Audeze LCD-4z - Impressions Thread
May 12, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #1,591 of 2,479
can I see I photo of the cables you got. Can you describe how they sound?
My favorite cable with the 4z is the Wywires Platinum. I think it slightly edges out the S3 with better bass and dynamics while also providing excellent imaging. Both cables are light but the S3 is more flexible. I recommend going to their websites for photos and more information.

May 13, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #1,592 of 2,479
Do you guys think it’s worth buying new with the two year warranty or wait for them to come up second hand. I’m from the U.K..

Will they work well with the chord mojo or would a dedicated amp and dac improve the sound ?

May 13, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #1,593 of 2,479
I have the MX4 which is a cross between the X and the 4. It's supposed to be really good but I found it ok. It's nice with the Reveal+ plugin setup with individual HRTF through Embody. Sounds more lifelike as in loudspeaker presentation but still lacks the really deep bass of my subs.

Just one nitpick. One of the mini-XLRs is stuck and I haven't been able to get it out. I only use gentle force but is there any trick to this to get it out safely?

May 13, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #1,594 of 2,479
I have the MX4 which is a cross between the X and the 4. It's supposed to be really good but I found it ok. It's nice with the Reveal+ plugin setup with individual HRTF through Embody. Sounds more lifelike as in loudspeaker presentation but still lacks the really deep bass of my subs.

Just one nitpick. One of the mini-XLRs is stuck and I haven't been able to get it out. I only use gentle force but is there any trick to this to get it out safely?
I have the 4z..but what is this audeze reveal? And what is embody and how does it work?

May 14, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #1,597 of 2,479
Well I learned what it was, what can I ask.. Does it do the hrtf right? Is it really awesome at 200$?

It's decent. It certainly feels more like listening to speakers.

OTOH, I am still trying to get the mXLR plug out and it isn't coming out. I try gently and am worried that I'll damage it. Surely there must be a way to remove the plug safely and gently but I guess I'm just not having much luck.

May 14, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #1,598 of 2,479
It's decent. It certainly feels more like listening to speakers.

OTOH, I am still trying to get the mXLR plug out and it isn't coming out. I try gently and am worried that I'll damage it. Surely there must be a way to remove the plug safely and gently but I guess I'm just not having much luck.
Pull the mini XLR firmly along the axis of the connector straight out while holding the headphone firmly. Don’t put any bending moment force into the connection. You should be fine pulling it hard but straight out with no bending force. I’ve had a few cables that were difficult to remove and that’s what I’ve done to remove them.

May 14, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #1,600 of 2,479
nope

May 14, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #1,601 of 2,479
I read something about having to put on and remove the lcd slowly to not damage driver, is this true
I’ve never taken any special precautions removing my 4z or any other Audeze headphone that I owned.

May 14, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #1,602 of 2,479
I’ve never taken any special precautions removing my 4z or any other Audeze headphone that I owned.

Audeze recommends that you do, or you could break them:

we strongly recommend exercising certain cautions when handling planar magnetic headphones: trapped air can create high pressure and sudden pressure changes could damage the diaphragms, and this is not covered by warranty. The same is true when you put the headphones on or take them off-- it's not a good idea to press them hard and fast against the head, so we recommend slow and steady movement to allow the air pressure to stabilize.
https://www.audeze.com/pages/audeze-support

May 14, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #1,604 of 2,479
I read something about having to put on and remove the lcd slowly to not damage driver, is this true
You can handle them as you would any other headphone. What we advice against doing is pushing the ear cups hard against the ears or a flat surface. We design the driver and earpads to provide a very good seal and there is no where for the trapped air to go other than pushing against the ultra thin diapragm. There is no real reason to do this.

Pushing the earcups slightly to adjust them while putting them on or taking them off is still fine. Just avoid sudden and hard forces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back