Audeze LCD-4
Nov 18, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #4,831 of 11,995
  FINALLY got the LCD4

Very initial impressions:
- Much much more resolving compared to the LCD3 F.
- Less boxy compared to the LCD3 F. 
- Less forward compared to the LCD3 F. 
- I have mixed feelings about the musicality, for some reason I miss the warmth of LCD3 F. 

Will post more very soon 

200 ohm version? I'm getting my LCD 4's tomorrow :) Will post my impressions too.
But something tells me that I will regret if I sell my LCD 3F already.

Nov 18, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #4,833 of 11,995
I am happy to announce that I am done chasing the perfect headphones. 
This is what I was looking for all the time, a headphones that brings HD800S and LCD3F together. 

I am DONE 
o2smile.gif

Nov 18, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #4,836 of 11,995
FINALLY got the LCD4

- I have mixed feelings about the musicality, for some reason I miss the warmth of LCD3 F. 

Will post more very soon 

In reference to your 4th initial impression, I stated the exact same thing here. I felt the LCD -3f was a bit more musical especially with rock,grunge,metal.
Otherwise, the LCD-4 was the superior of the two.

Nov 18, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #4,837 of 11,995
I told you didn't I 
evil_smiley.gif
? The LCD-4's are an absolute marvel. I'm still listening to both the HD800S & LCD-4 to see whether or not I would miss the HD800S if I were to depart it.

Nov 18, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #4,838 of 11,995
In reference to your 4th initial impression, I stated the exact same thing here. I felt the LCD -3f was a bit more musical especially with rock,grunge,metal.
Otherwise, the LCD-4 was the superior of the two.

I think it is less musical because it is a tad bright, less forward and less intimate, right??? 

The LCD4 is the ONLY headphones that reminds me of studio monitors!
It is not extremely forward and claustrophobic like the Utopia
AND
not extremely ethereal like the HE1000 or HD800S. 

Nov 18, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #4,839 of 11,995
  I told you didn't I 
evil_smiley.gif
? The LCD-4's are an absolute marvel. I'm still listening to both the HD800S & LCD-4 to see whether or not I would miss the HD800S if I were to depart it.

I will sell my HD800S for sure!
The LCD4 maintains the HD800's resolution and has much more musicality.
The HD800S sounds artificial and fake! 

Audeze managed to introduce realism to headphones industry.
No more fake and ethereal soundstage like the HD800 and HE1000.
No more claustrophobic and boxy tone like LCD3 and Utopia.
Nothing in your face and nothing flying around you head, everything where it should be in the middle between your face and around your head.  

But honestly, nothing will beat the mids of LCD3F not even the LCD4. 

UPDATE: 
When I listen to the LCD3F, I say "Oh I wish if it is a tad resolving and less forward" AND when I listen to the LCD4, I say "Oh I wish if it is a tad intimate and more pronounced mids". 

Overall, I lean more toward the more balanced LCD4. 

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #4,843 of 11,995

I will sell my HD800S for sure!
The LCD4 maintains the HD800's resolution and has much more musicality.
The HD800S sounds artificial and fake! 

Audeze managed to introduce realism to headphones industry.
No more fake and ethereal soundstage.
No more claustrophobic and boxy tone.
Nothing in your face and nothing flying around you head, everything where it should be in the middle between your face and around your head.  

But honestly, nothing will beat the mids of LCD3F not even the LCD4. 

I believe the improved flux density as well as magnet arrays is helping with the even distribution of the sound layers. These things sound incredibly well balanced.
Studio monitors are made to be neutral with a very balanced frequency range for accurate reproduction so I have to agree. These sound like speakers, but on your head. Difference is, these things sound more fluid and because sound is so up close, it's more intimate and euphoric. Like you when I first put it on, I wasn't appreciating it's values as I was still use to my other headphones. But once you sit with it for awhile, it starts to consume you.

Maybe I'm still biased on the HD800/HD800S sound signature. Give it a few more months and I should make a clean transition. Don't really believe in having multiple headphones. Feel so bad when one or the other doesn't get use. I can understand why people collect so many though. So many different sounds like with girls and their personalities. 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 19, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #4,844 of 11,995
FINALLY got the LCD4

Will post more very soon 

I soon forgot about the musicality of the lcd4. It's just comfortable and familiar,but soon the lcd 4 will be your go to can.

Nov 19, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #4,845 of 11,995
The year is 2018: Audeze, Hifiman, and Sennheiser team up to release the LED-4800S

Great...now we will finally get the first $6,900 headphone with bad quality control and overly bright treble LoL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back