Audeze LCD-4
Oct 11, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #827 of 11,994
Man, things are getting OP. This may break my neck considering the LCD line up thus far has a lot of weight. Anyone know the weight of this thing? Also the clamping octopus face fitting still brought to series 4?

680 grams. That's 20 grams more than the previous heavyweight Audeze champ, the LCD-XC. The new headband will help distribute it more evenly on your head, but don't expect much more comfort.

Oct 11, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #828 of 11,994
680 grams. That's 20 grams more than the previous heavyweight Audeze champ, the LCD-XC. The new headband will help distribute it more evenly on your head, but don't expect much more comfort.

comfort will likely be fine for most people just demoing these headphones briefly.

The concern is really more long term listening. I would say can experience discomfort within 30 minutes (based on my experience with previous lighter Audeze models), but likely not going to be too bad until you hit the 1.5hr-2hr mark.

really depends on how long you typical use your headphones for as well as your neck muscles & tolerance for that type of weight. this are definitely among the heaviest headphones in existence. how big of a concern for you & real-world discomfort will be subjective.

Oct 11, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #829 of 11,994

Quote:

That is a lot of weight.

comfort will likely be fine for most people just demoing these headphones briefly.

The concern is really more long term listening. I would say can experience discomfort within 30 minutes (based on my experience with previous lighter Audeze models), but likely not going to be too bad until you hit the 1.5hr-2hr mark.

really depends on how long you typical use your headphones for as well as your neck muscles & tolerance for that type of weight. this are definitely among the heaviest headphones in existence. how big of a concern for you & real-world discomfort will be subjective.

Yes, I think it is subjective. That the problem for me too, I can not seem to put on the lcd2.2 bamboo on my head for long period (45Mins).

I am thinking they are charging too much. with this kind of money they should optimized not only the sound, weight, comfortability should take into account too. There are still a lot of parts can be made using less weight material not just the head band. No matter how good the sound, if you cant make it on your head long enough, it is hard to justify that kind of money.

Oct 11, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #830 of 11,994
  That is a lot of weight.

Yes, I think it is subjective. That the problem for me too, I can not seem to put on the lcd2.2 bamboo on my head for long period (45Mins).

I am thinking they are charging too much. with this kind of money they should optimized not only the sound, weight, comfortability should take into account too. There are still a lot of parts can be made using less weight material not just the head band. No matter how good the sound, if you cant make it on your head long enough, it is hard to justify that kind of money.

+1 - For that kind of incremental increase in cost I expect also an improvement in weight by using better materials like carbon fiber all around, not just in the headband.

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #831 of 11,994
Are their anymore audition impressions outside of show conditions posted either on Head-fi or other sites?

Oct 12, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #832 of 11,994

I think a lot of people love the HD-650s sound signature and I won't deny the claim.  I would be interested if you were to blind test though if you would be so reluctant to say that they are far and above the better headphone.

Also I would say that depending on the music you listen to this could definitely be true.

How could someone blind test a headphone that weights some bricks against another one that is sort of lightweight?

Oct 12, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #833 of 11,994
   For those in the NY area, you can try out the LCD-4 next Thursday, 10/15, from 12-7:30 at Stereo Exchange in Manhattan on Broadway just n. of Houston.  Audeze will be there and a whole range of other manufacturers of headphone, dacs and headphone amps.  All available to demo and listen.

It's this Thursday.  Here's some additional info:      http://stereoexchange.com/latest-news/best-of-both-worlds-event-october-15th-2015/

As indicated, also attending will be HiFi Man (with the HD1000), Chord (introducing two new dacs), Astell & Kern (with the AK380 and others), McIntosh, Master & Dynamic, and other headphone mfgrs.  Also analog mfgrs. 

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #837 of 11,994
Nothing posted yet..still waiting for either allowed release reviews under Audeze's NDA if that's even real.
.lol
Or people to fork out for a ADZLCD4-4K and tell us how spiffing it is. I live in the UK, I also live in hope...

Oct 13, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #839 of 11,994
Wondering a battle between LCD4 and HE1000...

Anyone had a try?

They are both great but with very different signatures - tried back to back at RMAF. It really comes down to the chain and your signature preferences. For me, no contest - I like the 4 much better due to its signature thru the king amp vs he1000 thru ygg/Rok.

Oct 13, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #840 of 11,994
Hi, more replies later on, but regarding the wood, Audeze purchased cocobolo and then it was placed on the watch list right afterwards. The rules say we can use what we have, but after these initial cocobol wood LCD-4s are gone we'll switch to another beautiful wood, 30-year-old Macassar Ebony. Audeze's 30-day-money-back offer stands for the LCD-4. 
Thanks for your interest, we're interested in everyone's input.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back