Audeze LCD-4
Mar 20, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #10,367 of 11,994
I still have mine, reterminated with Furutechs on both ends. It’s one of my favorite cables for bass with the LCD-4, MX4, & 4z, and I have much more expensive cables.
There is a YouTube video made a yr ago Were this dude auditioned his buddy's (who is a music producer) Lcd-4 , lcd3 , lcd2 and when he got to the 4's the owner said out of all the after market cables he tried the OG blue cables sounded best.

Mar 20, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #10,368 of 11,994
out of all the after market cables he tried the OG blue cables sounded best.
Just a quick thought - more of a question, really: didn't the OG blue cables ship with the initial batch of LCD-4 that had the 100-ohm drivers? I mention this in case the switch to the 200-ohm drivers prompted Audeze to change the cables as well. I don't know if this is the case or not, and, sorry, I'm too lazy to go back in this thread to see if this actually happened (fwiw, I think the new, updated drivers hit the market around page 80 of this thread).

I'm not sure if different cables would be needed for drivers with difference impedances... I'm just thinking out loud. Sorry if this is irrelevant or unimportant.

Mar 20, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #10,369 of 11,994
There is a YouTube video made a yr ago Were this dude auditioned his buddy's (who is a music producer) Lcd-4 , lcd3 , lcd2 and when he got to the 4's the owner said out of all the after market cables he tried the OG blue cables sounded best.
This doesn’t surprise me. I’ve tried over a dozen cables for my Audezes (cables from $100-$1000+), and this is the only cable I couldn’t let go of.

Mar 20, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #10,371 of 11,994
Just a quick thought - more of a question, really: didn't the OG blue cables ship with the initial batch of LCD-4 that had the 100-ohm drivers? I mention this in case the switch to the 200-ohm drivers prompted Audeze to change the cables as well. I don't know if this is the case or not, and, sorry, I'm too lazy to go back in this thread to see if this actually happened (fwiw, I think the new, updated drivers hit the market around page 80 of this thread).

I'm not sure if different cables would be needed for drivers with difference impedances... I'm just thinking out loud. Sorry if this is irrelevant or unimportant.
Yea I believe the blues shipped with the 100ohms lcd-4 and dumped when the 200ohms releases as for different cables for different drivers I think that irreverent.

Mar 24, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #10,372 of 11,994

I agree.. most organic and linear sounding of all the cables I’ve tried with the LCD4. They’re cryo treated, and that seems to add a realism to the sound.

Mar 24, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #10,374 of 11,994
Please link for this cable?
You can't get them anymore. Audeze did a run of LCD-4 with them, back in 2016, the first run. They then switched the the current cable (black and white.)

I wouldn't worry about it too much, I had an LCD-4 with both cables, and didn't hear any real difference to be honest. I don't think it's something worth giving mythical status (such as other similar things which become unavailable and tend to get a bit overblown - 4 screw HE6, DMS Pads etc...) as something that will drastically improve the LCD-4's performance. It was just a good, well put together cable.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 9:48 PM Post #10,375 of 11,994
You can't get them anymore. Audeze did a run of LCD-4 with them, back in 2016, the first run. They then switched the the current cable (black and white.)

I wouldn't worry about it too much, I had an LCD-4 with both cables, and didn't hear any real difference to be honest. I don't think it's something worth giving mythical status (such as other similar things which become unavailable and tend to get a bit overblown - 4 screw HE6, DMS Pads etc...) as something that will drastically improve the LCD-4's performance. It was just a good, well put together cable.

You think that is will be better to upgrade the stock cable for the LCD-4 and 5?

Mar 24, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #10,376 of 11,994
You think that is will be better to upgrade the stock cable for the LCD-4 and 5?
I personally would just use whatever they come with, both are good cables. Others prefer aftermarket cables. YMMV.

Mar 24, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #10,377 of 11,994

Some 200ohm models shipped with the blue cable. Audeze shipped them till they ran out, then switched to the black and white braided model.

Mar 24, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #10,379 of 11,994
I still have my OG blue cable. Had it reterminated with Furutechs on both ends. Still use it!

Attachments

• DC425E00-BD97-452A-A20E-CA85AE7D1A26.jpeg
    DC425E00-BD97-452A-A20E-CA85AE7D1A26.jpeg
    847.3 KB · Views: 0
Mar 24, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #10,380 of 11,994

Users who are viewing this thread

Back