Audeze LCD-4
Dec 4, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #5,056 of 11,994
  The one you liked 
wink.gif

ok that does show the difference. Better red and better grain. 

Dec 4, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #5,057 of 11,994
What was the reason for discontinuing the cocobolo's again? Is that wood illegal in some countries or something? It looks soo much nicer then the ebony's. :/

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #5,059 of 11,994
I love the yellow spot on mine..

Dec 4, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #5,060 of 11,994
What was the reason for discontinuing the cocobolo's again? Is that wood illegal in some countries or something? It looks soo much nicer then the ebony's. :/

???

they look nearly identical.  the Ebony is just as beautiful if not more so.

funny how people always covet what they can not have.  had Ebony wood been discontinued and most people had cocobolo, everyone would be all "i want the ebony's soooo bad."  
rolleyes.gif

Dec 4, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #5,061 of 11,994

???

funny how people always covet what they can not have.  had Ebony wood been discontinued and most people had cocobolo, everyone would be all "i want the ebony's soooo bad."  
rolleyes.gif

The problem with the Ebony that Audeze did not polish it as the Coco.
Ebony in real life looks boring and lifeless. 

Dec 4, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #5,062 of 11,994

???

rolleyes.gif

Whoa dude, relax.
They don't look identical. Check out Hifi59 post a page back. One's a black hard wood and the other is a orange/redish hardwood with wavy veins in it. 

The ebony's are beautiful too. 
blink.gif
 I just feel the Cocobolo wood has more character and yes, I believe it's nicer. Apparently, so did all the people responsible for nearly driving the species into extinction. 

Dec 4, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #5,063 of 11,994
???

funny how people always covet what they can not have.  had Ebony wood been discontinued and most people had cocobolo, everyone would be all "i want the ebony's soooo bad."  :rolleyes:

I have the coco and definitely like it better. Many that buy used want coco. So no that's not true.

Dec 4, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #5,064 of 11,994
Hey - does anyone know what the new stock cable is made out of? Been sleuthing around this forum but couldn't find anything. 
They sound good to me; I'm just curious.

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #5,068 of 11,994
  Is the LCD-4 as difficult to power as the HE-6 or easier?

I have the HE6 and had the LCD 4s. On the Mjolnir 2, the HE6 has to be at 3'o clock position to have a decent volume, I had also set the volume to max at some songs and it felt like it can be pushed further. The LCD 4s when at the same position sounded pretty deafening. HE6 are power hungry.

Dec 5, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #5,069 of 11,994
I have the HE6 and had the LCD 4s. On the Mjolnir 2, the HE6 has to be at 3'o clock position to have a decent volume, I had also set the volume to max at some songs and it felt like it can be pushed further. The LCD 4s when at the same position sounded pretty deafening. HE6 are power hungry.

Agreed. Was just at a meet a few days ago and got a chance to demo the HE-6. My Mogwai handles the LCD-4s without a problem, but I had to continually push the Mogwai's limits to get the HE-6 at my desired volume. I was surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back