Audeze LCD-4z - Impressions Thread
May 5, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #871 of 2,477
I have shoulder and neck ache after 3-4hours of listening

But no issue with headband tho..

=/

The problem with the neck ache, as I recall from the LCD-2CB, is that it doesn't go away 15 min or 1 hour after setting in. It lingers a while. And then you are unable to enjoy the headphones the next time you put them on, because you think about that pain even before it comes.

May 5, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #872 of 2,477
The problem with the neck ache, as I recall from the LCD-2CB, is that it doesn't go away 15 min or 1 hour after setting in. It lingers a while. And then you are unable to enjoy the headphones the next time you put them on, because you think about that pain even before it comes.

I woke up the next day and it’s still aching =(

May 5, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #873 of 2,477
Never had any problems with any of my LCD headphones ever with neck ache. I really cannot understand how anyone could possibly have any issues with just wearing a headphone. These things don't weigh 25 lbs after all. Now clamping pressure, hot spots on top of head, stuff like that, ABSOLUTELY can see that. The old style headband would sometimes give me really uncomfortable hot spots on top. Especially after having worn them for 10 hours straight. But weight making my neck hurt? Just can't see that at all. I think for that to happen, I would have to be trying to support 40 or 50 lbs on my head for hours on end to even begin to make my neck truly hurt as described. 650 grams is really nothing far as weight.

May 5, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #874 of 2,477
Last edited:
May 5, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #876 of 2,477
I only demoed the lcd4 for a short time, like 20 minutes. In that time I got a serious neck ache. I couldn’t handle them. The 4z I wear for 2 hrs at a time with no problem.

I can do 2hrs no problem but 3-4 starts being an issue

Well I guess I should take a break from work after 2hrs anyhow..

Hopefully I get used to it and not have aches after a couple weeks else I guess the X has to be replaced

May 5, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #877 of 2,477
Never had any problems with any of my LCD headphones ever with neck ache. I really cannot understand how anyone could possibly have any issues with just wearing a headphone. These things don't weigh 25 lbs after all. Now clamping pressure, hot spots on top of head, stuff like that, ABSOLUTELY can see that. The old style headband would sometimes give me really uncomfortable hot spots on top. Especially after having worn them for 10 hours straight. But weight making my neck hurt? Just can't see that at all. I think for that to happen, I would have to be trying to support 40 or 50 lbs on my head for hours on end to even begin to make my neck truly hurt as described. 650 grams is really nothing far as weight.

I think it has something to with in what occasions we use them. Some people just listen to music and relax. Some others use them while they work like typing, reading, and etc. Depending on one's posture in various positions, the law of gravity may or may not be an issue with 600g.

But you can wear them 10 hours straight. You must be doing shrugs on a regular basis

May 5, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #878 of 2,477
I think it has something to with in what occasions we use them. Some people just listen to music and relax. Some others use them while they work like typing, reading, and etc. Depending on one's posture in various positions, the law of gravity may or may not be an issue with 600g.

But you can wear them 10 hours straight. You must be doing shrugs on a regular basis

Hahaha yeah I use them while working..

May 5, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #879 of 2,477

Nope. No dedicated neck exercise whatsoever. Never had any problem with any of my LCD headphones.

May 5, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #880 of 2,477
I have owned the lcd-3, 4 and 4z and never found them to be difficult to wear....they are heavy but well distributed and the 4z is lighter than the 4...all in a great HP

May 5, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #881 of 2,477
I have owned the lcd-3, 4 and 4z and never found them to be difficult to wear....they are heavy but well distributed and the 4z is lighter than the 4...all in a great HP

You still own the 4Z? if yes, where do you rank them against the Abyss or other heaphones,

May 5, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #882 of 2,477
just sold them but loved them.....simply couldnt afford to keep so many TOTL HP's.....abyss and susvara 1a and 1b.....

May 6, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #884 of 2,477
I know its not optimal, since Audeze should actually make it an actual suspensionband.. but you can just shorten the leather yourself by couple milimeters and make new holes for the screws..

May 6, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #885 of 2,477
I am not that sensitive to the weight but I do find that I wear my Audeze HP’s less than my Hifiman, because of their comfort and weight. While I do think the 4z and the MX4 are steps in the right direction, I think Audeze has to try and make comfort a bigger priority, especially for their less expensive HP’s. This thread is an example of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back