Audeze LCD-4
Oct 8, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #722 of 11,994
Would still like Audeze input. 2 years of just turning the lights on and paying people (and Amp engineers) costs a lot. Not including equipment training, travel, hosting R+D Set up your own headphone factory...

If Samsung made just one phone and gave it to you it would cost more than a national lottery win. Nice to see more impressions of the new design thanks.
Beyond headphone people, shame they can't get economy of scale, bigger company's have deep pockets, small guys live or die off the back of the next best thing. If audeze open in Shenzen then expect a price cut. Dr Fangs got people skills and one of the world's congested manufacturing hubs. He'd be making a loss in the US or UK.

Oct 8, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #723 of 11,994
Sorry to go on we all want this really. It may be better sounding than X Y Z or not. I think we won't get it our Xmas stocking. But his thread has been enjoyable all the same. Personally Mr Tyll is what I am waiting for but post links when they come up.

Oct 8, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #724 of 11,994
On the bus, train or flight I don’t even care to try to get better sound than I get from my old iPod classic with Klipsch s4/Hifiman re-600. 

Oct 8, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #727 of 11,994
http://www.head-fi.org/t/782442/audeze-lcd-4/360#post_11962346

Massacar Ebony might be another option.

Oct 8, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #728 of 11,994
They actually won't be available to ship for a few weeks yet. The only impressions so far have been at CanJam, and those that I've seen have ranged from "beats everything but too expensive" to "eh, unimpressive" under show conditions. Even the people who have heard them haven't generally drawn any real conclusions about them given the listening environment.

Some people seem to have completely made up their mind about them based on these initial reports, or even before, based on their (controversial) price alone. Of course, there's nothing wrong with that as long as they don't dismiss or insult others who are waiting for more reports or to try them with their own ears. Everyone makes his or her own decisions at his or her own pace. :)

Hopefully people who are looking for experienced feedback about these headphones won't draw firm conclusions based on the speculation thus far, though.

Show conditions may not be ideal for a review, but it is a level playing field for all the headphones so a critical comparison can be made. London noise levels were moderate and good or bad verdicts were valid.

Oct 8, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #729 of 11,994
Show conditions may not be ideal for a review, but it is a level playing field for all the headphones so a critical comparison can be made. London noise levels were moderate and good or bad verdicts were valid.

If that works for you then it's certainly valid for you. :) I personally don't find the playing field to be level unless all of the headphones I'm comparing don't resolve very well (so the noise doesn't matter so much). With very resolving headphones, it's hard for me to compare the level of definition between them in even a moderately noisy environment as details will inevitably get lost in the noise. At the very top of the headphone lines, when comparing very subtle differences that matter quite a lot in a quiet listening environment, I wouldn't feel comfortable truly "rendering a verdict" even though I may glean a general sense of each headphone's character and outstanding traits. YMMV, your ears may be better than mine, etc. 
gs1000.gif

Oct 8, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #730 of 11,994
I would agree that show conditions are not ideal for very in-depth critical listening. always take show impressions with a grain of salt I think.

at the same time, when talking about really expensive items, owner impressions likely to be a bit biased as well due to cost barrier of entry.

I am glad to see that audeze is offering a 30 day return policy for these. will allow people who take that dive to really spend some time forming critical impressions & seeing if it is the right match for them at that price point.

Best impressions are impressions that have multiple other headphones with them that allows for relative comparisons that gives everyone reading a frame of reference I think. Usage of multiple different genres and a wide sampling of test tracks is also helpful. Typically, can be extremely difficult to partake in that sort of critical side-by-side evaluations in show conditions.

looking forward to seeing some impressions from reviewers whose impressions/background often mirror my own.

Oct 8, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #731 of 11,994
I would agree that show conditions are not ideal for very in-depth critical listening. always take show impressions with a grain of salt I think.

at the same time, when talking about really expensive items, owner impressions likely to be a bit biased as well due to cost barrier of entry.

I am glad to see that audeze is offering a 30 day return policy for these. will allow people who take that dive to really spend some time forming critical impressions & seeing if it is the right match for them at that price point.

Best impressions are impressions that have multiple other headphones with them that allows for relative comparisons that gives everyone reading a frame of reference I think. Usage of multiple different genres and a wide sampling of test tracks is also helpful. Typically, can be extremely difficult to partake in that sort of critical side-by-side evaluations in show conditions.

looking forward to seeing some impressions from reviewers whose impressions/background often mirror my own.

That's one of the reasons I love the Cavalli booth. Alex had almost every "common" TOTL headphone so you can try them all on all of his different amps. This year he had the LCD-3 and -X, HE-1000 and -560, Ether and Ether-C, Abyss, HD-800 and a few others I can't remember. I spent a few hours playing with them and the amps. Great fun and never any pressure to move on (other than my desire not to hog anything if someone was waiting). Alex is a solid gut and a righteous dude. Cheers

Oct 8, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #732 of 11,994
Oct 8, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #733 of 11,994
 For those in the NY area, you can try out the LCD-4 next Thursday, 10/15, from 12-7:30 at Stereo Exchange in Manhattan on Broadway just n. of Houston.  Audeze will be there and a whole range of other manufacturers of headphone, dacs and headphone amps.  All available to demo and listen.

Oct 9, 2015 at 1:10 AM Post #734 of 11,994
I just can not believe they made them heavier. A million posts saying their headphones are too heavy and they make them heavier.
confused.gif
 Just me but I do not think any headband can handle that much weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back