Audeze LCD-GX vs SteelSeries Arctis Pro + Game Dac vs Astro A40Tr + Mix Amp

What Headphones would you suggest between?

• SteelSeries Arctis Pro + Game DAC For PS4 (No Hi-Res Audio)

• Astro A40TR with Mix Amp

• Audeze LCD-GX with a DAC/AMP Compatible for PS4

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 9, 2019 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

FreshData

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, So this is my first post but I would really appreciate your help with this...

I'm very interested to see what the Audeze LCD-GX are capable of and the overall quality. Would anyone be able to recommend a combined DAC/AMP that would be optimal and be compatible to use for Playstation 4? Eventually PS5 and PC. One required feature I would need to have in the DAC/AMP is to be able to adjust the ratio of game volume and chat volume audio separately. (Check out the Astro A40 Mix amp or Steelseries game DAC as a reference)

https://www.astrogaming.ca/mixamps/MIXAMP-TR.html?dwvar_MIXAMP-TR_color=Black#start=1 (Game/Voice Balancing)

https://steelseries.com/gaming-accessories/gamedac (Chat Mix)

Also on a side note I had just purchased a pair of the Steelseries Arctis Pro + Game DAC, Does anyone have any experience with this head set? I have only had them for about a week and so far i'm not impressed at all. first off I find the sound stage shallow and kind of tin can like and 2nd of all I keep getting audio distortion/crackling while playing ps4 (both game noise and chat). I have followed all of the proper setup instructions, upgraded my cables, updated firmware etc.. I had issues with them right out of the box. Steelseries seems to be pretty useless in assisting me with the proplem. They don't have over the phone customer support. I did create a help ticket on their website but the the guy simply suggested I try to use them on a PC to see if the problem still exists.. I told him I dont have a PC at the moment and I haven't heard back from anyone for a few days. Also from what I have been reading a lot of people have been having the same issues with audio distortion/crackling... Maybe i'm better off just returning them and sticking with my Astro A40TR + Mix amp until the Audeze LCD-GX are released... (Thoughts/Suggestions are very welcome). I am also fully aware that I could get Studio grade headphones, and buy a separate mic and build my own headphones for gaming.. however I just prefer to have the all in one option (just my personal preference).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back