Audeze LCD-5 - The all new Audeze Flagship
Sep 20, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #62 of 167
The headphone market has gone to pot. 4.5k? I'm not envious of those who can afford it as I'm very happy with my original Focal Clears. But 4.5k? How things have changed in the last 10 years.

Sep 21, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #63 of 167
The headphone market has gone to pot. 4.5k? I'm not envious of those who can afford it as I'm very happy with my original Focal Clears. But 4.5k? How things have changed in the last 10 years.

4.5k is the new 1.5k. Every significant release the past month has been 4k+ (Stealth, Elite, not this) and that's only what I look at.

Sep 21, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #65 of 167
I wonder if the price increases are due to inflation and the shortage of components/parts, not that these companies would admit to it. With that said, I'm in the same camp as the non-FOMO group, as the $1.5k area of headphones were the ones that caused impulse buys, not the almost near 5k after taxes. It's great these companies are innovating, as those patents and innovations will trickle down to the lower-priced brackets. However, it's nice to see a few companies out there still releasing IEMs and headphones that aren't pushing near or over the 5k range.

Sep 21, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #66 of 167
I wonder if the price increases are due to inflation and the shortage of components/parts, not that these companies would admit to it. With that said, I'm in the same camp as the non-FOMO group, as the $1.5k area of headphones were the ones that caused impulse buys, not the almost near 5k after taxes. It's great these companies are innovating, as those patents and innovations will trickle down to the lower-priced brackets. However, it's nice to see a few companies out there still releasing IEMs and headphones that aren't pushing near or over the 5k range.
I think it’s also psychological, in a Hifiman sort of way. The LCD-5 has to cost more than the LCD-4 because if it didn’t, people wouldn’t assume it was better. It’s like Hifiman pricing the Susvara at $6K because “it sounds good”

Sep 21, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #67 of 167
It’s all good. Just like Lamborghinis are not made to be owned and consumed by me, TOTL headphones aren’t for you and that’s okay.

Sep 22, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #68 of 167
Audeze website now states that the LCD4 is out of stock and no longer available: No longer available. Please see the LCD-5 or LCD-4z.
That’s sad. I wonder why the kept the 4z but not the regular 4. I’d have assumed they’d sell way more LCD-4s than 4Zs based on what I see people owning in their posts.

I wonder if they’ll still offer the option of the high impedance driver in the 4Z chassis.

Sep 22, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #69 of 167
That’s sad. I wonder why the kept the 4z but not the regular 4. I’d have assumed they’d sell way more LCD-4s than 4Zs based on what I see people owning in their posts.

I wonder if they’ll still offer the option of the high impedance driver in the 4Z chassis.
I would not run a $4000 low-impedance h/p off a portable device while commuting. I enjoy the OTL / high-impedance hp listening experience at home.

Sep 22, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #70 of 167
I think it’s also psychological, in a Hifiman sort of way. The LCD-5 has to cost more than the LCD-4 because if it didn’t, people wouldn’t assume it was better. It’s like Hifiman pricing the Susvara at $6K because “it sounds good”

Exactly, and that absolutely goes into the factoring of a price and positioning of a product. It's unfortunate really.

I do share the same frustration many have. The prices overall have ballooned ridiculously and it's not going to change any time soon, not with the market being what it is. However, we have to also acknowledge that many of these brands have plenty of lower priced models as well. (I know that doesn't alleviate the frustration many have though)

Sep 22, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #71 of 167

I think your right, that the LCD4 may still be competition to the LCD5, so discontinue LCD4 and force sales of LCD5 or 4Zs

Sep 22, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #73 of 167

The simple answer is that certain parts of the LCD-4 are incredibly hard to get so we've shifted to other products for the time being.

As for the higher impedance on 4Z chassis, we have no current plans for that at the moment.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 23, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #75 of 167
As for the higher impedance on 4Z chassis, we have no current plans for that at the moment.
I still do not really understand the resistance to this idea, considering I have heard it is possible to directly custom-order that combination.

It certainly feels like many customers would appreciate the mag option due to the weight advantage, even if it is a made-to-order item with longer lead time. But I am not a businessperson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back