Audeze LCD-4
Oct 31, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #1,280 of 11,995

That is one insultingly ugly cable.

Glad im not the only one who thought that. The LCD-4's do look amazing themselves though IMO (but still too heavy and expensive for me)

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #1,282 of 11,995
swjones3 I don't have any details on the cable but, I did find a better picture. The other pic looks like the color is over saturated (exaggerated) from the flash and camera settings (probably vivid). From various pictures I have seen I think this one is probably pretty close to what it really looks like (a soft blue).

The Q French Silk cable from Q-Audio (previously available from The Audio Guild) is a really nice cable. Steve made me one last year for my LCD-2's. 

Trevor from Norne Audio is a good guy. I recently ordered a Vanquish Series cable from him for anther pair of headphones. 

Oct 31, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #1,284 of 11,995
Well I thought I found a better picture but, the pic Viper2005 just posted looks like a much darker and nicer shade of blue. Perhaps there are two different blue cables being used at shows? 

I can see:  CryoParts TWcu Custom Cable for...  Audeze ?

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #1,288 of 11,995
Has anyone tried the LCD-4 with some of the amps from Big Sound 2015? It's a shame that these new flagships like the T1.2, HD800S and LCD-4 among others weren't there for it. I'm wondering which might be an ideal pairing for the LCD-4's (100 ohms) as many manufacturers typically list only 32, 50, 300 and 600 ohm rated output power in their respective specifications. Any thoughts on synergistic pairings while I'm at it?

I ask out of curiosity as I'll likely never afford such a setup.
smily_headphones1.gif

All Audio-gd amps list output into 100Ohms 
smily_headphones1.gif

http://audio-gd.com/En%20audio-gd.htm
They are not in the BS2015, but their amps & DACs are acclaimed and use some of the best components available IMO.
I like what they offer 
atsmile.gif

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #1,289 of 11,995

headband... I love my X/XC really but will be interested to see where this new tech goes over the next few releases...

Nice...I remember some of your comments in the past about comfort, so I think you'll really like it. In fact, while there are always exceptions and those who just cannot ever be pleased (lol), I am very confident that the majority of LCD owners/buyers will see this as a very favorable upgrade to the original headband. I wear my Xs for hours and hours straight now. Never get hot, never get hotspots.

Focker, I am new to the LCD World, I am not seeing the new headband on the Audeze Site, do you know when it will be available? I probably will be buying either an X or a 3f in a couple weeks, will the new headband be an option?

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #1,290 of 11,995
  Focker, I am new to the LCD World, I am not seeing the new headband on the Audeze Site, do you know when it will be available? I probably will be buying either an X or a 3f in a couple weeks, will the new headband be an option?

Someone posted November on here and audeze replied to me the other day saying it's gonna be December.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back