Audeze LCD-4z - Impressions Thread
Jun 22, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #976 of 2,477
I had these with a hugo 2 and mscaler. They sounded really good and are not power hungry. The mids are thicker than the empyrean and I feel like there is a bit more air with the 4z. I can tell you that when I sold them to finance a speaker upgrade I regretted it almost immediately.

I was really wanting to buy them again but I picked up the ab1266 phi tc. To me the abyss stands above both the LCD4Z and empyrean in almost all regards. The empyrean is lighter and more comfortable. Both also have thicker mids than the abyss. The abyss is faster than both the LCD4Z and empyrean and has a much larger sound stage .

I would recommend auditioning g both the empyrean and LCD4Z before making a purchase. They are both great cans. If you can stretch maybe give the abyss a listen too they do need more power to shine though. It takes some trial to get the fit right too.
Thanks for the reply I really appreciate the feedback! When you say mids are thicker what does that mean in layman's terms? Also what would having more air mean? Sorry I'm a bit of a rookie, just looking for the best headphones possible to drive from a Hugo 2 and my smartphone or laptop:D

Jun 22, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #977 of 2,477
@Zeleni Zec
@Audeze

Can you guys list the weight to each and every single LCD headphone on your own webpage?

edited... :p

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #978 of 2,477
@Zeleni Zec
@Audeze

Can you guys list the weight to each and every single LCD headphone on your own webpage?

Example, you guys mention and go on how the 4z is 20% lighter and blah blah blah. Or other headphones are light weight. But never mention/list the exact weight! And everyone in their mind thinks wow it might be 400g or less? And everyone trying to figure out how much these overweight headphones weight. It should not be up to the customer to go home and weight these headphones!

I am surprise that for 10 years you guys are shy and ashamed about your obesity? Why dont you guys just admit it already that Audeze headphones are overweight and fat? Are you guys afraid and scared that you might be made fun of because of your weight and no one will buy it base on that? So-what?

Embraced your weight class. Audeze are overweight fat-so's. Be proud and list your weight! This should be Audeze No.1 main goal. Forget your new GX headphone and your secret eStats headphone coming up. I want that listed weight division!

Thx
Pro

Oooo Audeze is developing an electrostatic hp? :O Where did you hear that?

Jun 22, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #979 of 2,477
What is needed is for peeps to stop the biotching about weight. If ya dont like the weight, BUY SOMETHING ELSE. The endless belly-aching about the weight gets really old. Stop it already.

Jun 22, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #980 of 2,477
@Zeleni Zec
@Audeze

Example, you guys mention and go on how the 4z is 20% lighter and blah blah blah. Or other headphones are light weight. But never mention/list the exact weight! And everyone in their mind thinks wow it might be 400g or less? And everyone trying to figure out how much these overweight headphones weight. It should not be up to the customer to go home and weight these headphones!

I am surprise that for 10 years you guys are shy and ashamed about your obesity? Why dont you guys just admit it already that Audeze headphones are overweight and fat? Are you guys afraid and scared that you might be made fun of because of your weight and no one will buy it base on that? So-what?

Embraced your weight class. Audeze are overweight fat-so's. Be proud and list your weight! This should be Audeze No.1 main goal. Forget your new GX headphone and your secret eStats headphone coming up. I want that listed weight division!

Thx
Pro

Help me here, I am a little confused : are you really interested in Audeze headphones, or you just needed some platform from which to let off some steam by insulting people with weight problems? Do you have some unresolved issues with people who fit that description?

Jun 22, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #981 of 2,477
@Zeleni Zec
@Audeze

Thx
Pro

http://www.audeze.com/support#suppot_how_to_help

Jun 23, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #982 of 2,477
Help me here, I am a little confused : are you really interested in Audeze headphones, or you just needed some platform from which to let off some steam by insulting people with weight problems? Do you have some unresolved issues with people who fit that description?

Not insulting? Who to insult? Didnt know that LCD4 was a person? Is LCD a race? and the numbers people? I think i am getting confuse here.

I need the dang website to list the weight spec! They on purpose refuse to list it.

Jun 23, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #983 of 2,477
@Zeleni Zec
@Audeze

edited... :p

Nice try... I got your sense of humor the first time... I just wasn't laughing, but I hope your problem with the headphones get sorted. I personally don't have any issues with the weights, but I know others do.

Jun 23, 2019 at 12:33 AM Post #984 of 2,477
Nice try... I got your sense of humor the first time... I just wasn't laughing, but I hope your problem with the headphones get sorted. I personally don't have any issues with the weights, but I know others do.

It wasnt suppose to be funny. I am actually serious here. They need to list the weight. I am being serious!

You know how many times I got asked about the 4z weight and I thought it was 400g. And some said wow thats light and said thank god its not at 600g. And I reply well I think its 400g. Feels like it.

Went home and got the scale because Audeze refuse to do this for me and weigh it. Oh dang the 4z is 600g. Piss me off.

Jun 23, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #985 of 2,477
It wasnt suppose to be funny. I am actually serious here. They need to list the weight. I am being serious!

You know how many times I got asked about the 4z weight and I thought it was 400g. And some said wow thats light and said thank god its not at 600g. And I reply well I think its 400g. Feels like it.

Went home and got the scale because Audeze refuse to do this for me and weigh it. Oh dang the 4z is 600g. Piss me off.

I never found Audeze's weight to be a big issue, but once you wear a headphone that weighs 350g it does make a significant difference. But Audeze could be a bit more transparent and list the weights. I remember when i was looking up the 4Z's weight and i only found the answer in someone's review :/

Anyway.... i'm more interested in hearing about this Audeze electrostatic :wink:

Jun 23, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #986 of 2,477
Thanks for the reply I really appreciate the feedback! When you say mids are thicker what does that mean in layman's terms? Also what would having more air mean? Sorry I'm a bit of a rookie, just looking for the best headphones possible to drive from a Hugo 2 and my smartphone or laptop:D

The thicker mids to me would be that there is a little bit more in terms of quantity the empyrean to me just has a little bit less. The empyrean doesn't have recessed mid I would say they are just a little flatter through the frequency range. In regards to air the upper treble of the 4Z is just there a bit more. You get a bit more detail with the 4Z. I do think the sound stage islarger on the empyrean and attribute this to the less forwards mid presentation.

Jun 23, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #987 of 2,477
The thicker mids to me would be that there is a little bit more in terms of quantity the empyrean to me just has a little bit less. The empyrean doesn't have recessed mid I would say they are just a little flatter through the frequency range. In regards to air the upper treble of the 4Z is just there a bit more. You get a bit more detail with the 4Z. I do think the sound stage islarger on the empyrean and attribute this to the less forwards mid presentation.
So the 4z would be better if I wanted the mids and vocals to be closer to my ears in presentation instead of hearing them further from the "stage"?

Jun 24, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #990 of 2,477
Nice I think I'm going to have to pull the trigger on these instead of the empyrean!:xf_eek: any portable amp recommendations everyone??

Hugo 2 is very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back