Audeze LCD-4
Mar 6, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #5,596 of 11,994
wait a tick... did you get rid of your 4's?!?!

they have disappeared from your sig. hope that was an accident?

I did sell them and thought better of it and bought them back...am awaiting their arrival....I do really think they are special

Mar 6, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #5,597 of 11,994
  I did sell them and thought better of it and bought them back...am awaiting their arrival....I do really think they are special

Just wondering if you have tried the HE1000v2 ? (I havent, but want to though)

Mar 6, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #5,598 of 11,994

I can't help with a comparison to the LCD 4 but I am currently auditioning a pair of HEK v2's and they are remarkable.

I prefer them to the Utopia even-similar neutrality but a shade more relaxing. More airy at the expense of the pure, driving focus of the Utopia.

One to try for sure...

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #5,599 of 11,994

same.

I can't help with a comparison to the LCD 4 but I am currently auditioning a pair of HEK v2's and they are remarkable.

I prefer them to the Utopia even-similar neutrality but a shade more relaxing. More airy at the expense of the pure, driving focus of the Utopia.

One to try for sure...

sounds like the HEKv2 might split the difference between the Utopia (on the ultra-HD clarity sound side) and the LCD-4 (on the ultra-listenable/musical side).  

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #5,600 of 11,994
same.

sounds like the HEKv2 might split the difference between the Utopia (on the ultra-HD clarity sound side) and the LCD-4 (on the ultra-listenable/musical side).  

Quite possibly. I have heard the LCD4 described as dark and the HEK certainly is not dark. In fact it is about as bright as the Utopia but just so melodic with it.

For me it's exquisite-exactly what I've been looking for in a totl can. Of course this is entropy subjective i appreciate but for me-near perfection.

Mar 6, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #5,601 of 11,994

*grab you with both hands by the shirt collar*

WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING MAN?!?!?!?!?

*cold slap you across the face*

GET IT TOGETHER!!!!!

beyersmile.png

beerchug.gif

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #5,602 of 11,994

i did try them,liked them quite a bit but sold them because I like the LCD-4 more...that said the 1000 v2 is the most comfortable HP I have ever worn

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #5,603 of 11,994
I have the Bryston BHA1 currently and I think it's quite good.
But I have a lead on a used Simaudio 430HA (without DAC) and am wondering if I should get it and sell my Bryston or just leave things as they are.
Unfortunately I have no place to audition the 430HA.

Any suggestions? Has anyone heard both of these amps?

-- Sanjay

Mar 7, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #5,604 of 11,994
I can't speak to the Brystan but the Moon 430 gets a big thumbs up from me!

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #5,605 of 11,994
I have the Bryston BHA1 currently and I think it's quite good.
But I have a lead on a used Simaudio 430HA (without DAC) and am wondering if I should get it and sell my Bryston or just leave things as they are.
Unfortunately I have no place to audition the 430HA.

Any suggestions? Has anyone heard both of these amps?

-- Sanjay

The Bryston is more than 'quite good' imo. It's one of the best there is for anything less than silly money.

I certainly wouldn't swap it out blind without auditioning its replacement.

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #5,606 of 11,994
The Bryston is more than 'quite good' imo. It's one of the best there is for anything less than silly money.

I certainly wouldn't swap it out blind without auditioning its replacement.

Yeah, what I mean by "quite good" was that I have no real complaints with it.
But I can't help but wonder if the Simaudio might be a better match for the LCD4 because of it's higher output.

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #5,607 of 11,994
Yeah, what I mean by "quite good" was that I have no real complaints with it.
But I can't help but wonder if the Simaudio might be a better match for the LCD4 because of it's higher output.

I very much doubt you need more than what the Bryston can put out.

Not saying you won't prefer the presentation of a different amp but I doubt you'll find a 'better' one for any sensible money.

Certainly something to try before you buy...

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #5,608 of 11,994
the Bryston BHA 1 is one of about 5 amps that Audeze recommended to me to pair with the LCD-4 when i wanted to buy The King but they didn't have any available.  

i did some research on it, but i came to the conclusion that the Moon Neo 430 is in another league and worth the money (to me) in the long run.  it seems to me, with amps, there's not much distortion in the market.... you generally get what you pay for.

Mar 8, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #5,610 of 11,994

How did you reach that conclusion without hearing both?

He probably read the enormous number of exemplary reviews available about the Moon 430....I know thats how i got interested in it myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back