM Post #4,498 of 4,801
I thought the Mojo2 had something like a 3 band PEQ? It gives me hope that maybe the next Hugo could take convolution filters or something...yeah right...but at least more bands for EQ.

Back on topic,, I sorta put the Mojo in the same size category as the Hugo. Something like the Qudelix/BTR7/QuestyleM15 is great for walking around with.

edit. Why hasn't anyone made an amp/eq that attaches to an iPhone using MagSafe? It can still be used on phones without it, and it'd be so easy to carry. Could also be much larger than the current dongles without really adding bulk.
Mojo2/Poly fits in my jeans pocket. As a result it gets a lot of use out and about. 4 bands of EQ but you can’t set it like a PEQ. It’s an effective solution.

Dec 7, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #4,499 of 4,801
Someone has.
Look for Khadas Tea.
https://www.khadas.com/tea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back