Audeze LCD-4
Jul 20, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #5,915 of 11,994
SAM_0147.JPG
SAM_0143.JPG
After long deliberation, and doubt between the audeze and the he1000, i finally made the choice for the lcd4s.
First impressions are very positive, its so organic and real. Thanks all.

Jul 20, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #5,916 of 11,994
Those little fur balls on the outside don't stand a chance:)

Jul 23, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #5,917 of 11,994
I had a chance to listen to the LCD 4's and loved them (thanks to user ufospls2). However, I had to take them off quick as my current budget is 'only' looking for the 800s. however the HE1000s seem to be maybe the next step. I have the LCD 2s and the HD 6XX's, and while I like the LCD2s, I often love the "musical" feel of the 6XX's, which leads me to wonder what I'm missing from the 800S's.

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #5,919 of 11,994
I have the LCD-4 / Chord Mojo for a few months now and I enjoy them very much. Now - the headband creates a bit of pressure on my head and the LCD-4 becomes uncomfortable after awhile. It's not a big issue as I can take them off for 15 minutes (every 1 / 1.5 hours) then everything is fine. Is this a problem for others too? If I change the level on the yoke to enlarge them, this problem goes away but the headphone just doesn't feel "right" (seems to sit too low on my head)...
Anyway - I am impressed with the LCD-4, it is a fine headphone.

Jul 23, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #5,920 of 11,994
Get the HEK over yet 800S if you had been thinking of the LCD4. Excellent soundstage as well, but better bass. No piercing treble, if you are sensitive to that.

Would you guys suggest possibly saving for the Aybyss? The ratings on here have been amazing for it. I know its another jump $$ wise but it seems like they blow both the HEK and the 800S out of the water. I do understand though there is diminishing returns at this point.

Jul 24, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #5,921 of 11,994
Would you guys suggest possibly saving for the Aybyss? The ratings on here have been amazing for it. I know its another jump $$ wise but it seems like they blow both the HEK and the 800S out of the water. I do understand though there is diminishing returns at this point.

Personally I am not impressed by the JPS Labs Abyss AB 1266 measurements nor do I like the looks. The Senny 800s and LCD-4 are both fine headphones imo but they are very different...

Jul 24, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #5,922 of 11,994
As a side bar I have the susvara on loan for a week and own 800S, in my limited and humble opinion at this refrence level of 2000-6000$ hp, no one can blows anyone out of the water. Some cans have a bit more this to a bit more that and this or that my be more to your liking. If $ are of no concern get em all. While I'm not finished my listening that I'll post in the susvara thread, the 800S is an amazing can and if you are concerned about $ is hard to beat, but it does have a particular sig. the susvara like a fine borollo tho just gets better in the decanter the longer you listen.
I would love to home test lcd4, that will be next.

Jul 24, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #5,923 of 11,994
Thanks for the feedback. I got caught up in some of the reviews I had read for the Abyss. Was disappointed when I missed on a couple sales on like new HD800S here on this site at a price I felt was fair to jump in and try them. After the Abyss excitement faded for a bit, reality hit where $ do matter. Just am very curious of what else is out there and what it sounds like. I guess I'm understanding how easy it is to fall into this hobby. I should just focus on taking it slow and enjoying it! Another user on here told me it is a marathon, not a race. Need to keep remembering that advice! :)

Thanks to everyone in this thread for your feedback.

Jul 25, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #5,924 of 11,994
Thanks for the feedback. I got caught up in some of the reviews I had read for the Abyss. Was disappointed when I missed on a couple sales on like new HD800S here on this site at a price I felt was fair to jump in and try them. After the Abyss excitement faded for a bit, reality hit where $ do matter. Just am very curious of what else is out there and what it sounds like. I guess I'm understanding how easy it is to fall into this hobby. I should just focus on taking it slow and enjoying it! Another user on here told me it is a marathon, not a race. Need to keep remembering that advice! :)

Thanks to everyone in this thread for your feedback.

Personally I think there's no contest between HEK LCD4 HD800 etc vs Abyss. I would say that the Abyss are on another level and I generally don't overstate differences. Can't really hear much difference (if at all) between DACs, I think amps (provided the specs are suitable) play a fairly small part in the overall sound of a headphone. But I would say the gap between Abyss and everything else (that I have tried so far) is significant.

I mean, I'm not just blindly in love with them to the point where I would still sing their praises if something better came out. If someone comes out with a better headphone, I won't even be mad - I'll just buy it. If something better comes along I will happily make the switch. For me, personally, not only has nothing beat it yet, but nothing has even come close to equalling it.

IMO IMO

...IMO

I don't want to cause any arguments but I think people should have a variety of opinions before forming a decision.

Wait, scratch that.

I don't think anyone should spend this much money on gear without hearing it for themselves. It is so much a matter of personal taste it's impossible to tell what is best for you from reading about what other people like.

Jul 26, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #5,925 of 11,994
I have the LCD-4 / Chord Mojo for a few months now and I enjoy them very much. Now - the headband creates a bit of pressure on my head and the LCD-4 becomes uncomfortable after awhile. It's not a big issue as I can take them off for 15 minutes (every 1 / 1.5 hours) then everything is fine. Is this a problem for others too? If I change the level on the yoke to enlarge them, this problem goes away but the headphone just doesn't feel "right" (seems to sit too low on my head)...

Yeah, that's pretty much been my experience as well with the headband. It's a bit unfortunate. Though it doesn't detract from the musical enjoyment, I wish it could've been as comfortable as a HE-1K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back